Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

serious question?

It was always just that is was easier and more predictable to read the play and anticipate it, as it unfolded in front of you. Rather than having to turn before heading towards your own goal. The other aspect was that your man would often lead you to the ball/play as well.

What I noticed today is that he has a habit of pulling down marks with one hand. You've got two hands kid, use them lol

Yeah that doesn’t tend to work when you have to overcome any sort of physical contact!

He’s definitely playing forward as per todays session

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we actually have a KPF

Oh My God Reaction GIF

It was always just that is was easier and more predictable to read the play and anticipate it, as it unfolded in front of you. Rather than having to turn before heading towards your own goal. The other aspect was that your man would often lead you to the ball/play as well.

Yeh I couldn't believe it was a question. Half back is the easiest spot on the ground.

Yeah that doesn’t tend to work when you have to overcome any sort of physical contact!

Just in a drill. He used both hands in match sim.

Last edited:
I'd be playing him back so he can get into things. Is not going to play unless super desperate for a few weeks anyway and then once he settles give him time up forward.
Agree. Eyre also played forward a fair bit in his final with the bombers where he didn’t do much.

Looks coordinated and a smooth mover. Although also looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Should see his left foot

But yeah needs to put some meat on those bones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assume it was just heavily managed minutes on return today?
Yup. They put him on very restricted minutes which was always the plan for his first game. Didnt even play the last Q.
But competed strongly in the air early. He should be better for the run and his confidence in getting through some game time.

Today at Casey, you can see he has some overhead skills. And has good athleticism. He was up against a good defender in Tomlinson today. But with more experience up forward, I think we could have found one.

Today at Casey, you can see he has some overhead skills. And has good athleticism. He was up against a good defender in Tomlinson today. But with more experience up forward, I think we could have found one.

Also the Ball just about never went to him

Eyre probably take a Few Games to get back to speed of the Game

Looks coordinated and a smooth mover. Although also looks like a stiff breeze could knock him over.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You must be looking at the wrong bloke! He isn't the hulk but he's got a bit of muscle on his 200cm frame and I sadly have to guess his weight in an elite professional sporting competition because.....? I'd say around 95 kg. I wouldn't want to run into him.

Charlie Dean. I understand he isn't our Key back, and more of a third ma up, but our tall backs aren't settled ATM so I think they are currently both in the conversation
I think Dean will come in for Noble.

Probably comes in this week to play against Geelong, to free up Frampton or Moore to play ruck, and give us some coverage to be able to go forward if needed given Miho has gone down.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Josh Eyre

Remove this Banner Ad

Back