Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Joe might be holding back signing per his managers advice to try and squeeze a bit more out of our club. Besides, he might hate the thought of living in Adelaide for 4 years.
Nothing wrong with Adelaide. I lived there for 8 years.

I swear some players dont look at the pecking order they have to succumb when they move clubs. Preuss to Dees for example. Heck even Grundy to Dees. Adams to Swans. Sure there is many others.

For Richards this is appealing

Look at the pies he has to contend with

McCreery
Elliott
Hill
Schultz
Harrison

I think for a guy like Richards whoever offers him the most money will be the one he goes to.

Anything else is fairly irrelevant. He doesn't have long in the AFL system being already 25

True. But I think if we bolster the midfield some guys who have had to be stop gaps in midfield this year will provide some of the depth on flanks you want
Crisp/Pendles rotated through one of those roles in 2023. It'd be great to get a young mid who can play a flank as he's developing. I think we were overloaded on secondary mids without flanker traits this year: Macrae, Carmichael, Long, Sullivan, Bytel. Need a couple of the kids with some dash to develop quickly.

I swear some players dont look at the pecking order they have to succumb when they move clubs. Preuss to Dees for example. Heck even Grundy to Dees. Adams to Swans. Sure there is many others.

For Richards this is appealing

Look at the pies he has to contend with

McCreery
Elliott
Hill
Schultz
Harrison
Some clubs don't seem to either. Swans with Adams. Us with Schultz - I'm a fan but not a player type we should have been spending on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That leads you to another question with the guys you named who moved clubs…was it the contract offer they were accepting that took precedence over anything else?

Its hard to get a grasp of it. Money does talk. But surely playing opportunity is why you start to pursue a career in sports. Everyone is different i guess

That’s fair. Does anyone remember what we paid for Sam Murray.
He couldn’t buy a game at the swans, but we wanted him and paid the price. Twice.
It was future picks and we did better than expected in 2018 and there was a lot of matching that swallowed up picks, so he ended up not costing much - despite the ongoing hullaballoo.

It was something in the ball park of pick 35 for Murray and pick 45.

We need a tall defender and wing for the short term. Can draft tall forward and inside mid - as our best 22 options there are fine for now but old.

Geez Fly is going off script and may ruffle some of our recruiters feathers saying we want a tall key forward. He even mentioned a Curnow/Mckay type.

Is he trying to break with tradition or reading BF? 🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can’t imagine us just offering 1 year, so if Port’s offer is significantly longer at 4 years I’d assume we have a 2 year contract on the table.

Perhaps 3 years or triggers is enough to bridge the gap?

Hopefully Richards wakes up to himself and repays the faith shown by the club.
Sign the god dam contract!
What faith, 45 seconds of gametime followed by a trip back to the magoos. Job security is massive these days. In saying that i'd love for him to stay, clever player, with harvey harrison out all next year he should be getting a regular game

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back