Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Expatriation

Debutant
Sep 10, 2007
London
AFL Club
Richmond
I read he kicked 3.6 on the weekend for the Burgers. Did anyone go? How was he?? Actually him and Cogs? Any chance Bowden will be back soon? Help a poor bloke in London will ya lads?

He played center half foward for most the game and had around 30 possies ...
Im pretty sure he kicked 4.5 aswell

And cogs had around 10 possies didnt really do much but good to see him get a game under hes belt

I read he kicked 3.6 on the weekend for the Burgers. Did anyone go? How was he?? Actually him and Cogs? Any chance Bowden will be back soon? Help a poor bloke in London will ya lads?
He was very good and should have kicked7-8 goals and most weeks would have with the shots that he had.
I hope he is back this week and that they play him on the forward line with some midfield rotations
Coggo was good when he was on. Didn't get a lot of it but what he did with it when he got the ball was what you would expect from him
Needs 3-4 more weeks and I think he could have a real impact in the second half of the year.

He kicked 3.6, most were out around 50 metres, but he should be able to do it, at the moment he is just the same as when he was dropped, racks up the possies with ease, but has no defensive side, also I think he thinks to much of himself, the way he carries on when he marks the ball is disgusting, stops on his mark, holds the ball in one hand, puffs the chest out, won't look around for a closer target, very selfish player.

Why are we looking back???... keep playing the kids:thumbsu: they are the ones who have bought back energy and spirit to our side. P.S. before anyone else mentions it!...Richo Simmo and Johnno have been good too,for old blokes.

Why are we looking back???... keep playing the kids:thumbsu: they are the ones who have bought back energy and spirit to our side. P.S. before anyone else mentions it!...Richo Simmo and Johnno have been good too,for old blokes.
We aren't looking back, these guys are still on our lists, and in some cases a senior player can advance the kids, at the moment Joel isn't showing enough to make it back to AFL level, that being said I don't think it should be his last year.

Was good for Coburg - missed 2 easy shots at the Bell St end by about a foot - should have had 6 goals - most of his shots were 45 - 50 metres out. Had penty of space to lead into and was too smart for Shannon Cox & Justin Crow.

Cotchin was very clean with skills and had some great clearances - rarely went to ground. Daniel Connors flashed in and out but has an amazing leap and looks fit - Polo was good off the back flank - tends to go short options sideways but was consistent all day. Alex rance is a big unit and looks to be finding his feet

Collingwood magoos weren't much chop!

also I think he thinks to much of himself, the way he carries on when he marks the ball is disgusting, stops on his mark, holds the ball in one hand, puffs the chest out, won't look around for a closer target, very selfish player.

HBK, are you talking about Bowden or Pettifer? With both playing for Coburg and a description like that, it's very hard to distinguish between the two.

if i were a betting man, i would be putting my money on Bowden getting a call up against the bummers. Would have got back with the swing of things in the FL in the 2s and it would be the perfect match to frank the new move to the FL.

The one thing he has going for him right now is that he looks like he is toying with his opponents and he does present and present well...;)

He kicked 3.6, most were out around 50 metres, but he should be able to do it, at the moment he is just the same as when he was dropped, racks up the possies with ease, but has no defensive side, also I think he thinks to much of himself, the way he carries on when he marks the ball is disgusting, stops on his mark, holds the ball in one hand, puffs the chest out, won't look around for a closer target, very selfish player.

Iv'e been telling whoever would listen that he was a w***er...for ten years.

Identifying his attitude problem and then dropping him was a momentous step in the clubs future.

Joel is great at bullshitting people...including himself.

A player of his experience should be kicking 7 every week in the magoos(given he's played 4ward)

We haven't missed him and don't need him,regardless.

Yes I was there and most of his his shots were at or outside 50m. Makes the distance easily but crap accuracy. JB is yesterdays hero. We have depth now. I'd play cotchin or polak before bowden.

Agree

He was one of our best but still looked disinterested. Like he was having a jog in the park. Was not impressed by his effort at all. That being said he was better the Pettifer who was playing completely for himself.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren't looking back, these guys are still on our lists, and in some cases a senior player can advance the kids, at the moment Joel isn't showing enough to make it back to AFL level, that being said I don't think it should be his last year.

For starters Bowden and petts play only for themself plus look distinterested unless we are winning:mad: a few years back 02 or 03 playing Hawthorn at the G, Bowden pulled out of a contest not to cop a hit for the team...Hawthorn kicked a Goal...hawk players ran and gave it to him:eek: ...what was worst was Mike Sheahan wrote next day's Herald/Sun ... "Bowden Yesterday chose survival instead of example"... Sorry HBK619 but the kids don't need Advance Lessons like that.

HBK, are you talking about Bowden or Pettifer? With both playing for Coburg and a description like that, it's very hard to distinguish between the two.
Add Tivendale to the list and they could be triplettes.

Was good for Coburg - missed 2 easy shots at the Bell St end by about a foot - should have had 6 goals - most of his shots were 45 - 50 metres out. Had penty of space to lead into and was too smart for Shannon Cox & Justin Crow.

Cotchin was very clean with skills and had some great clearances - rarely went to ground. Daniel Connors flashed in and out but has an amazing leap and looks fit - Polo was good off the back flank - tends to go short options sideways but was consistent all day. Alex rance is a big unit and looks to be finding his feet

Collingwood magoos weren't much chop!

Love to see these names in the tigs soon, i reckon we got some good young players coming through here, especially cotchin.... Need to focus more on these guys than the likes of tivendale:thumbsdown:

The ****ter Club.

Bowden
Tivs
Petalz

Wat do u guys reckon we could get for these guys if we offered them as trade bait???
i know tivs is gettin on and would be lucky to get a McDonalds cheesburger for him. but seriously pettifer was alright last year, played some good games and i'm sure Fremantle would be interested at both him and bowden as they usually look around for club rejects...... ie. solomon, tarrant etc.

joel Bowden isn't as good as every1 thinks he is. Last week I had a kick to him and watched him train but I think that he is totally overated and that any1 in the Carlton squad culd pull him to shreads. His tackling isn't up 2 scratch and his marking has gotten worse this season. I think that he needs to work more on these things, but even so he isnt that great a player.

joel Bowden isn't as good as every1 thinks he is. Last week I had a kick to him and watched him train but I think that he is totally overated and that any1 in the Carlton squad culd pull him to shreads. His tackling isn't up 2 scratch and his marking has gotten worse this season. I think that he needs to work more on these things, but even so he isnt that great a player.

listen chum, I dont know how old you are so I'll take it easy, he's a decorated champion of the game AA * 2 , B&F * 2 ...nah but this little chump thinks he's no good...ok, Next:eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Bowden

Remove this Banner Ad

Back