Joel Corey

Remove this Banner Ad

catzfan

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
What would W.C trade for Joel Corey who will be 28 next yer but in best form and could play a role in W.C 'Culture Change' as a good role model and footballer. If a trade occurs I don't think W.C would have a massive advantage because I think Joel would be desperate to leave, more something he would consider. He has however been quoted as having wanted to move West.
I was thinking:
Joel Corey for Priority (18/19)
Joel Corey for Priority and Second Round
or
Joel Corey for Mitch Brown

I don't know, just asking for your opinion on what W.C may do.
Thanks

Joel Corey for Priority would suit us just fine I think! :eek: I don't think Geelong would go for that though. Probably Priority and one of our young Vic boys, McKinley maybe?!?!

As for Mitch Brown, we still wanna see more out of him, no chance of him getting traded this post season!

Whats the word on Corey? Is he holding out on contract talks?!?

He hasn't signed yet which is odd and considering that he's achieved all he can with Geelong, especially if we get P.2, and that he has told newspapers that he would like to end his playing career in Perth, I can see him moving (but who would want to move to Freo?) So logically he'd move to W.C
Priority + 3rd Round Perhaps?

I'd be happy with Corey for PP 18/19.
While the rebuilding is important, don't believe you can play all kids. I think a balance is still important and by all reports Corey is quality bloke and more than handy player.
Just my 2 cents worth but I'm not on the recruiting team..........

He's too old really, unless he will be retiring in 3 to 4 years time and that will probably be when we are right up there.
The club really needs to focus on youth now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would you consider on-trading Kerr to Richmond and letting us handle Geelong?

We seem to be masters at giving away draft picks for older players, just ask Jordan McMahon, except Kerr is actually a half decent player.

I could see a Corey-Kerr-1st round pick trade happening.

We seem to be masters at giving away draft picks for older players, just ask Jordan McMahon, except Kerr is actually a half decent player.

what so you get kerr, geelong get your first rounder and we get corey????? ARE YOU HIGH???? Kerr is in the top 5 mids in the league, and is still young, and has given no indication about intentions to leave. Corey is getting on and talent wise, is a fair way behind kerr, the rest of the geelong midfield just makes him look A grade. Kerr would be worth as much as judd because he is contracted until the end of next year and has no serious injury problems. Kerr would go for a top 5 pick plus another 1st rounder or a good player. From richmond it would be your first rounder (around 5-8), 2nd rounder and oakley nicholls and even then i doubt the eagles would agree to it.

But on to corey, he is too old. The only thing he would really be doing is mentoring the kids in the midfield, and now we have voss for that, so no dice. We don't have a chance in the next 3 years when corey would be serviceable, and i would much prefer to give the kids extended runs in the team. Would only want him in the PSD, which is very unlikely.

Tiger Glory do you really think we would take Corey for Kerr. Kerr just turned 25 and corey is 28. I also rate kerr alot higher so as you can see i dont think this trade adds up.
Your dealing with WC here, Not Freo

Too old 28years old only probably be round for another 2-3years. I would prefer to keep a draft pick and get a younger player.
I heard that Corey doesnt want to come home any way so who cares about him.

mate kerr is a legend and he wants to stay at the eagles. Kerr is way better then corey anyday, and the way our team is now corey woudnt play well with us.

mate kerr is a legend and he wants to stay at the eagles. Kerr is way better then corey anyday, and the way our team is now corey woudnt play well with us.

kerr isnt better than corey. corey is an absolute gun, racks em up, tackles and never gives up, breaks tackles because he is too big and strong and can play back or in the guts as well as being a great leader. plus he is only 27 next year. he would slot straight into the eagles midfield too, instead of all of the 179cm mids we seem to draft who arent in the mould as what is needed for a modern mid, ie corey, cross type. that what the eagles need instead of smalls who are just outsized and muscled when they play agaisnt these types

kerr isnt better than corey. corey is an absolute gun, racks em up, tackles and never gives up, breaks tackles because he is too big and strong and can play back or in the guts as well as being a great leader. plus he is only 27 next year.

I gotta admit corey is a good player but the reason why he is playing awesome footy now is because he has so many great players around him. If kerr didnt tagged every week he would be playing awesome footy, Kerr is a awesome player and in my opinion he is not just better then corey MUCH better then corey.

Kerr shits on Corey.

Priddis is the type of player you would hope turns out to be like Corey when he is 28, Corey at a younger age was just like Priddis, did not hurt the opposition enough, but as he got mature his footskills got better.

For team balance it's an excellent idea. No Braun and maybe no Wirra (who knows). We need at least one good player in that age bracket.

The problem is the cost. He's worth a young Vic who wants to go home or a second round pick but not both. And I can't see Geelong doing that unless Joel REALLY wants it to happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Corey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back