Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

In the category of Players I'm Glad Some Other Club Drafted, he's one of the better ones.

Is having a fine season, being injury free for the first time in a few seasons has definately helped.

Best pick up of the year for the DreamTeam league.

itsintheblood said:
He's a better forward than he is a ruckman. I'd have sandilands, cox, simmonds, hille, darcy, biglands, lade, white, way ahead of him.

I'd have to disagree. I think he's a VERY handy ruckman. Not saying he's the best in the league, but very good nonetheless. Don't forget that he has been our lone ruckman all your with VERY little support and still managed to hold his own.
And the fact that he can go forward, take a grab, get the crumbs and kick a goal makes him very very valuable.
Not many ruckmen at the moment that can do that.

Spiz said:
I'd have to disagree. I think he's a VERY handy ruckman. Not saying he's the best in the league, but very good nonetheless. Don't forget that he has been our lone ruckman all your with VERY little support and still managed to hold his own.
And the fact that he can go forward, take a grab, get the crumbs and kick a goal makes him very very valuable.
Not many ruckmen at the moment that can do that.

You're entitled to disagree because you're a collingwood supporter however, fraser is not an ideal ruckman. Still undersized after all these years and lack of support means he tires very quickly.

Fraz is not a great hithout ruckman, but he can out run most other ruckmans which im starting to like more and more everyweek, can also take a grab up forward

shags said:
Is having a fine season, being injury free for the first time in a few seasons has definately helped.

Best pick up of the year for the DreamTeam league.

He does everything aside from actual ruck work extremely well. Fraser is virtually another midfielder for us, and a handy forward too-thats gotta be worth a lot of points for you.

He's no longer an emabrrasment in the ruck, and if he has a less than A grade opponent he can humiliate them with his skill and brains. He's probably the best player playing ruck ATM, but no way is he the best ruckman.

itsintheblood said:
You're entitled to disagree because you're a collingwood supporter however, fraser is not an ideal ruckman. Still undersized after all these years and lack of support means he tires very quickly.

Yeah like when he towelled up Seaby and Cox that time, or when he outran Brogan and Mead, or the way he's been in our best for pretty much the entire time Richards has been out injured.:rolleyes:

itsintheblood said:

Definitely undersized, but still only 23 or 24. Most ruckmen don't peak til about 27-28. HOWEVER...he is in BIG danger of burning out. We desperatley need another ruckman to back him up otherwise his body will give up on him before too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

itsintheblood said:
He's a better forward than he is a ruckman. I'd have sandilands, cox, simmonds, hille, darcy, biglands, lade, white, way ahead of him.

He's better than Hille Biglands and Sandilands, and equal to White around the ground. Darcy hasnt played for two years and is GAWN. Only Cox Simmonds and Lade are clearly better than him, imo.

Timmy from Thomastown said:
He's better than Hille Biglands and Sandilands, and equal to White around the ground. Darcy hasnt played for two years and is GAWN. Only Cox Simmonds and Lade are clearly better than him, imo.

You have proven once and for all how much of a dead sh*t you are...

Just a little bit better than David Hale, and nearly three years older with 70 more games under his belt playing a much better footy side.

He is not a ruckman. He does OK, considering he is always played out of position, and even wins the taps some days because he is a class player, but he is not a ruckman. Fraser is a natural-born ruck-rover - winger - forward - utility in the same mould as James Hird and Adam Goodes. Put a proper ruckman in the side and Fraser, with his size, pace, cat-like reflexes, and ball sense would make an excellent ruck-rover, very hard to match up on. In the ruck, he's largely wasted.

I would love to see him play as a midfield type, his ruck work is getting better each year tho. He works really hard around the ground, he averages 17 possies a game and almost 8 marks which is right up there for a ruckmen.

itsintheblood said:
Definately not worthy of no1 pick that's for sure. Top 10 yes but not 1 or even 2,3.
If you look at the top 10, hell even top 20 drafted in 1999, the only player who is a clear standout is Pav.

I couldn't be bothered looking after the top 20, but Fraser would probably be ahead of Corey and Green.
Not saying he is a worthy #1 pick, but the top 20 of that draft produced little quality.

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Fraser

Remove this Banner Ad

Back