Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

my theory? that he should be responsible? sure both are

Didn't say sack him over the goal kicking did i?
Coaches can control most things but once the players are on the field, ability to kick straight falls on the players.

Longmire’s own record as a player was 511 goals 298 behinds. So a decent kick. Hopefully he passes on his wisdom. Up to the players to take their chances.

Coaches can control most things but once the players are on the field, ability to kick straight falls on the players.

Longmire’s own record as a player was 511 goals 298 behinds. So a decent kick. Hopefully he passes on his wisdom. Up to the players to take their chances.

agree

I'm just saying if it doesn't improve over a long period of time it's a coaching and player issue.

Poor execution on a night, yep he can't make them correct it

I dunno how anyone with an IQ over 70 would think that Longmire and the coaches were the problem on Friday night.

I guess there is a possibility that he tells Hickey and Fox and multiple others to miss easy shots, but it seems unlikely.
anyone remember when roosy told mcveigh to go forward but whatever he was to do not to kick a goal ?

I'd like to know why Sheldrick's first few games had him lost, more or less, as a defensive forward.
That's all. Ask Horse that question.
He is a gun midfielder.
Horse is too smart for himself at times.
Probably because he was in the team to fill a role that needed filling at the time, and although not suited to that role, he was the best option we had.

I don't think Horse actually believed that Gus would become a small forward.

Just read over the posts since last Friday's game, much discussion about Robbie Fox and goalkicking.

Can I just say the game plan we set up with at the start of the game saw Geelong sliced and diced in a way that very rarely happens to them. It was great to watch as well as being extremely effective.

So well done to Don Pyke, now if only Longmire would get it right at the selection table and train the players not to miss shots at goal, we might actually get somewhere. :whistle:

Just read over the posts since last Friday's game, much discussion about Robbie Fox and goalkicking.

Can I just say the game plan we set up with at the start of the game saw Geelong sliced and diced in a way that very rarely happens to them. It was great to watch as well as being extremely effective.

So well done to Don Pyke, now if only Longmire would get it right at the selection table and train the players not to miss shots at goal, we might actually get somewhere. :whistle:
How hard can it be? Just tell the players not to miss. Simple.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old negative defensive Horse comes back when we desperately needed him to play positive & agressive...

Pick Francis in the wet.

Put Mills in defence when our midfield is getting pumped?

... Is it 2013 again? 2015? 2017?

Just like my opinion on him... time for a change. Transition him out next year. That's it. Had enpugh of the same mistakes over & over again... How hard is it to look at the conditions, the opponent, then pick accordingly? You aren't a genius picking another slow tall against a side we're already taller than in the wet Horse... Your loss.

I just want something different. We had 3 coaches in nearly 30 years. Sure, that is great. The saints have probably had 10+ in that time. But horse now has been around for 10+ years. I believe that coaches shouldn't hang around forever. I feel Regeneration needs to happen on and off the field to continue to be successful. And shake uo which could go either way.

Horse is a great coach. Our rebuild has been quick and successful and we made a grand final last year. But I have no confidence under any pressure. We just go into a shell and can't get out. Sometimes, we get lucky and win. Collingwood last year perfect example. Others we get thrashed. A couple grand finals are a great example. Other clubs would love to be in our position, but it is just tiring losing the close games over and over again. To make a grand final and lose. To see this rebuild to fail to make the finals as we can't seem to close a game out.

Eade got sacked when that happened in 2002. Horse won't but geech , what a frustrating year.

First half we took the game on through the middle. Disposals were iffy at times but it worked.

Second half rain came and our disposals and marking went to water.

Frustrating how the game slips away like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back