Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

RedLegs#5

Cancelled
May 30, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos,Wallabies, Glenn McGrath.
I don't care what anyone says...this guys ability to take teams to greater heights is quite spectacular. Great player, great leader. A guy who has the pressure of the world on his shoulders and has proven himself as a captain at two separate clubs. Will make a great coach one day if he chooses to go down that route. Should have come to the Dees...but his loss. :cool:

P.S. Carlton are still scum though. ;)

he has one amazing quarter and he's the best player in the comp again...dont know about that.

yeh he may not be AS good as his WCE days but by god he sure knows how to single handedly get his team up and about nd iunto the finals and ALMOST win the game himself. superstar

He's not the best player in the comp any more but there is no doubt that at his best no other midfielder comes close.

he has one amazing quarter and he's the best player in the comp again...dont know about that.

For me a player isn't only rated by their skills, but by their on field leadership too. Carlton wouldn't have been near the 8 without this guy. Would love Ablett to go to the GC to see just what he's made of. Judd has and will continue to keep Carlton on the up (how high...well I dunno...hopefully not too high at all ;)).

And yes, I agree, Reiwoldt is the best skilled player going around (runs harder than pretty much any forward I've seen), but Judd beats him on leadership...just.

I agree that perhaps he is not the BEST player in the comp skills wise. But to say he is the most influential player in the league would be a correct statement. The way he almost single handedly lifted the team in the 3rd quarter was nothing short of inspirational. I got chills everytime he would go on one of those trademark runs.

Ellard and Hadley also deserve some props for countless blocks they laid for him

Not as consistent as his Eagles days as far as the best player in the comp. Watching his game today though, that's up there with the best in the comp.

Let's not get too carried away, he was shocking against Geelong 2 weeks ago, played well last week & was awesome in 2 quarters today....

I love watching him play, but he is no longer the best player

I agree that perhaps he is not the BEST player in the comp skills wise. But to say he is the most influential player in the league would be a correct statement. The way he almost single handedly lifted the team in the 3rd quarter was nothing short of inspirational. I got chills everytime he would go on one of those trademark runs.

Ellard and Hadley also deserve some props for countless blocks they laid for him

Spot on :thumbsu:

Despite all the touches that Swan, Ablett, Bartel etc. rack up they don't influence games like Judd does.

Everyone knows this, why make the thread?

Some people don't think so at all. Your club is very lucky to have it. Would be struggling without him.

Could have used Fevola today though.

P.S. Carlton are still scum and am glad you lost today. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a freak, if he had kicked that goal today it would have got them over the line I think...I remember watching him absolute bust his gut against us in Rd 8 here where he sprinted from the half back line to full forward to mark and goal...his engine is right up there

Judd is the maestro of football, he has the ability to blow away teams single handedly and to be honest if he was playin for the mighty catters or the saints with other great midfielders around him he would be the brownlow winner 5 years in a row...

Spot on :thumbsu:

Despite all the touches that Swan, Ablett, Bartel etc. rack up they don't influence games like Judd does.

yeah.. todays game was testament to that - he clearly got them over the line when the needed it most..

lets get a grip here... judd is one of the better midfielders in the comp but on the basis of the last 2 years is well behind Ablett and Swan (who is without doubt the best midfielder in the comp this year)and possibly 2 or 3 others....

judd has been no where near the player he was when he was surrounded by the likes of kerr and cousins....

anyone who can honestly say judd is in the best 5 players in the comp right now needs to forget his west coast days and factor in the games he has played at carlton...

riewoldt, swan, ablett, hodge, montagna, and hayes would all make my top 5 before chris judd..

one of the best midfielders in the comp, no doubt about it. I can't split ablett, swan and judd.

I would take riewoldt and franklin over all 3 of them. maybe even brown and pav.

tall forwards > midfielders

thought he choked in front of goal twice and lost the game for the blues

people continue to gloss over how many basic errors he makes. His 3rd quarter was terrific, but his other 3 were wasteful

missed a sitter from 15m, would have won them the game.

doesnt kick the goals, champions do.

One of the best but not the best. His two misses running into an open goal attest to that. His skill level is still below some others.

yeah.. todays game was testament to that - he clearly got them over the line when the needed it most..

lets get a grip here... judd is one of the better midfielders in the comp but on the basis of the last 2 years is well behind Ablett and Swan (who is without doubt the best midfielder in the comp this year)and possibly 2 or 3 others....

judd has been no where near the player he was when he was surrounded by the likes of kerr and cousins....

anyone who can honestly say judd is in the best 5 players in the comp right now needs to forget his west coast days and factor in the games he has played at carlton...

riewoldt, swan, ablett, hodge, montagna, and hayes would all make my top 5 before chris judd..
You think you might have contradicted yourself there?

All of the players you mention have mature, seasoned footballers taking the load around them. Judd's leading the under 23's.

He may not be THE best these days, but he was fantastic today. Finals against the Swans must bring out the best of him ;) It was fitting that Kirk's last final in Sydney was against Judd's team after all those Swans-Eagles finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back