Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed.

I think the pertinent question to ask is why, with so many tall forward / rucks were we unable to even bring the ball to ground, let alone take a contested mark.
Probably because our talls, just like the rest of our team, are woefully out of form.

Perhaps most alarming was the fact that Ladhams, who has been away from this senior form slump and had the chance to actually find form in the VFL, was the worst of them all. He had so many good bites at the ball and just couldn't clunk any of them.

It's the story of our season really in regards to the reserves. With nearly every player we've brought in, who is supposedly "in form", rather than coming back from the reserves better than the last time we saw them at senior level, they just remind us why they were in the reserves in the first place. Warner Jr.'s performance as sub at the Gabba probably the exception here. But it must drive Horse crazy.

A few callers to SEN calling for his head , sounding like PA fans . Nothing at this stage is going to change
Port fans have much more to be disgruntled about than us. They've not made a grand final under Hinkley and have butchered several iterations/lists when they've been the best H&A side or in the top couple.

Yeah 2014 and 2022 were debacles. 2016 was heavily influenced by injury and umpiring, so while it's a GF loss, I mostly don't put that on Horse. And he has a flag.

Port are every chance to crumble again in September and the gap between Horse and Hinkley will still be significant.

Probably because our talls, just like the rest of our team, are woefully out of form.

Perhaps most alarming was the fact that Ladhams, who has been away from this senior form slump and had the chance to actually find form in the VFL, was the worst of them all. He had so many good bites at the ball and just couldn't clunk any of them.

It's the story of our season really in regards to the reserves. With nearly every player we've brought in, who is supposedly "in form", rather than coming back from the reserves better than the last time we saw them at senior level, they just remind us why they were in the reserves in the first place. Warner Jr.'s performance as sub at the Gabba probably the exception here. But it must drive Horse crazy.

the one in the first quarter where ladhams had the chance to mark uncontested on the chest in the centre square and he almost missed the ball did it for me.

A pies fan just called SEN saying that Horse is a great coach and his time is probably up in Sydney as he has no idea how to get the Swans to peak at the right time

His time was up at the end of 2022 imo good coach just fumbles in way to many big moments and games.

Name another coach that would have us in this much trouble after a 13-1 155% start

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A week is a long time in footy, I thought Horse did well in the last qtr today with his moves which changed the game into our favour. Parker in the middle and McDonald forward to name a few. He needs to be more bold with the alternative plans early on that seemed non-existent vs. Port.

A week is a long time in footy, I thought Horse did well in the last qtr today with his moves which changed the game into our favour. Parker in the middle and McDonald forward to name a few. He needs to be more bold with the alternative plans early on that seemed non-existent vs. Port.

Those 2 moves are so bloody obvious tho why wait till we were almost buried?

Those 2 moves are so bloody obvious tho why wait till we were almost buried?
Yeah, that is still a concern. He leaves changes too late, backs the side in which I get but sometimes things have to give earlier.

Playing Logan backline when he looked out of place, I understand the why behind it but the reality was he wasn't having any impact there and we couldn't take a mark i50.

Hopefully, Melican back soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach John Longmire - Part IV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back