Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

He was one of the main reasons we got going after a tardy start, kick started our season with the win against Brisbane early in the year with his run and carry
Feel so bad for him that he never got a flag, been a mainstay of our backline for much of the past 3-4 years, form slipped in a 2 month patch and Markov took his place
He improved a lot this year compared to last year. Not that he was bad last year. But he has gotten stronger this year and making better decisions.

Pick 20 or 26, he's worth it

Agreed, but after the debacles of recent years, I genuinely have no faith in our guys to get a deal like that done.

I think it is disgraceful when people do that booing anyway - I'll be furious if anyone does it to Johnny if he gets to the Suns.

Yep, his is a genuine reason, wants to be closer to family interstate and understandable.

However Ollie Henry on the other hand, he can be booed for the rest of his career for all I care. Saying he was homesick when his family was an hour down the road. Spare me.

Sad Cartoons GIF

page 1 of the trade book fly has simply read from.
He's right though. We lacked runners this year. At the pointy end, desperate for wins, with no injuries to our runners, we had Bytel and Parker on the flanks. Parker looked promising but not someone we would have wanted to rely on in a big game yet. We're going to have to recruit.

Wait!! What??
I spend my time giving it to Bloos fans and I seem to miss the real news. Noble going to GC?
I think he'll be a loss. Our run out of defense has been non-existent this season. We need to get pace off half back with a good user of the footy.
My mate wa suggesting Keane can do this bc hes fast and stronger. I havent watched him, what do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a Half backer? Yeah mate, not a hard position to find or fill. Josh Daicos can go there, Markov still there, Parker will slot there. Draft is full of those.
If you think just flankers easy position to fill not that important you're not watching modern inside outside footy.

Why do you think Melbourne and Carlton with their sensational cores don't cut it and move the ball stodgily?

Why do you think we won the flag last year with mediocre talls. Hawks the form team of the comp, destroying teams without any talls and mids who aren't that special.

We had no injured flankers late in the year and Josh did play back flank and we had Bytel on the wing and a way out of form Lipinski playing a flank in a must win game that we just lost.

How many in the draft will be ready to be solid next year?

If you think just flankers easy position to fill not that important you're not watching modern inside outside footy.

Why do you think Melbourne and Carlton with their sensational cores don't cut it and move the ball stodgily?

Why do you think we won the flag last year with mediocre talls. Hawks the form team of the comp, destroying teams without any talls and mids who aren't that special.

We had no injured flankers late in the year and Josh did play back flank and we had Bytel on the wing and a way out of form Lipinski playing a flank in a must win game that we just lost.

How many in the draft will be ready to be solid next year?
Hawks? mids aren't special? They're the number 1 clearance side in the comp...

We lost the game because we went into lock down and a team over ran us..

Markov will be ready Round 1 and there are plenty of mature age types suited for that role.

Noble came straight in after his draft, as will others.

Hawks? mids aren't special? They're the number 1 clearance side in the comp...

We lost the game because we went into lock down and a team over ran us..

Markov will be ready Round 1 and there are plenty of mature age types suited for that role.

Noble came straight in after his draft, as will others.
You're not going in for a tilt at a flag banking on Markov, or assuming you'll draft the 22 year old version of Noble who got torched in his first two final series.

I'm not that attached to Noble. But think we'll need to recruit that player type, as it was already an area of need that has just got more so. This year we were down Sidey, WHE, and an excess mid from the flanks and our ball movement went to shite. And there was no only a flanker easy alternative to sort it out and there won't be unless we add them. Just as there hasn't been for Carlton or Melbourne and their stagnant transition- and decent ones won't be free.

You're not going in for a tilt at a flag banking on Markov, or assuming you'll draft the 22 year old version of Noble who got torched in his first two final series.

I'm not that attached to Noble. But think we'll need to recruit that player type, as it was already an area of need that has just got more so. This year we were down Sidey, WHE, and an excess mid from the flanks and our ball movement went to shite. And there was no only a flanker easy alternative to sort it out and there won't be unless we add them - and decent ones won't be free.
No one is banking on Markov, he plays his role.

Our defence is very different to 2019-2020 Buckley defence where that would happen. The club as shown you that they can find talent that isn't a superstar or a big name and use them to our betterment. As they will in this case..

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back