Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Because he is not worth 13 in my eyes.

Schultz is a better player than Noble. Was over a year younger and plays a harder position. Noble is not bad but is more easily replaceable. We get either pick 20 or more likely 26 imo.

We got cover. Markov replaced him last year. Parker played a similar role with a little less dash as well. We could target a better FA like Cumming to replace him.

Agree We have been ripped off a few times. But there were reasons for all your examples. Witts was fairly unknown as a first ruck back in the day and was outside the best 22 when we had Grundy and Cox both in front of him. Treloar, Grundy, Stephenson and Phillips were on sale due to our cap issues. Ginni was told to leave after his shenanigans. I think 26 is fair value but pick 13 is ridiculous overs.

Would love it to happen but I wouldn't expect it in a million years.

It’s not that Noble is worth 13, it’s that his worth is higher due to the fact that GC have targeted him specifically and that he’s still contracted for 2 more years.

He doesn’t ask for this trade, unless GC has offered him guarantees. Like beams before him, he requested a destination, they have to over pay.

Fortunately, we hold the whip hand, we just need to be smart enough to maximize the return.

If Rioli is worth 6, we defined ask for 13 or 20 and 26. Noble, on career averages is statistically superior. While we know stars aren’t everything, it goes some way to justifying our request.

It’s not that Noble is worth 13, it’s that his worth is higher due to the fact that GC have targeted him specifically and that he’s still contracted for 2 more years.

He doesn’t ask for this trade, unless GC has offered him guarantees. Like beams before him, he requested a destination, they have to over pay.

Fortunately, we hold the whip hand, we just need to be smart enough to maximize the return.

If Rioli is worth 6, we defined ask for 13 or 20 and 26. Noble, on career averages is statistically superior. While we know stars aren’t everything, it goes some way to justifying our request.
Hope you are right and maybe with the new AFL mantra that "every slightly above average player is worth two 1st rounders" we pull it off.

He seemed to improve this year but I still worried when he had the ball in his hand. He did give a lot of run and drive though and we would miss that but he’s far from irreplaceable and I doubt we’d get an early 2nd for him. Part of the Lukosius deal maybe, he doesn’t fill me with much confidence either.
Hope JFN stays but if he goes all the best to JN.

Hope you are right and maybe with the new AFL mantra that "every slightly above average player is worth two 1st rounders" we pull it off.

So do I…. But after seeing what we paid paid for a slightly, IMO, above average player last year, I have no doubt we will get something good for JN.

Sad to see him go. Look, he is a little flawed in the disposal efficiency area and defensively he can be a liability but his run and dash coming out of the back 50 will be sorely missed.

The club would be crazy to not try and pursue Jack Lukosius in any deal involving JFN. He's definitely a long way away from being a complete package but I think he'd blossom under Mcrae.

Slide him straight into HB with maybe a long term vision of replacing him in the Hoskin-Elliott role when his time is done.

It is concerning that they didn;t see this coming.

Don’t believe everything someone says in the media when they’re trying to negotiate …

… John Noble leaving Collingwood has been discussed / speculated here on BigFooty for weeks - and if we know about it then you can be assured that the club knows about it.

I meant like dk j.n should never have been ddropped after playing every game all be it h and a. He was legit screwed out of a gf place. Where a few others were lucky.
Shame to see him go but has every right imo
It’s a difficult one because we were stuttering into the finals the last few rounds.
It was a great effort to wrestle back in all finals. Was replacing No Le with Markov the reason for the turnaround? I don’t know. But, we did win the premiership so whatever it was, it worked.

It’s a difficult one because we were stuttering into the finals the last few rounds.
It was a great effort to wrestle back in all finals. Was replacing No Le with Markov the reason for the turnaround? I don’t know. But, we did win the premiership so whatever it was, it worked.
I guess. You can't argue with the ultimate result. And a shame he leaves but happens all the time. Pick 20 26 or 34 (just) gets it done. They challenge for finals with a runner that suits the conditions and we restock some youth in a deep draft (provided we don't trade it). Win win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad to see him go. Look, he is a little flawed in the disposal efficiency area and defensively he can be a liability but his run and dash coming out of the back 50 will be sorely missed.

The club would be crazy to not try and pursue Jack Lukosius in any deal involving JFN. He's definitely a long way away from being a complete package but I think he'd blossom under Mcrae.

Slide him straight into HB with maybe a long term vision of replacing him in the Hoskin-Elliott role when his time is done.

I do agree that across the AFL it seems that most teams havent quite worked out how to maximise the impact of non-physical talls. WHE is a good template, because they play him as a runner, but then he bobs up in the air when you least expect it.

Yes they do. Haven't you read the non stop whining about what we got for Ginni, Treloar, Grundy..what we gave up for Schultz & Beams??
I'm talking club wise, not sooky supporters on here.

Treloar booted out - Didn't hurt us and helped the cap.
We wouldn't have won a flag with Grundy.
Ginni, immature.
Beams was a terrible trade i'll admit.
Schultz is his first season in a entirely different forward set up.

Majority of supporters just cry on anything any given day. Rather than get into the fundamentals of why the trades are done and how they work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back