Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Richards not the finished product. Yes he is 25 but still capable of playing elsewhere on the field eg backline, wing

Quick players, with a footy brain who can kick off either side - pies need more of this, not less

And realistically Port would only a late 2nd at best for him…

Hardly worth it
I'd be wanting a late first round pick or we keep him

I'd be wanting a late first round pick or we keep him
That won't be up to us, given he is out of contract.
I'd be asking for a top 30 pick. They should find one if they want him.
A top 30 pick is a waste, we might as well let him walk to the PSD. Honestly, a top 30 pick isn't worth anything. The chances of getting a good player is remote and it's time to make a stand. I think he'll stay anyway

A top 30 pick is a waste, we might as well let him walk to the PSD. Honestly, a top 30 pick isn't worth anything. The chances of getting a good player is remote and it's time to make a stand. I think he'll stay anyway
In this draft its worth something given the depth.
Kids in the 40-50 range would be top 30 in most drafts.
Clubs are drooling to get back into the top 30 of this years draft.

That won't be up to us, given he is out of contract.
I'd be asking for a top 30 pick. They should find one if they want him.
It sort of would be though. We don't have to trade him. If we don't get the price we want, we can let him go through to the draft - he isn't a FA. So if it is Port, they'd need to come with a deal we can do, otherwise someone else may pick him up.

It sort of would be though. We don't have to trade him. If we don't get the price we want, we can let him go through to the draft - he isn't a FA. So if it is Port, they'd need to come with a deal we can do, otherwise someone else may pick him up.
Thats true. Don't think it'll come to that. Generally clubs would do a deal. If a player was determined to leave. Bar a few instances.

In this draft its worth something given the depth.
Kids in the 40-50 range would be top 30 in most drafts.
Clubs are drooling to get back into the top 30 of this years draft.
Richards will be ready to star next year. A top 30 pick could end up being a 3 year wait. Time to make a stand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In that case, we keep him. Simple.
Has poise, clean skills and speed. I agree that he can play small forward, hbf or wing.

I’d hate to lose him for a pick in the 30’s.. that’s what we will get..

I know as supporters we say “screw port” but there’s also Joe the player. Telling him get stuffed go to the draft isn’t a realistic option. As much as we’d like it to be.

Gut feel says he’s going to sign. And we may just reinvent him in the offseason. Josh and Richard’s on the wings looks good to me

Has poise, clean skills and speed. I agree that he can play small forward, hbf or wing.

I know as supporters we say “screw port” but there’s also Joe the player. Telling him get stuffed go to the draft isn’t a realistic option. As much as we’d like it to be.

Gut feel says he’s going to sign. And we may just reinvent him in the offseason. Josh and Richard’s on the wings looks good to me
Spot on

I think we'd actually get even later than that if he requested a trade

I sort of agree. he isnt a need with McCreery, Schulz, Hill and Elliott. I think he is terrific depth and a best 23 player for some clubs. Keep him unless we get a pick inside 30 for him. The recruiters will know what they can get for him and whether better to keep or trade.

His initial video reminded me of Tim Kelly's today he did things that reminded me of Robbie Gray, however he is always going to be a long way off their level because he is too slim and light which means he really is only going to be an outside forward of centre player/maybe wing.

Pies lose the VFL without him today by 2-3 goals.
I think he’s ultimately an upgrade on Lipinski as a connecting HFF that kicks goals and racks up possessions, so can coexist with our small forward brigade if everyone is healthy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back