• Carlton

Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I was really hoping you would type it out all over again. You seem to really enjoy that. Or maybe post that pic of Josh Schache again! That would be awesome and let’s face it’ we’re unlikely to see him in Brisbane colours again unless they’re also worn by Seymour footy club.
Pretty sure Seymour are Seymour Lions, well they use to be, just saying.

This.

If it was just normal homesickness, Vic clubs would be falling over themselves to get him.

Clearly there is more to it.

Are you saying you are out of the loop ? I think you need to get on inside word mate, PM me ;)

On what planet does a ‘fair and equal trade’ discourage clubs from making an offer on a player that they want?

If the enquired price (i.e what Brisbane consider to be 'fair and equal') is consideed to be too high for the club making the inquiry.

No trade offer has been made yet. Get that through your head. If any offer, no matter what kind of shitty low ball offer, had been made, the media would be all over it. The scrutiny on this potential trade is unreal.

A club makes an inquiry "dipping their toe in the water" as it was described. What's one of the first questions they're likely to ask?

Reported by who? Where? I don't see any quote about the "relams of $600k"

You literally stated as fact in your last post that the interested clubs didn’t have the currency, which is pure speculation. .

What I said was they either didn't have the currency (e.g. a second round pick) to interest Brisbane or they weren't prepared to offer anything that Brisabane would consider a fair price. So lets say Hawthorn make an inquiry about Schache. The Lions give them a rough guide as to how they see his worth. Hawthorn with late draft picks only walk away.

No offer has been made to Brisbane, period. It has nothing to do with your damn fair and equal quote. Speculation is rife because supposedly interested clubs have completely dropped interest. That is pretty much unprecedented and it’s why speculation is so rife.

So there is a distinct possibility they have dropped interest for the reasons I have described. Brisbane simply value him higher than the price they are prepared to pay. Hence a Victorian club doesn't make a formal offer after an initial inquiry.

If any offer had been made then it’s a safe assumption Brisbane would at least attempt to enter negotiations to try and get what they would consider “fair and equal”. After all, they offered Josh the chance to be traded home, so clearly his interests come in to play.

How do you know that there wasn't a discussion when a club made an initial inquiry? Not all offers and counter-offers in an informal discussion are braodcast to the media.

If you have some kind of evidence that a club has made an unfair and unequal offer and Brisbane have rejected it, then step up to the plate.

I haven't claimed to have had any particular evidence about the contents of any discussions taking place betwen various clubs...nor than anything definite has been placed in front of Brisbane. What I ahve said is the messaging from Brisbane about Schache's worth to them has been consistent and provides a logical explanation for why offers have not been made. As opposed to all the other BS bandied around.

Otherwise, the latest media reports stand, and zero clubs have bothered to make an offer, even to test the waters.

I don't know whether a formal offer has been made or not. However enqiuries were made last week. I don't know what Brisbane told them when enquiries were made, but whatever it was, clubs have not been prepared to make a formal offer. Or at least made their offer known to the media. Seeing we're speculating...what does that suggest to you?

No, we know that no trade has been offered at all. Clubs previously interested have publicly said they’re not interested. The Bulldogs became interested and the quickly lost interest.

And why? Bulldogs show interest...make an enquiry and then "lose interest". Why do you think that might be?

The burning question is why, and it’s extremely fanciful to say that the only reason that clubs aren’t interested is bacause the Lions want a fair and equal trade.

At their price.

Firstly, you have no idea what price Brisbane are demanding,

Of course I don't. However I do know that Brisbane value Schache highly, would like to keep him and Schache is of course under contract. That message has been repeated several times this trade period.

and secondly, you have no idea why the clubs said they’re not interested. You’re just assuming that they weren’t willing to pay a certain price and ignoring that as a general rule, if a club is keen on a player they will at least offer a contract and attempt to negotiate with the players club.

If Josh wants to return to Victoria, he's obviously prepared to play at most Melbourne clubs. Brisbane say they'll talk to various Melbourne clubs, see what sort of interest is there at the price they want and then come to Josh and his manager with the notion that we [the Lions] like this deal that we've been discussing. Would you be prepared to go to this club if they offered you a contract and what sort of contract would you accept, if we explored a possible concrete trade?

Cute. Oh, it’s a “shallow draft”. Never mind that the general consensus is that you can throw a blanket over 6-20. If Richmond offered 15 and 17 for 6 in this draft I’d take it in a heartbeat.

Of course you would. So would Brisbane probably. It's no secret they want multiple picks in the Top Ten.

The reason this draft is being called shallow is because outside the top 30 it’s regarded as not much chop. Late firsts are still valuable.

But not as valuable as Top Ten picks. If Collingwood offered some sort of deal for Schache where Pick 6 is involved, Brisbane no doubt would probably consider it seripusly. Howefver Collingwood clearly have other plans for #6 that they consider more pressing than trading for Schache, so no offer is made.

Maybe, but all that is just speculation on your part. No different to others speculating that something else has spooked clubs.

At least there's some concrete evidence backing that opinion from the guy actually making the decision. There's not much, if any, evidence advocating the opposite.

Adelaide just played in a grand final and regard Gibbs as a missing piece of the puzzle. No club is going to put that kind of value on Schache. Poor comparison.

Contracted players highly valued by their clubs. Brisbane has a different window to Adelaide and they can afford to wait.

No clubs have even attempted to make an offer for Schache.

There have been enquiries (that is fact) where it is likely the (yes... that's speculation) requirements of both sides would have been canvassed. But to the media's knowledge (and therefore ours)...yes no formal, concrete offers.

No, you’ve quoted Noble over and over again and then added your own bullshit opinions of what clubs have and haven’t done to it and passed it off as fact.

There have been enquiries and Brisbane's position is well known. That's all I've said is fact.

Please don’t bother replying to this, I’ve wasted enough time replying to your frigging incessant ‘fair and equal’ posts.

Once again.

The messaging about Schache from Brisbane has been very clear from the very first day of Trade Week. But keep speculating by all means.

Last edited:
If the enquired price (i.e what Brisbane consider to be 'fair and equal') is consideed to be too high for the club making the inquiry.

A club makes an inquiry "dipping their toe in the water" as it was described. What's one of the first questions they're likely to ask?

What I said was they either didn't have the currency (e.g. a second round pick) to interest Brisbane or they weren't prepared to offer anything that Brisabane would consider a fair price. So lets say Hawthorn make an inquiry about Schache. The Lions give them a rough guide as to how they see his worth. Hawthorn with late draft picks only walk away.

So there is a distinct possibility they have dropped interest for the reasons I have described. Brisbane simply value him higher than the price they are prepared to pay. Hence a Victorian club doesn't make a formal offer after an initial inquiry.

How do you know that there wasn't a discussion when a club made an initial inquiry? Not all offers and counter-offers in an informal discussion are braodcast to the media.

I haven't claimed to have had any particular evidence about the contents of any discussions taking place betwen various clubs...nor than anything definite has been placed in front of Brisbane. What I ahve said is the messaging from Brisbane about Schache's worth to them has been consistent and provides a logical explanation for why offers have not been made. As opposed to all the other BS bandied around.

I don't know whether a formal offer has been made or not. However enqiuries were made last week. I don't know what Brisbane told them when enquiries were made, but whatever it was, clubs have not been prepared to make a formal offer. Or at least made their offer known to the media. Seeing we're speculating...what does that suggest to you?

And why? Bulldogs show interest...make an enquiry and then "lose interest". Why do you think that might be?

At their price.

Of course I don't. However I do know that Brisbane value Schache highly, would like to keep him and Schache is of course under contract. That message has been repeated several times this trade period.

If Josh wants to return to Victoria, he's obviously prepared to play at most Melbourne clubs. Brisbane say they'll talk to various Melbourne clubs, see what sort of interest is there at the price they want and then come to Josh and his manager with the notion that we [the Lions] like this deal that we've been discussing. Would you be prepared to go to this club if they offered you a contract and what sort of contract would you accept, if we explored a possible concrete trade?

Of course you would. So would Brisbane probably. It's no secret they want multiple picks in the Top Ten.

But not as valuable as Top Ten picks. If Collingwood offered some sort of deal for Schache where Pick 6 is involved, Brisbane no doubt would probably consider it seripusly. Howefver Collingwood clearly have other plans for #6 that they consider more pressing than trading for Schache, so no offer is made.

At least there's some concrete evidence backing that opinion from the guy actually making the decision. There's not much, if any, evidence advocating the opposite.

Contracted players highly valued by their clubs. Brisbane has a different window to Adelaide and they can afford to wait.

There have been enquiries (that is fact) where it is likely the (yes... that's speculation) requirements of both sides would have been canvassed. But to the media's knowledge (and therefore ours)...yes no formal, concrete offers.

There have been enquiries and Brisbane's position is well known. That's all I've said is fact.

Once again.

The messaging about Schache from Brisbane has been very clear from the very first day of Trade Week. But eep presenting your BS speculations by all means.
Told you not to reply. I read none of this tripe. I have no desire to waste anymore time reading FAIR AND EQUAL over and over again so congrats on wasting your time.

Are you saying you are out of the loop ? I think you need to get on inside word mate, PM me ;)

Oh, I've heard the rumours, but it's hard to tell which are valid, or not.

but there clearly is *something* going on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Told you not to reply.

This isn't the Collingwood board. I'll reply as I see fit on this one. And will endeavour to do so in a reasonable manner.

I read none of this tripe.

I'm not particularly concerned whether you read it or not. However I'll continue to post on various aspects concerning my club on a general board.

I have no desire to waste anymore time reading FAIR AND EQUAL over and over again so congrats on wasting your time.

Very good then. See above.

Pretty sure theres a decent chance you will receive penalty point for disagreeing with roylion. He frequently abuses his power and does this from what I've seen. Some poster said something about Schache going for a 2nd rounder earlier this year and a few minutes later he got suspended.
fwiw I suspect I've wound up roylion a few times and never received an infraction.

Pretty sure theres a decent chance you will receive penalty point for disagreeing with roylion. He frequently abuses his power and does this from what I've seen. Some poster said something about Schache going for a 2nd rounder earlier this year and a few minutes later he got suspended.
Pretty sure he has zero power to do this on the trades board.

You’ll need to ask Noble. He has all the answers. A modern day wizard of oz

Oh so true. Here they are. Our saviours.

DavidNobleWeb17Review.jpg

At their price.

Once again.

The messaging about Schache from Brisbane has been very clear from the very first day of Trade Week. But keep speculating by all means.

The best thing about your entire argument is that we have an example of an extremely similar situation going on at two other clubs and it has been played out relatively publicly with offers and rejections related most days. Ever heard of Jake Stringer. WB didn't get what they considered (wait for it) a fair and equitable offer and as such have negotiated. That is what happens. If your club just dismissed offers they didn't like and never negotiated further to assess the possibilities I would be extremely worried if I was a lions fan. Your argument doesn't make any sense and can be disproven by what is going on with another player during the same trade period!!

Wrong.

I know for a fact that a club made an offer and it was instantly rejected.
If that’s true and no attempt was even made to negotiate, then it seems young Josh has been fooled in to thinking the Lions were actually prepared to consider trade offers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back