Judd/Murphy vs Swan/Pendlebury 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon Judd would.

Judd gives an insane amount of goal assists when he plays forward, but he isn't capable of beings hit up forward like Swan can be.

Judd = best contested ball player of the lot
Swan = best accumulator of the lot
Pendles = silkiest of the lot
Murphy = best all rounder of the lot

Both teams are blessed with their respective players and wouldn't swap.

What I will say is I think Murphy will take his game to another level this year. He is looking a hell of a lot stronger through the core and some of his grunt work this pre-season was unlike anything I've ever seen before from him...and he was hardly a softy before.

One pair has the 2011 Brownlow medallist and the best player in the league.

I'm going with that pair.

I didn't notice Ablett in the poll.:confused:

The Judd factor probably just tips it in the Carlton pairs favour.

How about?

Swan / Pendles / Thomas / Ball / Sidebottom / Beams
Judd / Murphy / Gibbs / Scotland / Simpson / Robinson

This would also be close

The Judd factor probably just tips it in the Carlton pairs favour.

How about?

Swan / Pendles / Thomas / Ball / Sidebottom / Beams
Judd / Murphy / Gibbs / Scotland / Simpson / Robinson

This would also be close

Collingwood's is better when you look at the full picture and the fact that Scotland plays mainly off a HBF.

id take 20 judd possessions over 30 Swan possessions any day of the week....
Stupid post, it's definitely not as clear cut over that. Swan is one of the best players in the game, sure Judd is better but there is no way that if Judd gets 20 touches in a game and Swan gets 30 that Judd had a better game. Ridiculous thing to say.

Scotland has played midfield full time for the last two years.

Just like Scarlett has been the most dominant full forward in history.

The psychiatric ward in Carlton must be over-populated

Just like Scarlett has been the most dominant full forward in history.

The psychiatric ward in Carlton must be over-populated
Doesn't matter what pot shots you want to make while masturbating behind your keyboard, won't change the fact that Scotland has been a midfielder for the last two seasons.

Doesn't matter what pot shots you want to make while masturbating behind your keyboard, won't change the fact that Scotland has been a midfielder for the last two seasons.

So has Stevie Johnson

Are you sure you follow Carlton?

Just because Scotland is a star at going back with the flight and helping out his teammates in defence doesn't mean he's a defender anymore.

He has lined up at centre bounces every quarter, every game, for the last two seasons. He's a midfielder.

If he's a defender then so is James Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year would have Judd as the worst of the three. His end to the season was uncharacteristically (just realised how ludicrously long that word is) poor. His season as a whole was down on his 2008-2010 form - was too easily curtailed by the opposition.

He's looking slimmer and quicker this year and while it might take him a week or two to work his way back to full fitness, I fully expect him to get back to his brilliant, unstoppable best. Though I'm not sure if he'll wrestle the title of best at the club back from Marc Murphy.

Either way, you're probably looking at 4 of the top 6 or 7 midfielders in the competition. Can't go wrong whichever way you split it.

Last year would have Judd as the worst of the three. His end to the season was uncharacteristically (just realised how ludicrously long that word is) poor. His season as a whole was down on his 2008-2010 form - was too easily curtailed by the opposition.

He's looking slimmer and quicker this year and while it might take him a week or two to work his way back to full fitness, I fully expect him to get back to his brilliant, unstoppable best. Though I'm not sure if he'll wrestle the title of best at the club back from Marc Murphy.

Either way, you're probably looking at 4 of the top 6 or 7 midfielders in the competition. Can't go wrong whichever way you split it.

Good post...

I'll try and be as unbiased as possible.... Marc Murphy reigning Coaches Award Winner (Although not the most prestigious award - by far the most accurate) - Better than Scott Pendlebury (But only marginally). Swan the reigning Brownlow Medalist - We could argue that a Coaches Vote is far more significant that that of an Umpire.... But in the interest of the exercise - 2011 saw Swan win. However Judd has won 2. So on face value it would seem that the most accomplished of the two pairs are Judd & Murphy. However when we look at the next best midfielders in these respective teams (remembering that a great midfield group goes as deep as 12 individuals) I'm personally of the opinion that Collingwood holds a slight advantage (But ever so slightly - A bit like Murphy over Pendlebury). We'll see tomorrow night I guess....

I'll try and be as unbiased as possible.... Marc Murphy reigning Coaches Award Winner (Although not the most prestigious award - by far the most accurate) - Better than Scott Pendlebury (But only marginally).
Didn't last long did it.

Pendlebury is second to Ablett only.

Murphy and Pendles break even for mine - will be the star midfielders of their generation and already are top 5 in the league.

Judd's past fortnight has been phenomenal. He's supplementing his inside game with run, now that he's slimmed down a bit. As good as Swan is, I'd have to take Judd over him.

Carlton pair, but not much in it.

Ashame Ablett and Selwood are still not together, could be the best pairing I have seen play.

so I had to go

Judd and Murphy, pretty impressive are these 2 together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Judd/Murphy vs Swan/Pendlebury 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back