Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

There isn’t a metric that everyone will unanimously agree with to measure the value of players.

Ultimately if a club like Hawthorn want to spend the best part of $1m on Battle - good not great player. He isn’t a match winner.

So be it.

It will eventually start biting clubs in the ass and start slowing down in a few years when the caps start tightening up for each club
Salary Cap is getting bigger. I don't think you get it mate.
There will be more 'Battle like' free agency contracts year after year

Why are Freo fans getting mad? It's not like any of their trades will be affected.
Depends....

Eagles fans have complained last 2 years having their 2nd rounder pushed back to pick 25 or even 30.

Before this Josh battle compo pick, dockers 3 picks in the 1st round was pick 9 , pick 10 (from magpies) and pick 16 (from Port).

So those picks are pushed back by 1. And make them worth slightly less points wise

Remember when saints got Brad Crouch from the crows as a free agent?

Crows demanded a top 5 pick as compo. We know how that was dragged out and ended up

Crouch was a RFA and Adelaide chose to not match. Our offer wasn't enough for band 1. If they'd attempted to match at the time it might have forced us to offer more and trigger band 1. But they didn't so they got what they got. Different scenario to Battle.

Crouch was a RFA and Adelaide chose to not match. Our offer wasn't enough for band 1. If they'd attempted to match at the time it might have forced us to offer more and trigger band 1. But they didn't so they got what they got. Different scenario to Battle.
I agree. Depends on the situation.

Crows would of taken a risk had the crows matched the saints offer. Would of meant the saints would have to do a trade.

No way would the saints found a way to offer a pick 10 or 15 or a Future 1st.

I could understand the crows situation with Patrick Dangerfield. Cats were bloody lucky as it was 2015. Had Dangerfield been a free agent 1 year later, crows would demand a couple of 1st round picks.

Well... Your team could of followed North Melbourne path of 2020- 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed Josh Battle [to Hawthorn as UFA]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back