Jonathon Hay Re-Signs

• Thread starter Fall Out Boy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury has really hurt his stocks, but i think nearly every club (aside from perhaps Brisbane and Geelong) would jump at the chance to get such a quality FB/CHB.

Another good Hawthorn player, whose career is being ruined by injuries.

Still young enough to turn it around, unlike some others who have been destroyed.

Happy to keep him because class full backs are hard to find, but I hope we're not paying him too much given his injury record.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Injury has really hurt his stocks, but i think nearly every club (aside from perhaps Brisbane and Geelong) would jump at the chance to get such a quality FB/CHB.

True but with his history of injuries he would come at a price that few clubs would be prepared to pay.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Well who are the eagles going to target now.....

If anyone was to do a search with the words Jonathon Hay and sabre_ac, there must be over 100 matches. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by sainter
If anyone was to do a search with the words Jonathon Hay and sabre_ac, there must be over 100 matches. :p

Ah Sainter ive missed you.
You will also notice that the hay and sabre_ac matches stop around the time a one McPharlin joined the club.

Originally posted by sabre_ac
Ah Sainter ive missed you.
You will also notice that the hay and sabre_ac matches stop around the time a one McPharlin joined the club.

I'm around. Been a bit quieter much like yourself. Just haven't been required to defend my club or coach as much as I needed too 3 years ago. Funny how things change.

I did notice a lot of we've got a better spine than St Kilda messages as well which I'm happy to disagree with but it's refreshing to see our clubs amongst the better teams in the league these days.

If Hawthorn want to get better again, they need to get rid of.

Barker
Holland
Thompson
Hay
Dixon

And a few others.

The first 4 are injury prone and I don't know why Hawthorn are wasting their $$$$$ on them. If Hawthorn want to be a force again, they need to draft young key position players and trade for them and get rid of these injury prone players and rebuild that way. They're never going to be good again if they hold onto these players.

Originally posted by SpecialBruce
If Hawthorn want to get better again, they need to get rid of.

Barker
Holland
Thompson
Hay
Dixon

And a few others.

Easier said than done when the majority of these guys have years left on deals, which are backended.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
Easier said than done when the majority of these guys have years left on deals, which are backended.

Then get rid of the administration who gave these geezers those ridiculous pay/yearly contract increases.
That Nick Holland deal esp is laughable and I feel very sorry for Hawk fans who have to put up with the $hit going down there thanks to the stupidity of some bozo's sitting on his arse drinking chardannay and not knowing the x's and o's of contract negotiations.

Whilst slightly different, Carlton do have their own injury prone player on megabucks, and with a backended deal.

They should do what carlton are doing: Clear out nearly everyone, trade those 5 listed players before for some fairly high picks, except maybe give Thompson another year, and concede a couple of years in the bottom end of the ladder. 2-3 years of priority picks plus trading for early picks = very good side

Originally posted by scarecrow2k1
They should do what carlton are doing: Clear out nearly everyone, trade those 5 listed players before for some fairly high picks, except maybe give Thompson another year, and concede a couple of years in the bottom end of the ladder. 2-3 years of priority picks plus trading for early picks = very good side

Correct. That's the only way they'll get out of this **** they're in.

Which brings me to my next point, Terry Wallace should be there next year. He'll fix them up.

Originally posted by scarecrow2k1
trade those 5 listed players before for some fairly high picks,

Tell me, who is going to take a broken down Nick Holland, and the last year of his backended contract worth up to $750,000 next season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jonathon Hay Re-Signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back