Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Bundle him up with an offer for Dan Houston where another bundle with Noble may drag pick 13 from the Gold Coast
We’re all hoping for this! Shafts Carlton, gives PA a first round pick, a good small forward prospect & likely a future pick, and Pies get a gun! Win win win!

I reckon he’s decided to leave.

Me too.

Consider how it probably happens.

It’s not as if he’s a big name player who is entering free agency.

He was drafted at pick 48 and has just finished his second year.

He’s a small forward who has kicked 6 goals in the 9 games he’s played. He’s never played a finals game.

Of course we all love him and reckon he’ll be a decent player, but we’re all Collingwood nuffies blind to the fact that there are 17 other clubs who also have exciting young developing players.

The fact is Richards is a nobody in the comp. There would have to be at least 500 active AFL players who have a higher profile than him.

And now Port Adelaide - a team he’s never even played against (and he’s never even played in Adelaide) suddenly want to throw a three year deal at him?

My guess is that doesn’t happen unless his agent shops him around. And an agent doesn’t shop a player around unless the player wants to be shopped around.

Richards wouldn’t be the first player under the current regime to want out. Henry, Ginnivan, Adams … there’s some handy names there.

Me too.

Consider how it probably happens.

It’s not as if he’s a big name player who is entering free agency.

He was drafted at pick 48 and has just finished his second year.

He’s a small forward who has kicked 6 goals in the 9 games he’s played. He’s never played a finals game.

Of course we all love him and reckon he’ll be a decent player, but we’re all Collingwood nuffies blind to the fact that there are 17 other clubs who also have exciting young developing players.

The fact is Richards is a nobody in the comp. There would have to be at least 500 active AFL players who have a higher profile than him.

And now Port Adelaide - a team he’s never even played against (and he’s never even played in Adelaide) suddenly want to throw a three year deal at him?

My guess is that doesn’t happen unless his agent shops him around. And an agent doesn’t shop a player around unless the player wants to be shopped around.

Richards wouldn’t be the first player under the current regime to want out. Henry, Ginnivan, Adams … there’s some handy names there.
If Richards helps us land Houston then I will love him forever.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Joe Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

Back