Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we should just hold fire and see if he re-signs?

As long as it isn’t breaking the sacred covenants of BigFooty, I think I would prefer to anonymously troll the bastard until he returns the love which has been proffered by our great and powerful football club.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It depends upon what the contract is. Adams clearly didn't think we valued him.
Adams is a good example of why it's not as simple as we should have signed him already. Matching Sydney's 3 years would have been a shit decision.

4 years? Wow. I doubt we'd offer more than 2.

Yep, that deal (if true) is definitely a wow. I like Joey, but he’s hardly an established best 22, and there’s no guarantee he’ll continue on his promising trajectory.

I know little about Port’s list - other than their midfield riches - so I’m assuming Joey fills a hole. Otherwise why four years for an eight game player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's only borderline best 23 but if they're offering 4 years surely we'll swap a few bits and pieces and take Miles Bergman.

Agree. Surely we can get something back for him. We need to really start targeting pieces to complement Naicos.

Feel like we were in this position with Ash Johnson and we signed him on a terrible contract.

If it's a 4 year deal, we must finally stand our ground and get compensation that's commensurate to how he's valued. None of this useless 3rd rounder bs or swap of 2nd rounders.

A minimum outcome should be a future 2nd to help our stockpile to match Mcguane and give us flexibility to use our first next year. Otherwise if we can engineer Richards into a Keane then that could also be acceptable. Turns a position where we have abundance of depth (small forwards) into one where we have little (KPD)

Maybe they knew he was leaving, hence activating him as the sub with 50 seconds to go, then dropping him the following week.
The Old Revenge Sub Manoeuvre into a Dropping. A classic
Bold Strategy Cotton GIF by MOODMAN

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back