Votes: 88 11.6%
  • another Vic club

Votes: 258 34.0%
  • another Non Vic Club

Votes: 14 1.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jokes aside, ive got no idea on this kid

All clubs refusing to even bid does make me bloody nervous though. On paper id like him, but.....

Hahaha that post sums up opposition supporters view on this thread. Such a tease ! ;)

Haha I am hoping for no trade today and Schache to play for us next season. So much gold to bump on this thread ;)
That’s sad. It just suggests other clubs don’t rate him and you will be stuck with a player you are happy to offload and try minimise the damage of wasting a 2nd pick.

He will be lucky to see out his contract in Brisbane. It will be a sad day for the kid and those who hope he gets the support he needs to at least have a crack at it.

Hahaha that post sums up opposition supporters view on this thread. Such a tease ! ;)

No tease. If in doubt, the answer has to be no. May regret it, but we cant afford to lose any more players to off field issues

Lin Jong makes no sense. He's the exact same player as Tom Bell and Mitch Robinson.
Jong is the quickest player at our club, fantastic guy, has the decision making of a donkey but is as brave as they come.

I'm surprised at the interest given he signed with us for far less than the Gold Coast offer because he wants to stay with family in Melbourne (hence the Collingwood facilities tour) so I'm really surprised he will consider an interstate move.

That’s sad. It just suggests other clubs don’t rate him and you will be stuck with a player you are happy to offload and try minimise the damage of wasting a 2nd pick.

He will be lucky to see out his contract in Brisbane. It will be a sad day for the kid and those who hope he gets the support he needs to at least have a crack at it.

Are you now angling us to do a “we feel guilty” let him go for cheap trade now ? :D

I just don't understand why the Lions dont just come out and say no trade he is a required player, as you are not going to get what you wanted.
I think the lions never really wanted to trade him they just said that to please him and have been sabotageing the kids future all along so they can keep him and say they tried.
Take him back to Brisbane and lets watch him retire before the end of the season.

I just don't understand why the Lions dont just come out and say no trade he is a required player, as you are not going to get what you wanted.
I think the lions never really wanted to trade him they just said that to please him and have been sabotageing the kids future all along so they can keep him and say they tried.
Take him back to Brisbane and lets watch him retire before the end of the season.
Think the Lions have been pretty open and honest throughout. Stated that we would explore trade options, and if a deal could be done that was good for Josh and the Lions we'd get it done. Both Josh and the club have said that they are ok with Schache returning to the Lions.
If clubs aren't offering much or anything for him, its absolutely in Brisbane's best interests to keep him and help him as much as possible.
Comments such as 'sabotaging the kids future' are patently ridiculous. We've spoken to clubs about Josh, no-one has made a public offer, which indicates clubs aren't willing to pay a premium for a risk (and that's totally fair enough), and that leaves Brisbane with little option... either give him away for almost nothing, or try and help the kid get himself right, and if he wants home next year or at the end of his contract, I'm sure Brisbane will again try and help him do that

We tried, no one wants you, come back and show them all up on what they missed out on - this works for our club rather than putting a “no trade” tough face and create more animosity with our contracted player.

We are playing this perfectly fine, our zen like silence and not giving away anything is just annoying a lot of other supporters out there ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane might well take something like that.

But seriously, Adelaide are going to accept a bloke who can't even crack Essendon's best 22 for Charlie Cameron?
From what I’ve heard that’s the sticking point. Adelaide haven’t shown much interest in Francis as it is, and they certainly don’t want to give away a required contracted player for him. Essendon would have to sweeten that deal for the Crows significantly.

Think the Lions have been pretty open and honest throughout. Stated that we would explore trade options, and if a deal could be done that was good for Josh and the Lions we'd get it done. Both Josh and the club have said that they are ok with Schache returning to the Lions.
If clubs aren't offering much or anything for him, its absolutely in Brisbane's best interests to keep him and help him as much as possible.
Comments such as 'sabotaging the kids future' are patently ridiculous. We've spoken to clubs about Josh, no-one has made a public offer, which indicates clubs aren't willing to pay a premium for a risk (and that's totally fair enough), and that leaves Brisbane with little option... either give him away for almost nothing, or try and help the kid get himself right, and if he wants home next year or at the end of his contract, I'm sure Brisbane will again try and help him do that

Hahaha!

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Josh Schache [traded to Bulldogs]

Back