Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Officially out.

In: McGuane, Riewoldt, Edwards, Hyde
Out: Kayne Pettifer (suspended), Greg Tivendale, Joel Bowden, Matt White.

Bowden didnt have a good week but clearly there are other players who are performing worse than him.I actually thought Tamblings decision making was shocking.I think he created 3 goals for Collingwood.If it was a choice between Hyde and Tivendale i would go with Tivvers simply because his delivery into 50 is usually very good to excellent.One of the few with footskills.

Don't understand why Hyde's in??:confused: Apart from that, wow got to be one of the most promising fields we've fielded in years. What do you reckon the average age of the team will be? Fremantle have the most mature list in the league though, they'll be a fair difference in experience!

"Out: Kayne Pettifer (suspended), Greg Tivendale, Joel Bowden" makes it :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Pettifer, Tivendale and Bowden all out with mostly kids coming in is great!

But if we picked Connors over Hyde (or preferrably left White in the side) then it would have been perfect A+ selections.

I must say, he hasn't had a good start to the year and the only time i saw him do his stuff on the field, he was kicking backwards. Bowden is a good player and if he does want to stay on the team for the next 17 rounds, he needs to pull his finger out.

i would have like to have seen joel play on one of thier tall forwards its just my opinion but he seems to do ok on taller players

I can't get my head around JB being dropped before so many others, this can't be serious!!!!. Hyde FFS, come on.

dropping bowden was more of a statement than anything. If it was based on actual form an quality u guys got stacks of people who shuld be dropped, could work out for you guys in the long run and hopefully my dt as well:D

Bowden also started last season slowly, as did Pettifer. I reckon teams are at their fittest and fastest at the start of the season which may be why they struggle early. Bowden has spent a bit of time up forward this season and done some good work keeping the ball in, especially against Carlton, but players with pace can run off him and Pettifer. People have got into Pettifer on here for not trying but I think it is more a case of him being burned off for pace. They'll both get back into a bit of form as the season wears on, but with the increasing pace of the game it is getting harder for blokes lacking a bit of toe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's a theory - Bowden not happy to be playing outside where he is at his best, not accountable enough v Collingwood, dropped to teach him a lesson.
IMO he's right to be p*ssed off, he won two B&Fs playing on tall forwards, he's not super quick but he can read the play and take advantage of forwards who are too slow or lazy to chase - thats why he's done so well on Rocca in the past. Thursfield is good enough to not have to play in the goalsquare every week, why couldn't he take another tall? There will be plenty to share around on Sunday ... good luck Luke.

He's gotta come in via emg. He is your best Defender and leader in the backline.

He reminds me of Soloman; in a way that he was used at the Bombers.

If the ball is going back there 100 times a game, anybody would look bad chasing, chasing and chasing.. tired bodies = bad kicks,handballs, etc.

Too bad you can't place him in the middle or up forward, playing as a defensive mid/forward. YOu have no leaders down back..though King seems to do it all on his own...

Good Luck....I honestly don't think it will be a blowout as some suggest...
WE always take out foot off it.....and sometimes show up expecting a win. I hope we have a few minders minding some of the Freo crew tonight.:p

Graham Polak has to go for it, and not play it safe..
Thats the danger of a COACH(TW), threatening to CUT players because of Form....The Players turn to playing it SAFE; not the make any ERRORS.
The only thing with that is that the players will also fail to MAKE plays happen for them....:(

The way Joel played today he doesn't deserve to be in the Richmond side, he is a lazy smart arse footballer, needs to pull his finger out, put his body on the line and take some hits, too scared to try anything out there.

What if we win by 5 goals - Terrys a legend?

That wont be because Hyde is in and Bowden's out.

If we win by 5 goals, we would have had to of played as a team playing some tough football.

Polak or Brown dropped = a statement.

Joel Bowden dropped = stupidity.

I can't believe this rubbish football club. When will it end?
Agree with the first part, disagree with the second, you still send a message to the group by dropping a 2x AA/B&F winner but you have to leave him out for more than a week. You might think it is stupid but to me it says we don't care what sort of reputation you have if you're not doing the team things then you're out. Sure Bowden has got more of the ball than either Polak or Brown but how many times have you seen Bowden put his body on the line this year, I can't really recall one time. Polak got knocked out last week while trying to get back in front of Rocca (IIRC) and I would dare say that Polak has been told to start performing or he'll be running around at Coburg as well.

As for Brown, you don't drop matchwinners unless they are hopelessly out of form. Much the same way people say we shouldn't drop Richo because he is our best chance at getting a win, Brown is in the same catergory. He could be quiet for 3/4 of the match and then turn a game in a 1/4 and thats why he remains. Last year we were all saying how much we missed him and needed him to be a better side, this year after a couple of quiet games there are calls for him to get the arse seems strange if you ask me.

Agree with the first part, disagree with the second, you still send a message to the group by dropping a 2x AA/B&F winner but you have to leave him out for more than a week. You might think it is stupid but to me it says we don't care what sort of reputation you have if you're not doing the team things then you're out. Sure Bowden has got more of the ball than either Polak or Brown but how many times have you seen Bowden put his body on the line this year, I can't really recall one time. Polak got knocked out last week while trying to get back in front of Rocca (IIRC) and I would dare say that Polak has been told to start performing or he'll be running around at Coburg as well.

As for Brown, you don't drop matchwinners unless they are hopelessly out of form. Much the same way people say we shouldn't drop Richo because he is our best chance at getting a win, Brown is in the same catergory. He could be quiet for 3/4 of the match and then turn a game in a 1/4 and thats why he remains. Last year we were all saying how much we missed him and needed him to be a better side, this year after a couple of quiet games there are calls for him to get the arse seems strange if you ask me.

It seems that the punters only see his game as being acceptable, when he blitzes in the FL and kicks party trick goals. IMO, his effort last week in particular was in the top 4 for the side. He didnt just hover in the FL, hoping that things happened, he went out and at least got the pill and tried to make things happen.
Unfortunately for us and for him, the FL he had vacated, let us down. We had the scum in our sights, we had reeled them in to within 5 goals, we had at least 3 chances to narrow the gap to 2 or 3, ie game on, pressure on, scum looking over their shoulders because they were being reeled in, but we again fluffed our chances. They go forward once after that and nail in the coffin is hammered with a goal. Dont you dudes watch the game? The only dissapointing thing about both losses is that we were ambushed in the first quarter in both games and that we had a couple of passengers, not because they werent trying, more because they have and always be passengers. I am tipping you know who i am talking about as well. Both are not in the side for the Freo game, one in particular wasnt dropped.

To put it all into perspective. The scum had 2 HFs tearing us up. Both skilled in their movements, sharpness etc. What did we have? Yep the petrified one who if he doesnt find himself alone by accident and the ball just happens to reach him, he is completely clueless as to how to conjure up a move that keeps the ball in a position that is to our advantage. The speed at which the ball rebounds after it has been fluffed by Pettifer is astounding. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back