Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

WOULD appear Joel Bowden is under the pump to retain his spot v Fremantle if comments from Wallace at today's Tuesday with Terry are any indication.
Says he is "lacking confidence".

Seems there are different criteria for dropping senior players, Terry say's it's okay for him to start the year slow and they'll back him 100%.

Suntan Wallace wont drop Bowden,Brown,Petifer,lids,tamblin or jordy either...they are his love children

im not a big fan of joel bowden, but he shouldnt get dropped. would rather have him playing out of the square at full forward than deledio who can offer us so much more up the field. even have him as a lead up HFF to gives us another target going forard. either way just get out of defence. what do you think?

If JB has lost confidence then I hope Wallace does the right thing and sends him to Coburg for a week or 2. I can understand why he has lost his confidence as it can't be easy fronting up week after week and have a feeling in the pit of your stomach that the side will most probably lose. You might laugh at that but you have to remember that they are human beings and just take a look at how low the confidence is around here and we don't even play. Might be a goo opportunity though to put some heat on a few others who have been bludging as they will have to step up and fill the void if JB does get dropped this week.

He hasnt been that bad, he was poor on the weekend, but he was good and beat his opponets.

If he isnt going to play as a key back wouldnt mind seeing him up forward, can take a grab and is a great kick for goal

Re: Joel Bowden sleeps with the light on; I wish this bloke pissed off to Greenpeace - soft jib.

Post above me is so stupid.

Joel needs to be played in defence, not this other bullshit.

I reckon a week or two on a forward flank might liven him up a bit. He's certainly got the leg to find the big sticks from a long way out, and has done it effectively before. Perhaps it's about time you tried a couple of different things with some players.

Re: Joel Bowden sleeps with the light on; I wish this bloke pissed off to Greenpeace - soft jib.

Post above me is so stupid.

Joel needs to be played in defence, not this other bullshit.

this make a lot of sense, where does he play in defence? cant play on a small like we seen on the weekend, and its pointless to play him on a tall. if we do when is thursfield, moore, schulz, mcguane who are our future going to learn the trade. thats right your one of those who wants to bring in the young blokes, but then dont play them where they should.

drop him and bring in someone with the some dash who will run the lines, we are too pedestrian down back which is made more glaring bc of the bulls.hit basketball -players-behind-the-ball style we play.

Im over the oldies, its disgusting they are still getting games week in week out, its not as if ANY of them are carrying us :rolleyes:

I don't think this is the right week to be dropping bowden. Freo have a lot of experience and are playing at home. Throwing a young kid in defence to play on farmer, headland, tarrant, solomon, pavlich, Mcpharlin would be a big mistake. Won't be dropped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

where do people get this myth bowden is one of our better kicks. anyone can hit a target when you find the space joel finds himself in. is when your under pressure that your kicking ability shows. nathan brown has far better skills than joel.

where do people get this myth bowden is one of our better kicks. anyone can hit a target when you find the space joel finds himself in. is when your under pressure that your kicking ability shows. nathan brown has far better skills than joel.

and take it a step further tiger03, when was the last time you saw Bowden use his skills to break the lines with a beautiful zone splitting pass fwd of the play? Im struggling to remember 1 or 2 let alone consistently like the top generals of the backline do..

Hes a highly over rated footballer now. I used to be a fan but the games gone past him and believe me we would be a better side without him within a half to full season

How many Richmond games have you watched?? Half the team could be sitting 50m in the clear under no pressure and couldn't hit a target by foot 25m away.

Even considering dropping Bowden is plain stupid. He is one of our leaders and is one of the few defenders we have who can actually kick the ball to a target.

100% agree, although im a sydney supporter Bowden is your best player in my opinion but he has hardly been played in his sweeping role from past years this year ... and when he has he's been caught in the situation whether to attack the ball or stay with his man

its simple, give him that sweeping role so he can set up from half back, you guys look at your dangerous when he is doing that role

100% agree, although im a sydney supporter Bowden is your best player in my opinion but he has hardly been played in his sweeping role from past years this year ... and when he has he's been caught in the situation whether to attack the ball or stay with his man

its simple, give him that sweeping role so he can set up from half back, you guys look at your dangerous when he is doing that role

he is not in that role because it doesnt work, that why we won 3 games. we need to play accountable football.

drop him and bring in someone with the some dash who will run the lines, we are too pedestrian down back which is made more glaring bc of the bulls.hit basketball -players-behind-the-ball style we play.

Im over the oldies, its disgusting they are still getting games week in week out, its not as if ANY of them are carrying us :rolleyes:

Well said:thumbsu:,except Richoman of course

he is not in that role because it doesnt work, that why we won 3 games. we need to play accountable football.

thats true but every team needs their hit up backman

Sydney - Kenelly
Port - Peter Burgoyne
St. Kilda - Fisher (soon to be goddard)
Bulldogs - Gillbee

the list goes on, thats bowdens role in the side full stop

if he gets a goal kicked on him so what, he'll set up 2 others in the process

take that away from him and his 30+ pos games and 5 goal assists are gone my friend .. and in my opinion so are richmond

thats true but every team needs their hit up backman

Sydney - Kenelly
Port - Peter Burgoyne
St. Kilda - Fisher (soon to be goddard)
Bulldogs - Gillbee

the list goes on, thats bowdens role in the side full stop

if he gets a goal kicked on him so what, he'll set up 2 others in the process

take that away from him and his 30+ pos games and 5 goal assists are gone my friend .. and in my opinion so are richmond

all these players you have named can all run with the ball when they get it. all these players run the lines and you will find that when they do get the ball they are in a position to attack, when joel gets it its normally deep in the back pocket with no where to go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back