Judd a Pie ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Mate, if he wants to play for Collingwood, West Coast will have to deal with Collingwood.

Will be funny if he chooses the pies after all blues fans creamed their pants yesterday.

Pies fans, lets just hope Toovey is part of the deal. Lets try and get Judd for cheap, and off load our hacks;):D

Until we realised that we might part with all of our high picks.

Have to put forward something reasonable if u actually wanted to get Judd. Then have to work out whether it would cause a bit of a stir within the playing group if Judd waltzed in on a $1m a season.....what would the blokes like Didak, Fraser, T.Cloke, Thomas etc think of that down the track.

When we grabbed Buckley, our last big name recruit nothing ended up happening for the club, even tho Buckley is prob our best individual player ever!

By all means if we can get Judd that would be brilliant.....but it aint the end of the world if we don't get him, we have a good list of our own!

I would offer

N.Brown - there is ur early draft pick equivalent....a KP defender and his bro is o'er there already, and our first pick. If that aint enough and other clubs offer more, well good luck to em.

Everyone wants a Chris Judd & would be lying if you said you didn't but the question is at what cost?

If Judd does want to come to us we still have to deal with the Eagles. Despite what everyone is hoping we will have to bleed a bit for him. We will not give up any good young players (I hope) except maybe Nathan Brown, Rusling, Reid, O'Brien possibly Goldsack as they have some currency in the market. The Eagles want high draft picks we have nothing in draft picks so would possibly have to trade to Richmond/Melbourne/Carlton to get one. Eagles will do everything to deal with Carlton for their picks. Ironically Tarrant would have been massively valueable right now for trade purposes.

We would have to come up with a very complicated deal to get it through which would involve dealing with above named players & our first pick to get 2 picks in the top 5 (to go to Eagles) plus a player in return for Judd & Seaby.

Something like this:
Brown & Reid to Melbourne for pick 4
Goldsack & O'Brien to Carlton for Pick 3, gives them depth
Throwing our pick 13(?) in somewhere to get things done as well
Then Pick 3 & 4 to Eagles plus Rusling for Judd & Seaby

We get Judd & a ruckman, but lose a lot in return.

Personally I hope we don't do something like that which will probably mean it will fall through, but then again would we regret giving up a chance to get Judd. Time will tell.

Judd has nominated four clubs, not one, and I'm sure that if Judd did nominate Collingwood and you try to shaft West Coast like you try and do to every team every trade period, he would be happy to simply nominate another team.

Another emotional and offhanded swipe at Collingwood by a Carlton supporter who will not be able to follow up his claims with facts.

Show me exactly where and how we try and shaft "every team every trade period"?

I would think twice, considering you follow a team who was punished for repeated manipulation of rules to their advantage.

Something like this:
Brown & Reid to Melbourne for pick 4
Goldsack & O'Brien to Carlton for Pick 3, gives them depth
Throwing our pick 13(?) in somewhere to get things done as well
Then Pick 3 & 4 to Eagles plus Rusling for Judd & Seaby

We get Judd & a ruckman, but lose a lot in return.

Reid - pick 8, in the super draft
Brown - pick 10, in the super draft
Goldsack - a 60 odd pick in the super draft, who has a rising star nom and in our best 22
O'Brien - a bloke who has beaten the likes of Lucas, Riewoldt, and B.Johnson
Rusling - a very promising key forward
Pick 13

For Judd and Seaby!!

West Coast would come out miles ahead, and be laughing all the way to the bank........that trade would ruin all the great recruiting Hine has done for us over the recent seasons

Judd to nominate 2 clubs of his choice.
1st being the pies. Best facilities and biggest club in Victoria / Australia.
2nd being tiger's. If he cant get drafted to Collingwood will be happy to go to tiger land (via PSD).

Has a better chance of going to Sydney then joining the blues.

Judd to nominate 2 clubs of his choice.
1st being the pies. Best facilities and biggest club in Victoria / Australia.
2nd being tiger's. If he cant get drafted to Collingwood will be happy to go to tiger land (via PSD).

Has a better chance of going to Sydney then joining the blues.
Where did you hear this?

guys, IF Collingwood can do a deal. It will be:

Rusling and either Reid or Dawes, plus our first pick. That'd do it I reckon. Both teams win then.

They get 2 YOUNG gun forwards AND a pick to try and snare something else, and we get the elite midfielder we've been missing.

That's all we should offer.

Hold WCE at Ransom. We don't need to deal, but they do.:thumbsu:

I hope they don't forget we still need to find another ruckman also.
Hopefully we won’t have this arrogant and idiotically self destructive attitude. If we do he firstly won’t chose our club and even if he did we’d miss out on his services.

Judd is an absolute gun and exactly what our midfield needs. We have to win him over and then negotiate in good faith. We are going to have to pay a price and we have to expect some pain. Some players who some on here view as untradable and not a fraction of the player Judd is and have to be on the table. Then we will have to pay him more than any other player on our list for the rest of his career.

If we can win him over (a test for Ed) then it is going to cost at least one Rusling/Maxwell level player plus a much earlier draft pick than we have which means some serious trade dancing. That is at a minimum. Make no mistake there has to be some pain.

Lots of cost, no small amount of risk but PREMIERSHIPS are at stake.

Hopefully we won’t have this arrogant and idiotically self destructive attitude. If we do he firstly won’t chose our club and even if he did we’d miss out on his services.

Judd is an absolute gun and exactly what our midfield needs. We have to win him over and then negotiate in good faith. We are going to have to pay a price and we have to expect some pain. Some players who some on here view as untradable and not a fraction of the player Judd is and have to be on the table. Then we will have to pay him more than any other player on our list for the rest of his career.

If we can win him over (a test for Ed) then it is going to cost at least one Rusling/Maxwell level player plus a much earlier draft pick than we have which means some serious trade dancing. That is at a minimum. Make no mistake there has to be some pain.

here here,
treat the eagles and judd with respect. fair dinkum i reckon we'll ask the eagles what they want from us and work towards negotiating them down and finding the middle ground where the deal will be made.
i would part company with at most 2 players and our highest first pick.

Reid - pick 8, in the super draft
Brown - pick 10, in the super draft
Goldsack - a 60 odd pick in the super draft, who has a rising star nom and in our best 22
O'Brien - a bloke who has beaten the likes of Lucas, Riewoldt, and B.Johnson
Rusling - a very promising key forward
Pick 13

For Judd and Seaby!!

West Coast would come out miles ahead, and be laughing all the way to the bank........that trade would ruin all the great recruiting Hine has done for us over the recent seasons

I totally agree and what people have to remeber when making possible trades is the reason we are so excited is because of the quality of our kids. If we give away Harry O our future CHB Goldsack awesome utility/stopper Brown highly promising Full back Reid and Rusling highly promising fowards and get Seaby and Judd sure we have addressed to of our weakness. But we have really robbed peter to pay Paul. Orright juddy go kick it to ??????????????? Rocca has two 3 years left max. Presti Wakes have how long left? Since when was Maxwell a fullback?

Just on trading young players:

I agree there is risk. There is also the potential that they don't kick on as much as we hope or expect too. If however, Hine is the messiah; couldn't he keep up the great work and over the next couple of years ump more quality youngsters into the list?

To my mind the likes of O’Brien and Goldsack are promising but not the sort of players that sides are built around. Like Harry but if WCE were interested in him he'd be on the next plane if I had my way. Goldsack isn’t a young draftee either. I really like him and think he will be a very good player but he is far from indispensable for us and his role as a running back is actually the easiest to fill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting that the last massive trade like this was Cobert leaving Geelong to go to North.

The draft picks and trade enabled Geelong to assemble the ragin hot premiership favourite team.....

The kangas have bobbed around since

Geelong came out massively ahead as a result of that trade, and it actually set them up for a decade......pies chasing Judd could put us back a fair way if we give up too much

I agree there is risk. There is also the potential that they don't kick on as much as we hope or expect too. If however, Hine is the messiah; couldn't he keep up the great work and over the next couple of years ump more quality youngsters into the list?

To my mind the likes of O’Brien and Goldsack are promising but not the sort of players that sides are built around. Like Harry but if WCE were interested in him he'd be on the next plane if I had my way. Goldsack isn’t a young draftee either. I really like him and think he will be a very good player but he is far from indispensable for us and his role as a running back is actually the easiest to fill.

Sure I agree off load a couple of them if we have to but to offload all of them as suggested up there for Judd and Seaby is borderline retarted.

That is true, wouldn't be displeased to off load one if it meant we could snaffle a gun midfielder.

Again on the same wave length, if need be id let one of them go, but not all of them.

And dont bother trading with other clubs to obtain draft picks....it is stupid. Deal with West Coast directly

N.Brown, Reid or Dawes are the equiv of a top 5draft pick this year, and are KP players which West Coast need.......put up one of these blokes, Brown makes more sense as his bro is over there already.

Then offer up our first draft pick

If that aint enough throw in a Goldsack or Harry type of player

So at max trade away

1st pick
N.Brown or the similar Reid, Dawes
Goldsack or the similar Harry, Cox

No i disagree Goldsack will be a great backmen for 10 yrs and harry O is also as great they with Brown will take Clement,Wakelin and Presti for 10yrs

i reckon juddy would be a little bit hesitant to nominate the pies as his preferred club considering the pies/eagles history in trading, i think the last victorian club the eagles would like to see him running around in is the pies........imagine how loathed he would be by every1 if he did go to the pies, apart from pies fans of course.........without doubt the pies would have to give up one of pendlebury, thomas, cloke, didak or rusling plus a high draft pick

If Judd wants to come to collingwood, who would they give up? West coast have to be reasonable as well since Judd still had injury concerns. The magpies don't have a low pick so who are the option for trades?

No i disagree Goldsack will be a great backmen for 10 yrs and harry O is also as great they with Brown will take Clement,Wakelin and Presti for 10yrs
OK Nick Maxwell then? Look someone we really want to keep has to go for Judd if we are to stand a chance. I have been saying for ages we have to areas we must address. One is the ruck and the other is a quick skilled mid. The development of Pendlebury and potential of a couple ff others has left the midfield need Judd and then a replacement for Burns. Getting Judd would allow us to concentrate on the ruck. Get the Judd deal done early and hunt down a ruckman. We have an opportunity to perhaps take a year out of the first few rounds of the draft but balance our list out nicely. We can then set Hine and co the task of taking the smokies this year and thereafter drafting quality kids to keep the list topped up with quality youth.

I posted another thread about opportunity knocking for the players. The players answered the door. There is another door or two to be answered there.

Now there is a thumping at the door and it’s the man from tatts. If The Club answers it we will make a significant difference to our short and medium term premiership aims.

Exactly right. Its going to hurt a bit, but it's what will be necessary. High risk/High reward. (Except that you pretty much know what Judd will deliver). This will have been in the back of the heirachy's mind for quite some time. I'm sure they know what it will take.

A lot of people spewed when Tarrant was traded. Missed him haven't we.

A lot of people spewed when Tarrant was traded. Missed him haven't we.

Different kettle of fish

Taz was traded so that we could invest in the future of the club and build a great team of our own with quality picks.

Paying over the odds to get Judd and trading away too many of our own gun youngsters aint going to be investing in our future as a club

i reckon juddy would be a little bit hesitant to nominate the pies as his preferred club considering the pies/eagles history in trading, i think the last victorian club the eagles would like to see him running around in is the pies...
They went down this route on Footy Classified. Fact is we have made a number of trades with WCE. This all originates from the Gehrig deal not getting over the line. We traded with them for Williams and Morrison and they got Tuckey and Adkins from us. When the deal is reasonable there is no issue. If we try and stiff them they tell us to get nicked which is fair enough. Early days you would expect a bit of posturing but the parties will know soon enough if a deal is possible.

First things first though we have to win Judd over.

This will have been in the back of the heirachy's mind for quite some time. I'm sure they know what it will take.
This is an interesting point. We made a gig offer to Brown. Since then you would think we would have had an easy time with the cap. There has been speculation about Judd returning for some time. You would hope the cap space has been a work in progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd a Pie ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back