Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd the best player in the comp? No. Come on now. It's tough for him because Ratten has no idea how to use the talent at his disposal and he ends up trying to get all of his teammates into the game while they mill about aimlessly on the ground but you can only judge him on his performances and I don't think he's even top 10 at the moment, living off the reputation he forged at West Coast.

Not even close these days..but plays the odd great qtr without the consistency required.

When u pay millions for a matchwinner you hope for a matchwinner. Not a 3rd qtr effort and thats it...and when u pay big money for a captain you want them to stand up when a big game is in the balance...impose themselves on it yeah ?

Looking at the other tight game this weekend I saw a captain on friday night imposing himself on the game at the death..in an important game making a difference anyway could. In fact both captains did. Didnt see Prince Juddy much when the shit hit the fan yesterday.

His kicking isn't the same since he had his groin injury - He's lost 10 mtrs of penetration. Ablett ( If in blue ) would have kicked at least one of those two chances yesterday and we'd have won.
Super 3rd Qt though he is still one of the best but has a couple in front of him these days.

I agree that perhaps he is not the BEST player in the comp skills wise. But to say he is the most influential player in the league would be a correct statement. The way he almost single handedly lifted the team in the 3rd quarter was nothing short of inspirational. I got chills everytime he would go on one of those trademark runs.

Ellard and Hadley also deserve some props for countless blocks they laid for him

Re-think this, he is the most influential player in your team because you have 1 A grader (Judd just) and 40 C graders...... be realistic. One great Qtr doesn"t change a mindset.

I don't care what anyone says...this guys ability to take teams to greater heights is quite spectacular. Great player, great leader. A guy who has the pressure of the world on his shoulders and has proven himself as a captain at two separate clubs. Will make a great coach one day if he chooses to go down that route. Should have come to the Dees...but his loss. :cool:

P.S. Carlton are still scum though. ;)

Yeah his ability to take his team to two consecutive elimination final losses is spectacular!

missed a sitter from 15m, would have won them the game.

doesnt kick the goals, champions do.

Harsh but fair.

Judd has still got it. That qtr yesterday was brlliant. He turned the game Carlton's way.

Mike Sheahan made a similar comment in the HS this morning about that miss or something along those lines.

His kicking isn't the same since he had his groin injury - He's lost 10 mtrs of penetration. Ablett ( If in blue ) would have kicked at least one of those two chances yesterday and we'd have won.
Super 3rd Qt though he is still one of the best but has a couple in front of him these days.

Yeah agree. Ablett would have kicked both, hell, I think most players would have.

Can't really bag the bloke, he worked his arse off and single-handedly dragged us back into it but I think others are right when they say you can't be best in the league with his kicking the way it is. Field kicking not too bad, especially considering he's always under pressure, but his goal kicking isn't even average these days, its well below.

FWIW I'd say Ablett and Swan are better at the moment, probably Hayes too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not a Judd "hater" as you think some people are. But I do believe he did go for the $$$$$.

Reasons are he already has a Grand final medal as captain and a Brownlow.

He has done it all. So the next best thing is go for the Big Bucksss.

There is nothing wrong with that.

If you are given a job elsewhere doing the same thing for more $$$$, I'm sure you would go.

But I am a hater of Pratt. The way he does business. But that is another story all together.

I think you will find that Richard Pratt is dead and not alive as your grammar usage would indicate. :rolleyes:

How is it fair? It wouldn't have won us the game.

Big call to suggest the momentum his two missed sitters would have given you wouldn't have been enough to get you over the line.

You were totally dominating the swans in the first ten minutes of the last quarter a couple of more golas would have just about broken them.

And who would the Pies have traded?

You ended up with a top pick and a Key position forward.

We would have had to give up 2 first round picks, and two players.

Nathan Brown might have joined his brother, and maybe someone like Goldsack/Wellingham or a McCarthy?

I doubt we would have had too much else to offer, and West Coast wouldn't have wanted to lose him for nothing, you guys aren't Port or St.Kilda.

Big call to suggest the momentum his two missed sitters would have given you wouldn't have been enough to get you over the line.

You were totally dominating the swans in the first ten minutes of the last quarter a couple of more golas would have just about broken them.
You obviously have no idea when he scored those points.

Not to mention, calling them both sitters.

Get your hand off it pal. Never will forgive him for not going to Collingwood.
Never seen Swan do anything like what Judd did today.

glad he didnt come to collingwood.. look at our teams progression since judd arrived at dick pratt carnival park and you'll understand why.... your messiah has yielded your team nothing great... and if judds career was based on his time at carlton alone he wouldnt be ratd that highly.. saying otherwise is complete bullshit.

yep, ive never seen swan cost us a game either.

The thing is though, those clubs all have other players that are class players. Carlton? You look though their list and only Judd really stands out.

i agree.. their midfield is quite poor (even though it shouldnt be with all those first round draft guns)...

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back