John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

The main criteria for Suns compensation is the contract size and potenitally how many years they could get out of him.

Campbell Brown got reportedly $450 for 3 years.

I'd doubt JA would get that but he has many more years then Brown.

Good call. I forgot about this point....but what would Geelong get for the bald one? He's going to be paid 2 million a year. I thought the max compensation was a single draft pick.

I still think its a ridiculous trade. Hawthorn will be laughing now. They didnt value Brown that much and now they are getting a good player in return for screwing him last year.

I just can't quite work out why they would do that.....
I assumed they were going to delist him, and we wanted him and Corrie wanted to come to us, so instead of him risking getting picked up by another club they just gave him to us. They more or less delisted him but chose his destination.

I assumed they were going to delist him, and we wanted him and Corrie wanted to come to us, so instead of him risking getting picked up by another club they just gave him to us. They more or less delisted him but chose his destination.
that was a joke mate

you missed the sarcasm completely

Good stuff though:thumbsu:

I'm in srs mood. Uni assignmenting :eek:
Will let it slide.....this time, but i'm watching you:cool:

Uni assignments the day before a massive final, what are you thinking lol

Crazy to think that just 12months ago, JA had kicked the goal that led us into a prelim right in front of me!. Now, he can't even got a look in for a senior spot and people are talking him up a tradebait. FWIW, I still rate him and would love to keep him, but, if he wants to find more opportunities elsewhere, then I hope the club can help him out. Otherwise, I hope the club doesn't go out of their way to trade him out.

I just don't think Anthony can 'slot' into the side we have currently - and are developing. Dawes has taken his forward position, and it's not worth wasting him down back with the talent he has. Don't know what to do with him personally.

Hi guys,

Just wanted to find out the situation with John Anthony. As trade period looms, I'm certain a few clubs will be interested in him.

Is he contracted beyond this season? Would the club put him on the trade table?

BTW Good luck for tomorrow night :)

Cheers

All depends whether Jack requests to move or not. If he requests to move then he is available. If not then I hope he is retained.

If Dawes went down, or CLoke, might present a conundrum. Leroy and at a pinch Rambo I guess could step into the breach.

Still, I'm sure that prospect of understudy isn't where he wants to be. If he does want a trade:

I'd look to trade Jack to Sydney for their first pick (@21).

Fraser to GC makes better sense for us and may get a late first round, if C Brown is any indication.

That would mean we get @ pick 21 (Jack>Sydney), late 20s (Fraser>GC), @25 (our 1st pick), @42 (our 2nd pick).

Like to look at Currie or maybe Hale, so might need to package something up or use a ND pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give jack a chance fellas, missed preseason with a shoulder injury and just didn't have the fitness to find form early on

he is still young and has shown he can play at the highest level, i wouldn't be giving him away anytime soon

I just don't think Anthony can 'slot' into the side we have currently - and are developing. Dawes has taken his forward position, and it's not worth wasting him down back with the talent he has. Don't know what to do with him personally.

I don't know if it is Dawes who is taking his spot up forward. I think it is Leroy Brown. Leroy has been super for us this year and is our third forward. Although Leroy plays differently to Jack, he doesn't play differently to Dawes.

I think that JAck can take Leroy's spot as a third tall up forward next year with a full pre season and some direction, or challenge for a spot down back.

It's just a shame that his contract runs out this year. I'd love him to sign for another 2 years and then to have Leroy at 30 and Jack coming through at 24 years would be terrific.

In the last 10 years has the club traded someone who didnt either ask for it - Paul Williams or Reece Shaw - or deserved it like Tarrant? Even when we were going to drop players off the list, we have tried to place them with another club.
So, in spite of all this, we're going to throw our usual way of working out the window and put him on the market. It won't happen unless he asks for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

John Anthony

Remove this Banner Ad

Back