Unrestricted Free Agent Josh Battle [UFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

With Saints now guaranteed Band 1 compo if he leaves I'd almost pull the offer if I was the Saints like the kangas did with McKay.

Battle is a good solid player but the position the Saints are in I'd bet on pick 5 rather than Battle.
Think you’re on the money.

Battle - Band 1

Tells you all you need to know about the farce that is the AFL trading and drafting system. It's even got Ned Guy as a key figure and we all know he was a farce himself at the Pies!
For all the talk about Academies and F/S picks it's crazy that no-one's mentioning the impact that compo picks are having on the first round. It feels a much easier situation to resolve too (just protect the first round from compensation picks for Free Agency ala the NFL).

For all the talk about Academies and F/S picks it's crazy that no-one's mentioning the impact that compo picks are having on the first round. It feels a much easier situation to resolve too (just protect the first round from compensation picks for Free Agency ala the NFL).
A Sydney supporter crying about the impact of compo pick 😂

Your best players have all come from the advantage that only you have had access to them 😂

Like the NFL compensation picks should be at the end of round, no one would've care if McKay left the roos last year and they were given pick 19.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then all academies have to be in the same position. Don't touch the first round, 18 picks only.

With Saints now guaranteed Band 1 compo if he leaves I'd almost pull the offer if I was the Saints like the kangas did with McKay.

Battle is a good solid player but the position the Saints are in I'd bet on pick 5 rather than Battle.
So someone is offering top 5% earners for a "good solid" player at $800-850K before the CBA increase or $950-$1M after the CBA increase?????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back