Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Again, theres this thing by posters on here that clubs are out to get one and other in deals. To ruin each other.

Thats not the case and not how these things work. It's straight forward with both Noble and Richards.
AFL is not NRL, that's a given.

Don't ever think for one minute that a another club will not rejoice in reaming the living shit out of another club if they can get away with it.

You are giving all AFL club administrations way too much credit.

It's dog eat dog.

The "professionalism" you see onTV is a front.

The rampant competitiveness goes on "INSIDE" all the clubs, not just in the wider AFL

Clubs are seemingly very open to trading next years first into this season.

Of course those clubs they're trying to deal with aren't stupid, they know that the draft crop this season is rated highly and as so they'll be able to charge a premium.

While Noble plus our future 1st might be overs for a GC pick that'll end up being selection 13 or 14 on the night it mightn't be that far off the mark of what it'll take either.

To have any chance of getting that current pick 12 from Gold Coast for our future 1st we might have to offer up Noble at a discount like pick 35 and forgo the hopes of 20 or 26.

P.S- Brisbane are in an interesting position. They have a 1st round pick currently 15 but nothing then until current pick 53. They obviously have another Ashcroft on the way and one expected to be bid on inside the top 5. Perhaps we could offer up our future 1st and 2024 picks for points in return for their current pick 15 and a future 2nd.

Brisbane get points for Ashcroft this season and move their 1st into the future.

We move our future 1st into this season and gets points towards McGuane next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That trade would be seriously bad. Noble and next year's R1 for GC this year R1 is horrible - our next year R1 will probably be around that spot. So we'd be trading a contracted best 12-15 player away for nothing. Just no.

I think it’s time we stop giving away future first round draft picks.

Yeah I am against it because of being burnt twice now but the problem is I think this is the time to do it … IF, we are extracting a value that gives us some sort of upside and not JUST downside like the latest F1 trade.

By this I mean we need a club to be willing to bet we miss finals again and our pick will be around 6-8. And give us value representing this.

I doubt this happens though.

Pick 12 will be highly priced. Not all drafts are equal. The talk is Carlton's pick 11 is untouchable for the Houston deal
I wonder if we're after pick 12 to use it at the draft. I reckon we'll use it for a player. Mcguane next year will be a top 10 pick in a very weak draft. We'll still be able to get him

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Back