Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Good call out. I think its a big kudos to the teams maturity now that he feels he doesn't need to be down there.
I'd be curious how much our change in the 2nd quarter was Longmire and how much was the players like against Carlton. And I mean this is a good way that Horse has instilled that in the players and doesn't need to coach as much

I'd be curious how much our change in the 2nd quarter was Longmire and how much was the players like against Carlton. And I mean this is a good way that Horse has instilled that in the players and doesn't need to coach as much

If the players are doing it then credit to him, its the work during the off season and the week.

I think a leader on the bench seems to help too, eg Mills now

If the players are doing it then credit to him, its the work during the off season and the week.

I think a leader on the bench seems to help too, eg Mills now
I'd guess he sowed the seeds at the QT break but the players carried it out with their own twists. That seems to be a great strength.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I ****ing love John Longmire, he's evolved once again. He's opened himself, the team & the club to fans & media more than previous years. He's understood the importance of connection & the club has reaped the benefits. I've never seen a sporting organisation have such a special bond with their fans. Embrace it all.

Serious question here: if we don't win the flag this year after this sort of year, does that change the perception of Horse in terms of a new contract or not? Does not performing in a solitary game offset what could be one of the great H&A seasons?

Serious question here: if we don't win the flag this year after this sort of year, does that change the perception of Horse in terms of a new contract or not? Does not performing in a solitary game offset what could be one of the great H&A seasons?

Not for me, personally. I'll be absolutely crushed like everyone else if we made another GF and lost it, but this kind of team doesn't happen without excellent coaching. I think it would be a gross change from how this club has operated for two decades now to choose to move on from Longmire when his next contract comes up if we don't win this year's flag.

Last edited:
I have been critical of Horse at times and probably too sooky really.

But one thing I have always loved and continue to love is how he is in the media and as an ambassador for the club.

Other coaches whinge as much as the fans, Horse is always humble and fair.

I have been critical of Horse at times and probably too sooky really.

But one thing I have always loved and continue to love is how he is in the media and as an ambassador for the club.

Other coaches whinge as much as the fans, Horse is always humble and fair.
Yep, always gracious and prepared to give credit, unlike Scott, for instance. Never bags anyone. Has his mantras "focus on the next game", "there's always room for improvement". But they are truisms for a reason. He needs the players focused like that but I'll bet he and the other coaches look much further out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back