Joker Folie A Deux ( Joker 2 )

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
October 2024 release date? Holy **** why so late in the year. This has been in the works for years. The first one was a belter I'd like to watch this.

October 2024 release date? Holy * why so late in the year. This has been in the works for years. The first one was a belter I'd like to watch this.
Could be due to all the strikes in Hollywood that may have delayed production?

The cartoon start was cool but after that it went downhill fast for me. I was really bored by mid movie and I actually like musicals.

Issue was nothing really happens in the whole movie. Its either boring court scenes or they are at Arkham Asylum where Arthur is simping hard over Harley Quinn with scattered musical scenes. Then he gets the Luke Skywalker treatment where u expect him to do something cool in the movie and he does nothing and gets yeeted at the end.

Id give it a 4/10

Last edited:
It's not reviewing well at all lol

I accidentally read the ending.That will piss a lot of people off.
The reviews have been brutal.

How the f**k could they possibly have f**ked this sequel up so badly.

They had all the ingredients to make a great sequel and totally blew it.

I will be shocked if there is a 3rd movie.

The reviews have been brutal.

How the f**k could they possibly have f**ked this sequel up so badly.

They had all the ingredients to make a great sequel and totally blew it.

I will be shocked if there is a 3rd movie.

It sounds as if everything that made the first one good, they actively tried to avoid. Been reading theories that they didn't like that people related to and liked J1 so much so they overcorrected.

It looks like it's going to be a box office loss. I think a good part of that is that a lot of people learned that it was a musical. And part of the anger is for those that didn't know until they saw it, that it was largely marketed as something different.

It sounds as if everything that made the first one good, they actively tried to avoid. Been reading theories that they didn't like that people related to and liked J1 so much so they overcorrected.

It looks like it's going to be a box office loss. I think a good part of that is that a lot of people learned that it was a musical. And part of the anger is for those that didn't know until they saw it, that it was largely marketed as something different.
Its so disappointing. I enjoyed Joker and was eagerly preparing for a rewatch to be ready when Joker 2 is online.:huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll still watch it despite the negative reviews.

Absolutely ****ing insane decision to turn it into a musical though.
Same.

I was considering watching at the cinema, but with the overwhelming consensus being that it is a poor movie, I will wait till its online.

I’ve also seen it said that some people thought it was a subtitled French film because of its title lol.

The cartoon start was cool but after that it went downhill fast for me. I was really bored by mid movie and I actually like musicals.

Issue was nothing really happens in the whole movie. Its either boring court scenes or they are at Arkham Asylum where Arthur is simping hard over Harley Quinn with scattered musical scenes. Then he gets the Luke Skywalker treatment where u expect him to do something cool in the movie and he does nothing and gets yeeted at the end.

Id give it a 4/10

The opening cartoon I thought was excellent and set the tone very well regarding the shadow haunting him.

Agree it fell away quickly from there and I felt it dragged out in the opening half. Whilst I am not sure I would rate it 4/10, I did have some similar views:

yes I pondered that question a few times during the movie, “what is actually happening here?”

Just when I felt that it was delving into some key moments, some questions asked of him, key plot points needed dialogue, another musical number would start. I liked some of them, the hotel Arkham rooftop for example, however the sheer volume and frequency took me out.

The score of the first film was a masterpiece. Well deserved Oscar it received and the continued musical numbers here almost relegated at times the original score. That decision didn’t land for me.

There’s also very little to do with DC in this, even less than the first film. It’s set in Gotham City in name only really. Especially with the closing scene where it’s revealed he was never the “real” Joker. The inmate at Arkham when they showed him earlier looking angrily at Arthur, I had a feeling right then that this would be how it concludes.

There’s also some things that defies logic. Why would the guards randomly allow Lee to visit him in the isolation cell? That sex scene was just bizarre, I was almost certain it was another hallucination, however it appears it did actually happen.

The courtroom scene with Gary was brilliant though. And Joaquin Phoenix is a powerhouse of an actor, he was outstanding again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Joker Folie A Deux ( Joker 2 )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back