**** Josh Schache is bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Lions did well from this trade

Out- Josh Schache
In - Zac Bailey

I’m so glad we don’t have to hear a mention of his name again.. what the **** my club saw in him to waste pick 2 on him is beyond me 😂
Still a good chance Norf pick him up

Still a good chance Norf pick him up

That's worse than delisting. He may be a spud and all, but does the poor bloke really deserve that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m so glad we don’t have to hear a mention of his name again.. what the **** my club saw in him to waste pick 2 on him is beyond me 😂

I used to know a close relative of his.

The kid had a pretty rough childhood/teen years (the premature death of his father didn't help, and he also had other personal set backs/knocks in his life right before and after he was drafted.

Easy to say he is a bust/not any good, but there were legit and valid reaches I firmly believe Schache didn't realise his potential (and yes he was the stand-out number 2 pick in the country at the time)

I really was hoping he could be a regular/useful player for The Dogs (he did play a few decent games for them and showed glimpses of maybe being a regular best 22 player) but alas, he has faced a lot of adversity in his life, and people would be more empathic towards him if they knew all Josh as faced in his young life.

I used to know a close relative of his.

The kid had a pretty rough childhood/teen years (the premature death of his father didn't help, and he also had other personal set backs/knocks in his life right before and after he was drafted.

Easy to say he is a bust/not any good, but there were legit and valid reaches I firmly believe Schache didn't realise his potential (and yes he was the stand-out number 2 pick in the country at the time)

I really was hoping he could be a regular/useful player for The Dogs (he did play a few decent games for them and showed glimpses of maybe being a regular best 22 player) but alas, he has faced a lot of adversity in his life, and people would be more empathic towards him if they
That’s a fair point, unfortunately I don’t really like commentating on players personal lives, so I can only go by what I see on the field.

That’s a fair point, unfortunately I don’t really like commentating on players personal lives, so I can only go by what I see on the field.

Fair call, and it wasn't my intention to try guilt you into your post (which was fair enough in all respects, esp based on your knowledge or lack thereof of Josh's situation)

Unfortunately in today's social media world, a lot of flogs don't care about the players and their feelings and or mental state, and think it's okay to abuse and degrade them personally (Instagram and Twitter being the main offenders)

But what happened to Josh in his own personal life I felt did really affect his development as a player (btw I know for a fact his family acknowledged and appreciated how The Lions treated him, ye just had to go back to Vic for personal reasons)

I have been guilty as any footy fan here and elsewhere of not taking players mental health and well being for granted (I would never sink as low as personally personally abuse any of them on their twitter/insta or Facebook accounts)

I honestly would love Carlton to take a punt on The Shack, even as a rookie list player (could be a valuable back up to Weiters down back, esp as Marchbank will retire)

Schache Unfortunately through circumstances beyond his control, wasn't really able to have the career he would have liked to have, and imo doesn't deserve the slander coming his way in this thread and others.

I love that there were so many talls in the top end of his draft and we were the only club to get the good ones

Could’ve ended up with:
Schache
Francis
Weideman

Instead of:
Weitering
McKay
Curnow

LOL

I love that there were so many talls in the top end of his draft and we were the only club to get the good ones

Could’ve ended up with:
Schache
Francis
Weideman

Instead of:
Weitering
McKay
Curnow

LOL
Finals wins

Schache 3
Weitering 2