Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

symo said:
Joel Bowden has had an average year by a normal afl club
he just looks good because he is playing with an unsuccesful footy club
so averaging 25+ possessions a game since he was dropped early in the year constitutes average? you have got to be kidding. have you even watched him?
a typically moronic comment from a collingwood supporter. oh if you dont know what that word means, look it up in the dictionary.

Bowden has played really well since he was dropped earlier in the season, but he was dropped for bad form in a club that has not performed well at all. I don't think he will beat Brown in the B & F, despite the fact he has had a couple of ordinary games lately.

I also don't think Bowden will be traded. He has proven an ability to improve under some pressure (on field and off) and seams to be something of a leader at the club. He is one of the few passionate & quality players Richmond truley has and you cant get rid of that.

i have lost track of how many games in a row now that he has been our best player by the proverbial mile. he is a monty for the best and fairest imho. sorry browny.

The people here saying that you can't trade Bowden would have been the same ones saying at the end of last year that you can't trade Tivendale after the good year he had.

Fact of the matter is that Bowden has produced about 2 good years out of the 7 or 8 he has been at the club. He is definitely tradeable. If a first round draft pick was offered I'd definitely trade him and would consider doing the same for a second round pick.

you lay it on the line to blokes, it is simple.
You say if they want to pussyfoot around you can go walk.
we did this to joel finally for a long time he was untoucable because of his lovely skills. We put the pressure on him and dropped him and said if you are going to do this your out mate.
He responded brilliantly. Proffessinally, maybe evern surprised himself.
it is not rocket science it is called accountability.
Wallace will do that from day one.

the future is wallace

Darth_Tiger said:
i have lost track of how many games in a row now that he has been our best player by the proverbial mile. he is a monty for the best and fairest imho. sorry browny.

That's an interesting point, Darth. Joel has literaly been our best player EVERY week for about the last six. I can't remember that happening since the days of Maurice Rioli.

Has it ever happened at an opposition club. All I can think of is maybe Robert Harvey, or Greg Williams, or someone of that ilk.

Not bad company to keep, there Joely ...

DirtyDogTiger said:
Tiger Of Old got Bowden around the corner.
Hey? :)
Should have kept my mouth shut :D
in all seriousness tho i.ll give credit where credit is due and joel certainly has stepped up this year.
he,s not getting off lightly tho.remains to be seen if he can do it 2yrs in a row :D

cheers!

Im a Pie supporter, and I rate Joel Bowden... Against the Pies he had a huge game especially in the first half. His disposal has let him down in the past but I think he has talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back