Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine the media/carlton fan lovefest if Juddy did this in a game.

[youtube]_wGzx_rXNy4[/youtube]

Juddy is far from the best. At West Coast he was. Not anymore.

Would say this is about right. ~10th in the competition.
I'd have him easily in the top 10, but his output is not as consistant and that could be due to the fact he shoulders more at carlton than he ever had to at West Coast.

The question that should be asked is would you have him at your club and the answer is YES.

Would you give up your best player to get him. At this stage NO.

Number 1 for me as well. His efficiency is down, but plays a game unlike Swans and Montagnas where he seldom gets the no pressure possession. With 5 blokes hanging off him will always be a little sloppy. Amazing player.
Also interesting to see top 3 Captain as voted by peers. Many on here say he is not a good capatin. His peers say otherwise. I guess they see him leading by example and directing/talking it up on the ground.

He played 1 qrt last game where he had some influence.His kicking into the fwd line was of hope.His handballs were quick and he isnt the best player in the comp.He shouldnt make AA this year as he doesnt mark and his disposal is way off what it used to be

So how many Collingwood players do you have above him? Seeing that Collingwood 2010 is probably the best team to walk onto a ground for 50 years.
Your kidding right?

I mean Collingwood look pretty good but the best team in 50 years, they are yet to have won anything.

I think he meant the best team Collingwood has fielded for the last 50 years.

But he asks an interesting question, of all Collingwood players I'd probably only rate Swan as better then Judd, with Pendlebury almost arguably as good.

Its been hard for Judd at Carlton

He is always going to Heavily tagged week in week out
At Carlton he really is the only guy you have to cover, unlike a side like Geelong
Where you can't afford to spend all your focus on one player like Abblett

Ablett will still play well for Gold coast, but he will find the going really hard being the centre of attention

I don't think anyone here really thinks Carlton would be higher on the ladder if they either had Swan or Ablett over Judd ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That pick up Judd did in the third quarter, although it wasn't match winning or even result in a goal, it was the best bit of play i've ever seen. The speed in which he picked it up and then hit top pace running was unbelievable, don't think there is anyone in the AFL that would be able to pull that off.

yeah.. todays game was testament to that - he clearly got them over the line when the needed it most..

lets get a grip here... judd is one of the better midfielders in the comp but on the basis of the last 2 years is well behind Ablett and Swan (who is without doubt the best midfielder in the comp this year)and possibly 2 or 3 others....

judd has been no where near the player he was when he was surrounded by the likes of kerr and cousins....

anyone who can honestly say judd is in the best 5 players in the comp right now needs to forget his west coast days and factor in the games he has played at carlton...

riewoldt, swan, ablett, hodge, montagna, and hayes would all make my top 5 before chris judd..

Montagna??? :eek: hahahaha :p

Judd, Ablett and Riewoldt. They've been the top three for a while now and I still can't split them.

I can..

Swan
Ablett
Reiwold
Pendles
Judd

:eek: surely nobody is that biased.

Judd never has been the best player in the competition, so what's this "still" caper? At West Coast he wasn't even the best player in the team, let alone the entire competition.

Swan and Ablett are much better midfielders than Judd.

Looks like I was spot on :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd is still the best player in the competition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back