News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

You think I'm here to somehow influence his trade value? I'm not even here to argue about what we should get for him in a trade. I understand that a player in his position isn't going to be worth much more than a pick in the 40s.

I was just here to offer the opinion from someone who's watched plenty of him that I think he's going to be good for you guys and I think you'll enjoy watching him play. He's your Toby Bedford

I never said any of these things.

You’re complaining because we’re not rolling out the red carpet for you after the shit we’ve heard in here.

Get over it.

Come back in April/May next year. He was the sub against Gold Coast because he was coming back from injury. Collingwood is stacked with small forwards (Elliott, Bobby, McCreery, Schultz). He's pure class. You clearly don't want to hear it now for some reason (have all Port fans developed a natural pessimism?) but he's good. Collingwood gave up Ginnivan for nothing last year, we love underestimating our fringe players and trading them just before they fully break out.

You gave 14 games to McEntee last year. 13 to Narkle. Mead played all 26. Richards is better than them. You'll realise it next year, you don't have to believe me now, just enjoy getting him for way less than his true value
I have watched Richards closely, in particular the last round against Melbourne. I agree with your assessment. Far better footballer than the other tried small forwards in our squad, Rioli aside. I for one are very happy that he is coming to Port.

The Vic media is not talking him up at all. I haven't heard a single person mention him in anything more than a passing comment. He's a no name. No one is suggesting it's a straight swap for Houston, he's going to be an added sweetener to the deal. I just rate him highly and think he could end up being a tiny bit like the Jack Crisp steak knives to the Dayne Beams deal back in 2014. Probably not to this level but he's good and will improve your side, I promise you.

It's not about this trade value, I'm just frustrated that he's leaving and I think/thought that fans of the team he's joining would be more interested in hearing the praise than the fans of the club he's leaving.
This forum has had to deal with 12 years of failure, wasted opportunities, shitting on tradition and gaslighting from our administration. Dont take it personally, we're always grumpy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think I'm here to somehow influence his trade value? I'm not even here to argue about what we should get for him in a trade. I understand that a player in his position isn't going to be worth much more than a pick in the 40s.

I was just here to offer the opinion from someone who's watched plenty of him that I think he's going to be good for you guys and I think you'll enjoy watching him play. He's your Toby Bedford
Bi-Lo Bedford.

Fingers crossed. Toby Bedford was traded for pick 44 too. Happy to have him thrown in, but that value doesn’t really move the needle much in terms of a Houston trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Joe Richards nominates Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back