Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo liked his game though and was shocked he was subbed.

If you ever wanted a prime example of how commentators are just absolute meathead football nuffies who have next to zero analytical ability, here is exhibit one.

Nobles turnovers directly led to 4 Dogs goals. And they were all absolutely horrible turnovers.

Love Johnny, but he had a nightmare.

Still wouldn't have subbed him over guys like Bytel and Markov who only had less turnovers because they couldn't find the footy.

Was a mistake to sub him off even though he had made some costly turnovers. He was getting the ball. Might have been handy in the end. We will never know now.

Parker who was seen to be a fresh like for like according to Fly in his presser, looked like a little boy running around with men out there.

Parker experiment is over for now for me. He’ll be a good footballer, but he needs time to catch up and develop more in the VFL first.

Noble was classic Noble last night. Easy to forget the man is a ball winner but not often a good ball user. He’s been better this year than his usual standard. Perhaps he was due for a shocker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We lost by 3 goals. He directly cost us 3 goals.
Absolutely killed us last night and our chance of top 4. We needed to win last night or next week before the bye.
He sets up many goals too. One certainty was smothered by Lobb and he hit Bobby on the **** with a tracer bullet. I would never have subbed Noble. It sends a terrible message from a coach who is urging players to take the game on and windscreen wipe their mistakes away- he suddenly does a backflip and removes a player who gives his heart and soul every time he goes on the ground and takes it on when others are playing safe. You can't have your cake and eat it. You have to take the good with the bad when you have a risk taker and an igniter like Noble.

Does his subbing send the message that he needs to slow down and take less risks? That's the last thing we want. Those two terrible handpasses were poor skill errors but how many others turned it over and won far less of the pill? How could AJ survive till the end when he hardly broke into a sweat? I worry about Fly's apparent high bar for Noble. He clearly doesn't like certain aspects of his game. HH hardly touched it and turned the pill over at least three times with terrible handpasses. No subbing. And he touched it on very few occasions.

Did you see how stuck and slow we looked in our back half in the last term? I wonder what may have contributed to that stodgy ball movement? :think:

He still did some very good things.
He definitely did.
He had to be consoled by sidey after some of his mistakes. He'll hate himself for it. But just an off night, definitely goes against how his season has panned out. But sometimes, you can be off.
But agree, he did some good things too.

How do you know?
It was stated that he had lost 12 of 13 or something similar one on one contests in his last four games before the finals. I don't know if that stat was released on SEN or by someone on this forum. Clearly, that is unacceptable and even more so in the intensity of finals. Markov's extra height and strength was an advantage Noble didn't have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back