Remove this Banner Ad

Jinksy

Debutant
Suspended
Sep 4, 2005
Other Teams
Swans
Anyone know much about these boys?
I have a mate who is a scout (AFL) and teacher at a Nth Eastern College, that thinks these boys go 'alright'.
Anyone know much about them?
Cheetham I have heard off and read a few posts about - seems a likely type.
Unsure about the other two.

Inside word - maybe the first three picks are not as set in stone as everyone may think?
;)

Have spoken to you about these before Jinksy. I agree they go alright. Cheetham is probably going to get drafted. The other two are less likley. Will probably end up playing league or reserves for their respective clubs.

Both have workable talent and could develop into something a bit special, given time. Reality is AFL drafting is a cut-throat industry and although the opinion of one or two scouts is that these 2 lads (sparnon and obushak) can play, little will come from them unless a club wants to take a big-punt, which if is ever going to occur it will be this year. Safest move would be to take somone who has proved themselves at the U/18 champs/reserves footy level, and due to school commitments, those two don't sit in this boat.

Maybe rookie lists to give them time??? still a long shot.

With the top three picks, we know anything could happen. Draft day is an exciting time. Murphy is undoubtedly the best mid fielder in the draft and will slot into AFL football next year. Hurn is also ready, ellis a bit longer might be needed.

As stated in another forum i imagine the top 6 to go as follows.
1. Murphy - enuf said.
2. Ellis - Pies safest bet from here. Is what they need.
3. Hurn - clarkson to take the centrals lad. If he doesn' take him here, we wont et a second chance at six whereas the chance of a good tall is still around at 6
4. Kennedy - IMO safest pick at a KPP outisde of ryder. Kennedy will fit better into carltons framewo
5. Jones - Collingwood are white hot on this bloke. Why take ryder here when jones won't last to the next pies pick and you have the likes of T cloke coming through the ranks??
6. Ryder - Would be stupid to pass on him at this stage. Next Adam Goodes. Besides clarke and maybe mcentee, i see there to be a bit of a drop in the "talls" true quality.

PS: Jinksy, more info available on the three mentioned in the title to thread. Just drop an e-mail. Can't speak here..........

Jinksy is a girls name!

I've seen all three of em, sparnons got a bighead and wouldnt fit into the ground if he got drafted, woodhams quick but not enough mungrell and obushak is the package except for build, but that can be worked on. If i had a say i'd take obushak in a heart beat and maybe groom the other two via private training. that or tell em where to go!

once again jinksy is a girls name. but so is troy! :D

DaveT said:
Jinksy is a girls name!

I've seen all three of em, sparnons got a bighead and wouldnt fit into the ground if he got drafted, woodhams quick but not enough mungrell and obushak is the package except for build, but that can be worked on. If i had a say i'd take obushak in a heart beat and maybe groom the other two via private training. that or tell em where to go!

Ha, thats so funny i forgot to laugh.

Sparnon doesnt have a bighead, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Sparnon, AFL??? Maybe if it stood for Amaterur Football League, he might stand a chance, but would still be lucky to even make that. This kid is nothing special and deff will not play ressies or league footy for north!

• Banned
DaveT said:
Jinksy is a girls name!

Actually Jinksy is a girls name.
My cats name is Jinksy. AND she is female.
Agreed...Troy is a girls name.

• Banned
DaveT - THE EXPERT on all Football.
Sounds like a wanchor to me.

MJ has cred...Meh has cred...but DaveT...P.O.Q :mad:

Couldnt be a true north supporter. Sounds like a dumb arse Bays, Port or Centrals jerk here to cause trouble!

bingobob14 said:
Sparnon, AFL??? Maybe if it stood for Amaterur Football League, he might stand a chance, but would still be lucky to even make that. This kid is nothing special and deff will not play ressies or league footy for north!

Another who KNOWS it all.
I will put ANY MONEY YOU LIKE BangoBilby, that Sparnon plays at least Reserves, on my source, whom i trust 100%!

It takes no courage to come on here and just sniper!

You are another class act!

Jinksy said:
Another who KNOWS it all.
I will put ANY MONEY YOU LIKE BangoBilby, that Sparnon plays at least Reserves, on my source, whom i trust 100%!

It takes no courage to come on here and just sniper!

You are another class act!

Oi Jinksy Sminksy!! YOU my friend, think you know it all. When did you last play football? 1960? Or was that 1950? My reliable source, whom I trust 100% says you are a big mouth that knows nothing and back in the day of 1960, u were waterboy for your college 2nds. Is this true?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well done jack you've figured out how to use the computer...... good work!

matbe you've done your hw as well from what I see. But the only reason woodhams won't play afl, sanfl or other is becoz he is persuing his career in running. Watch out for him on the athletic circuit.

Actually Dave I did play footy for my school and for a league club. Yes it was in the 90's but that isnt that long ago.
I would put any money on my source knowing more about footy than yours. He is a scout. MJ knows that I am telling no lies here.

Alberton_Magpie said:
Hello Gleeson!

That collingwood Teacher is gay

As for bretts big head i always thought trent's was bigger than brett's

As for the footy

Woodhams-No where near AFL
Cheetham-AFL
Sparnon-SANFL
Ryan Roberts-SANFL (I predict a magery or 2)

I predict spelling lessons for you young Albert

jinksy i know your source better than you think..... ask the short man next time you see him, k. :p

yeah he has told me to shut up...but then he said he was joining bigfooty in the same breath! he has always been a smart arse.

how you know macca Dave?

you must be a student of his? yes?

Sparnon is extremely average, he couldnt even make the North under 19s side this year. So to go from not being able to get a gig in the 19s to playing league or even ressies, hed want to improve 110% to even be considered a chance.

Whoever your "source" is that says he'll play ressies, mustve got him mixed up with someon else, he doesnt stand a chance, ask any north 17s or 19s player, theyll tell u the same.

i agree that cheetham will get drafted....heard probably sumwhere in the top 20...but with sparnon....he has work ethic but his shoulder is rooted. Obushak has the heart of a lion, he could go far but he needs to keep down his spot at centrals first.

agreed, all sound correct to me,

I know a short jockey bloke that goes for collingwood but I aint a student, not anymore anyway.

Jon is the best the other 2 are just over rated. Mark is pretty good 2 ........

Go Petrie you will forever be the only captain of the Mighty Bloods!!!!!

McleanTheGun said:
Jon is the best the other 2 are just over rated. Mark is pretty good 2 ........

Go Petrie you will forever be the only captain of the Mighty Bloods!!!!!

And all three are a country mile better than the shonky seagull of a full forward. There were two captains all year. i saw that from the sidelines. I thought you may have had a better idea from the goalsquare or did u miss that game through school suspension????

how the ****** would u know ya ********** loser!!!!!

how the ****** could a seagull kick 68 goals in a season at an average of over 5???
if this is brett your a ********** ********a and why dont u go ****** yourself and then step in front of a bus and die life would be so much better. if your still ********ed that u didnt win best and fairest in year 10 get over it your ********! i have 2 more b and f's than u will ever have, keep trying at north your gona get no where k ****** u!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Cheetham, Mark Obeshak and Bret Sparnon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back