Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Runs into an open goal TWICE only to balls it up. His kicking has always let him down and continues to do so. No doubt he willed himself on the contest and had an influence but his side has lost by a kick and he has missed 2 sitters.

Good player? Sure. Great player? probably not. Best in the competition? Piss off.

Runs into an open goal TWICE only to balls it up. His kicking has always let him down and continues to do so. No doubt he willed himself on the contest and had an influence but his side has lost by a kick and he has missed 2 sitters.

Good player? Sure. Great player? probably not. Best in the competition? Piss off.
Two sitters? What are you talking about?

The replay is up on the AFL website, go actually watch the game before you comment.

de·lu·sion (d-lzhn)
n.
a. The act or process of deluding.
b. The state of being deluded.
2. A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
3. Psychiatry A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness

judda.jpg

Yep an absolute plum pud. Why he would kick a banana with that much goal face open is baffling.

The second one was a little tougher. Similar distance but running towards the behind post..still there was no Swan player b/w him and the goals again. Ablett would have nailed it 9 times out of 10.

That one he should've made Sydney pay!

Perhaps a sitter, perhaps not - Should've used his left - That freeze frame doesn't do it justice as to the pace in which he took the ball.

They certainly were not both sitters, however.

The second one, he (a right footer) was outside of the right-hand point post, and about two or three metres in from the boundary. Ablett would not have kicked it 9 times out of 10.

He was the only reason we were within touching distance at that point anyways, it's incredibly rich to say he cost us the game.

It's really, completely moronic to suggest one player cost us that game anyways. A plethora of things went wrong.

Judd is 27 next week.

As for Blair, Beams and Sidebottom, they are half-forward flankers and only play a small role in the midfield rotations. If you would like, I can put in Garlett, Yarran and Lucas, who also play a small role in Carlton's rotations, and whose ages add up to the same as the three you named.
You can put Lucas in, as I did.

But I've never seen Garlett or Yarran regularly line up at a centre bounce like Beams, Sidebottom and Blair do. Beams lined up in the centre square at the openin bounce of the game on the weekend.

So your list looks great when you exclude our teenagers!

i just dont like chris judd
never have never will
i dont think his that good anymore
when he was at wce he was great now not so much
i believe their are much better players that actual go in and get the ball them selves instead of hoovering around the pack and waiting for the ball then just kick it.
was great but not anymore

Ablett is easily better then Judd, and you would need to go back to his WCE days to find a point where Judd was arguably as good. Since 2007 Ablett has towered above him.

Goddard, Hodge, Swan, Selwood, Chapman, Lenny Hayes, N.Riewoldt, Franklin, Sandilands are also currently better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is all a bit of a non-issue when all is said and done as everybody has their own biases beliefs etc.
But let me come at it from a different point of view - I have been watching AFL/VFL for 50 years. During that time particular instances of indescribable brilliance, mastery, skill very occasionally occur - so much that they are etched in the brain forever. In my life there are perhaps 10 that would qualify.
Judd added one on Sunday - that pick up from between a Swans and Blues player during the third quarter, and then the burn off as he sprinted down the ground, was the mark of a sheer genius. That is not to say that others couldn't do it (I'm sure they could) but he did it, it was sublime, and it will stay with me forever.

Two sitters? What are you talking about?

The replay is up on the AFL website, go actually watch the game before you comment.

I suggest you take your own advice then come back and start again.

This is all a bit of a non-issue when all is said and done as everybody has their own biases beliefs etc.
But let me come at it from a different point of view - I have been watching AFL/VFL for 50 years. During that time particular instances of indescribable brilliance, mastery, skill very occasionally occur - so much that they are etched in the brain forever. In my life there are perhaps 10 that would qualify.
Judd added one on Sunday - that pick up from between a Swans and Blues player during the third quarter, and then the burn off as he sprinted down the ground, was the mark of a sheer genius. That is not to say that others couldn't do it (I'm sure they could) but he did it, it was sublime, and it will stay with me forever.

I remember watching syd jackson playing for east perth. A great player but no barry cable

I agree it is a non issue.

To me judd was brilliant in the third quater but lost the game in the first half by letting his opponent be too damaging.

It's really, completely moronic to suggest one player cost us that game anyways. A plethora of things went wrong.

True but of all the players who could get the finger pointed at them Judd is probably on about 700k more than them. At this level of pay you will be rightly criticised for making mistakes.

Perhaps a sitter, perhaps not - Should've used his left - That freeze frame doesn't do it justice as to the pace in which he took the ball.

They certainly were not both sitters, however.

The second one, he (a right footer) was outside of the right-hand point post, and about two or three metres in from the boundary. Ablett would not have kicked it 9 times out of 10.

Sorry mate, love Judd and what he has done for our club but the first one is a sitter/pudding/gimme no matter how you spin it. I'd say 80-90% of players in the league would kick it easily.

2nd one slightly tougher but still a goal that should be kicked most of the time and a heap of players other than Ablett would kick it 8 or 9 times out of 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back