Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Irony said:
Yep i have also seen him play and played against him at national championships. He plays very much like Michael Voss, hes got great skills, is very hard at the ball and a great leader. He was highly regarded to go No.1 pick this year before getting injured and consequently dropped back a bit. Definitely a top 10 player. He is a ball winner rather than a tagger like his brothers.

He has made all australian team 4 times, and would have made it again this year if he didnt get injured before the carnival. Also has been named best player in Australia in his age group every national champioship he's been in since grade 6 (u12) victorian team!

What is the nature of his knee injury? ACL? Medial? Cartilage?

Turbocat said:
Draft Camp results will be very interesting. Thompson says he wants guys who can run and run.

Will he be right for the draft camp? You would think that our first pick will be used for the best available midfielder - although we need pace we also need players that can win clearances and Selwood sounds like he may be the best in this department. If the kid can run then he is a monty otherwise you would think that Proud (pace and skill) will be taken.

year of the cat said:
Will he be right for the draft camp? You would think that our first pick will be used for the best available midfielder - although we need pace we also need players that can win clearances and Selwood sounds like he may be the best in this department. If the kid can run then he is a monty otherwise you would think that Proud (pace and skill) will be taken.

Yeah he should be right for draft camp, i think he would have played the last 3 games and finals if they had of been in them!!1
imo he would be great at geelong, his ability to win the ball from stopages is amazing and he uses it with class, and can kick goals when released forward, very quick off the mark!!! i would love him at essendon

imo selwood is equally the best midfeilder in the draft this year with gibbs, if he had season with no interuptions i would imagine there would be different veiws on him... there is no doubt that he'll go top 10. his ability to win the ball, due to football smarts will take him a long way... it'll be great to see if in the future, there is a elder selwood playing a tagging role on a younger selwood... could happen...

Remove this Banner Ad

Joel Selwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Back