Josh Caddy. 2010 - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

He is clearly a good public speaker but not convinced that he wasn't simply saying what the club wanted to hear!!!

Sounded far more genuine in the actual interview than he did in the article, but you're right.

We can only wait it out I suppose!

He is clearly a good public speaker but not convinced that he wasn't simply saying what the club wanted to hear!!!

At 19, I dont know how you actually fake, or lie like that in front of the press?

Seems genuine, and I think people's perception are warped from big footy banter, and media articles skewing the actual truth and creating controversy.

I honestly didn't think it came off too well for your lot.

"If I think of wanting to go home all the time it'll affect my footy so I'm going in with a mindset of this is where I'm at and hopefully be here forever."

It seems he is trying to talk himself in to playing out this year with the Gold Coast, rather than genuinely wanting to.

I honestly didn't think it came off too well for your lot.

It seems he is trying to talk himself in to playing out this year with the Gold Coast, rather than genuinely wanting to.

I guess its all in what you want to take out of it, to me him saying "hopefullly be here forever" is a clear indication that he has settled on the coast. Time will tell, if he plays most games I am sure he will stay, if he has another injury riddled year then the pull to go back to the grey skys and 9 month long winters may be too strong.

Either way its up to Josh. But I hope he stays as we are biulding a very special team that will have (in my opinion) far more success over his career than if he was to go to Essendon. I also think with the bad press he received would mean that he would have to be open to offers from all Vic clubs so the asking price would be high in a sellers market.

Seems like wishful thinking from both sides in this debate. If you're reading this Josh, it is too damned hot in Melbourne. Stay on the Gold Coast. :cool:

Most exiciting thing Josh Caddy related is he has shortened in the Rising Star award on Sportsbet to now $14 which is the 6th Favourite.

Kane Lucas (Carl)

Stephen Coniglio (GWS)

John Butcher ( Port)

Mitchell Wallis (WB)

Jeremy Cameron (GWS)

Josh Caddy (GC)

Billie Smedts (Geel)

Dylan Shiel (GWS)

Chad Wingard (Port)

Tom Mitchell (Syd)

I recieved my Rise up mag from the club yesterday and was reading the player profiles, I found Josh's comments very interesting

Q, whats the most valuble advice you have been given
A, never forget where you came from

Q, What do you like about going home
A, being close to my family

Q, who did you support as a kid
A, Kangas

The above is not word for word but from memory. but it seems his thoughts still dwell on home, the good news is that as a kangas boy maybe we can get them into discussions if it gets to that point.

I can’t wait

Gold Coast SUNS midfielder Josh Caddy has told goldcoastfc.com.au that he “can’t wait” for next Saturday’s season opener against the Adelaide Crows.

The tough midfielder, who had a horror run with injury in his first season after groin surgery and a stress fracture in his foot, finally made his debut against Melbourne at the MCG in round 23 is keen to put season 2011 behind him.

“I can’t wait for next Saturday”

“I’m really looking forward to getting out there and just playing footy. Last year was really frustrating and that’s why I just want to get back out on the field and play.”

Caddy said he expects the side to continue to improve in 2012.

“In 2011, we played on average 60 minutes of footy, in 2012 the coaches are challenging us to continue to improve and raise that to 90 plus minutes per game, that growth should see us challenging teams more often.”

“All we need to concentrate on is continuing to improve, if we achieve that, the rest will take care of itself.”

A week after his promising debut, Caddy took to the field at Metricon Stadium for the first time, shining with 16 disposals and two goals.

“Metricon Stadium is a great ground, our fans are so close and it was an amazing atmosphere that day, unfortunately for me I also know how great it is to watch games at Metricon as I was in the stands injured for our games last year”

Ahead of the Round 1 encounter, Caddy paid tribute to the support of GC SUNS fans.

“All the players appreciate the support we received from our members in 2011 and can’t wait to see all our members together in the stands in 2012.”

Caddy and his teammates will enjoy a three-day break before returning to training on Monday to prepare for the match against the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad he is becoming a lot more involved in the media the last couple weeks. Hope he strings together half a dozen good quality games and settles in to life on the gold coast and resigns.

Will be getting the #28 this year, probably purchase sometime during next week to wear at the game. Say gday if you see me :D

I know I'll get carded for this and I am aware that no one will believe me. However. I Can assure you with 110% confidence (source: rediculuously close to Essendon) that Josh has absolutely no intention of remaining a Sun after this year and will once again be requesting a trade to the Bombers.

Now the person that told me this also stated that he thinks it will be next to impossible to please the suns in a trade considering we will be taking Joe Daniher and that we have a large list of not for trade players.

I asked him what would happen if we can't do a deal and he said he imagines unfortunately that Josh will walk or force a trade to another Victorian team.

Also said if he walked he would do a Luke Ball and basically no show other clubs besides Essendon and that if another interstate team was silly enough to draft him then he would again be requesting a trade from there.

110% confidence? Are you Josh? Wouldnt over a 100% confidence actually be him, or him publicly coming out?

Name your source, or at least job title at EFC of this so called person to put it in perspective.

Personally I dont mind the discussion, and I didnt mind it last year. I would be extremely dissapointed if he did go, as I've said previously I rate him super high and have him just behind David Swallow at our club, in terms of youngsters ranked.

110% confidence? Are you Josh? Wouldnt over a 100% confidence actually be him, or him publicly coming out?

Name your source, or at least job title at EFC of this so called person to put it in perspective.

Personally I dont mind the discussion, and I didnt mind it last year. I would be extremely dissapointed if he did go, as I've said previously I rate him super high and have him just behind David Swallow at our club, in terms of youngsters ranked.

Obviously I am not going to name my source as if I did he would no longer tell me anything. Lets just say he has been absolutely spot on about a lot of events that have occured at Essendon ages and ages before they became public knowledge. Who said he works for the club anyway he might be a very influential Coterie group member who has been associated with the club in many capacities for decades.

Essendon had Caddy just behind Heppell as the players we wanted and while it frustrates me and whilst I maintain our previous offer was fair I most certainly understand why your club said nope he is an absolutely special talent and as I said getting him to Essendon is next to impossible. However both the bombers and Caddy are going to try to make it happen.

Obviously I am not going to name my source as if I did he would no longer tell me anything. Lets just say he has been absolutely spot on about a lot of events that have occured at Essendon ages and ages before they became public knowledge. Who said he works for the club anyway he might be a very influential Coterie group member who has been associated with the club in many capacities for decades.

Essendon had Caddy just behind Heppell as the players we wanted and while it frustrates me and whilst I maintain our previous offer was fair I most certainly understand why your club said nope he is an absolutely special talent and as I said getting him to Essendon is next to impossible. However both the bombers and Caddy are going to try to make it happen.

Fair enough, cheers for the input.

No doubt will be another roller coaster ride towards the end of the year and trade week as usual. With a lot of clubs circling on the young talent at GC and GWS.

2011 was a tough year for Caddy. With a solid 2012 season with plenty of game time, I reckon there's a greater chance he'll stay. Don't really care much for your so called source at this point in time, Hobgoblin. At the end of the year, that situation could play out. But don't come here saying he's 110% to go before he's even played a game this year. Give it some time haha.

I won't card someone for saying something that isn't a cardable offence.

But let's not return to the 'will-he' or 'won't-he' until at least the season ends, please. I believe the Essendon board has a thread on it. Post there about it if you want.

Back to the topic. It will be good to see Cads play more games for sure. He's a great addition to the team! Look far stronger with him in.

SUNS to rebound against Saints says Caddy.

GUN youngster Josh Caddy says fixing the side’s concentration from the opening bounce is the key to an improved performance against St Kilda on Sunday.

The SUNS were disappointed with their efforts in the season opener against the NAB Cup champion Crows and have hit the training track with a determination to make amends.

"The best thing about footy is there is always next week,'' Caddy said.

"We just can't wait to get into training and get ready for St Kilda so we can redeem ourselves.''

After reviewing Saturday's 69 point loss to Adelaide the SUNS have identified that 36 minutes of poor play cost them.

The Crows won the first nine centre clearances to charge to a five goal lead and from there it was always going to be a tough ask for the young SUNS side to bridge the gap.

Caddy said the midfield group realized they could not afford to give quality sides like the Crows a head-start.

"We were pretty confident going into the game that we were going to have a good day, but they just got off to a really good start which we shouldn't have let happen,'' he said.

"They came to play and we didn't really in the first twenty minutes.

"We just have to fix up our concentration from the start.

"Take away that first twenty minutes and I guess the last ten minutes of the game and we probably matched it with them for the rest of the game.

"I guess we gave them 36 minutes of easy footy were they kicked ten goals, that makes it really hard."

Caddy showed flashes of the skills that convinced the Suns to select him with pick No. 7 in the 2010 AFL national draft.

He took a strong mark, kicked a goal and eight of his 16 possessions were contested but he said he thought there was definitely room for improvement.

"I thought I went ok in patches but I’m not overly happy,’’ he said.

"You want to be playing footy, I missed a lot last year, so to play from round one was always my aim.''

His debut season was ruined by groin and ankle injuries but he finally made his debut in Rd 23 and then shone with a two goal effort in the final game of the season.

Re: Matty Warnock

Was that trade actually going to happen? I think it was just rumours that got accepted as fact. I can't actually find anything official except for some vague comments in some journo articles.

Anyway, Hooker has certainly been in terrific form playing the CHB role at the Dons. I actually think he's gone very under the radar. Probably one of the better CHB's around right now.

But we got what we got. Very happy with Warnock, who is doing the job we got him for. He'll never be in our premiership side I don't think, but he's giving our young defenders time to develop. Some of those youngsters have really come on. Not sure if Warnock will be needed from mid 2013 onwards.

Sunny, I am certain that Hooker and #19 were offered and accepted by McKenna. Scott Clayton scuttled the deal, he was not prepared to trade Caddy.

Caddy has played every game so obviously the Suns are backing themselves to retain him but if he does move it will be interesting to see what the asking price is. Haven't heard anything on this for a while but prior to the season, I know he was still very keen to get to Essendon, how that is orchestrated remains to be seen.

You guys got any mail on Caddy will he re-sign soon or is he still odds on to move?

Sunny, I am certain that Hooker and #19 were offered and accepted by McKenna. Scott Clayton scuttled the deal, he was not prepared to trade Caddy.

Caddy has played every game so obviously the Suns are backing themselves to retain him but if he does move it will be interesting to see what the asking price is. Haven't heard anything on this for a while but prior to the season, I know he was still very keen to get to Essendon, how that is orchestrated remains to be seen.

You guys got any mail on Caddy will he re-sign soon or is he still odds on to move?

Mate your talking up how you know what, Bluey, Clayton and the EFC were all thinking regarding the Caddy situation, if you know so much you tell us if he's staying.

Caddy is the flavour of the week it seems, so done some digging on his comparison this year so far. This is against other Rising Star candidates for 2012.

Ranked #2 in Inside 50's (1st is Motlop from Geelong)
Ranked #3 in Disposals (1st Greene GWS, 2nd Golby from Bris)
Ranked #6 in Goals (Cameron, Motlop, Butcher, Day, Polec ahead of him)
Ranked #7 in Tackles
Ranked #8 in Marks

Tracking well, would like to see a breakout game, but I think is a pretty good consistent young developing player. Holding his own starting in the midfield, and will hold him in good stead when the group starts hitting their straps over the next year or more.

With Swallow, and O'Meara to come in. We have an amazing upcoming onball brigade and good mix of inside and out midfielders. Probably Caddy and Swallow doing the grunt work, and O'Meara and Bennell receiving and driving forward. It's a mouthwatering watching these guns develop in front of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back