Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Be a shame if he goes elsewhere.
It’s disappointing to lose him but I’d say he’s already gone. Let’s get a decent deal and use it to improve our list.

I don’t care about guys who don’t want to wear the black and white stripes. Let him go I reckon.

It’s disappointing to lose him but I’d say he’s already gone. Let’s get a decent deal and use it to improve our list.

I don’t care about guys who don’t want to wear the black and white stripes. Let him go I reckon.
His comments today sounded like he'd like to stay - his managers comments sounded like he's advising him to go.

His comments today sounded like he'd like to stay - his managers comments sounded like he's advising him to go.
Pretty simple solution if he wants to stay.

It might be your passion - but it's his career. Give him some time to think it through rather than expecting him to act like a fan.
Two years is more than fair.

Take it or leave.

Two years is more than fair.

Take it or leave.
I think he'll take the 2 years with us and then re assess after that. If he's good enough after 2 years then let him get his bigger contract. I don't think port are offering much more money, it's more the 3 to 4 years. Realistically, he hasn't achieved anything yet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he'll take the 2 years with us and then re assess after that. If he's good enough after 2 years then let him get his bigger contract. I don't think port are offering much more money, it's more the 3 to 4 years. Realistically, he hasn't achieved anything yet
I think 2 years is more than fair for a 25 year old mature age recruit who's played 8 games.

Maybe a trigger for a 3rd year might be what gets him over the line.

I think 2 years is more than fair for a 25 year old mature age recruit who's played 8 games.

Maybe a trigger for a 3rd year might be what gets him over the line.
Port are apparently offering 3 years ( not 4 as originally reported), so 2 plus a trigger for a 3rd would be the way to go for us.
Joe's good enough for us to extend if he proves himself.

Port are apparently offering 3 years ( not 4 as originally reported), so 2 plus a trigger for a 3rd would be the way to go for us.
It sounds like his manager is pushing him to leave but Joe would like to stay

Contract is probably a very small part of it. More to do with opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back