Remove this Banner Ad

2012 there was this case (that I always recall) - decapitated head found washed up at Rotto 2013:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-30/carlino-sentenced-over-rottnest-head-murder/5855050

Aaron Carlino, 30, was found guilty of murdering Stephen Cookson, 56, in December 2012.

Carlino shot Cookson twice in the head as he slept at his apartment in East Perth and then used an angle grinder to cut his body into six pieces.

The parts were initially buried at a property at Golden Bay, south of Perth, before being dug up and dumped at sea.

A young girl found Cookson's head when it washed up at Porpoise Bay on Rottnest Island in January 2013.

The rest of the body parts have never been found.
Ew

How to calculate height with tibia length?
For males : Height (cm) = 123 + 1.24 X tibial length (cm) and for Females : Height (cm) = 146 + 0.341 X tibial length (cm)

If it were a woman she would be 160cm.

Attachments

• IMG_0213.jpeg
    IMG_0213.jpeg
    102.9 KB · Views: 5
For males : Height (cm) = 123 + 1.24 X tibial length (cm) and for Females : Height (cm) = 146 + 0.341 X tibial length (cm)

What's that in feet and inches do you know? Julie was either 5'2 or 5'4? I recall thinking that she wasn't very tall.

How to calculate height with tibia length?

It's a bit over 5'2", I just checked. Wow ...

2012 there was this case (that I always recall) - decapitated head found washed up at Rotto 2013:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-10-30/carlino-sentenced-over-rottnest-head-murder/5855050

Aaron Carlino, 30, was found guilty of murdering Stephen Cookson, 56, in December 2012.

Carlino shot Cookson twice in the head as he slept at his apartment in East Perth and then used an angle grinder to cut his body into six pieces.

The parts were initially buried at a property at Golden Bay, south of Perth, before being dug up and dumped at sea.

A young girl found Cookson's head when it washed up at Porpoise Bay on Rottnest Island in January 2013.

The rest of the body parts have never been found.
I knew him. Aaron's alright! :thumbsupv1:

Poor kid, it might be his if it seems a bit odd to be found on Cott beach.
I can't find any articles that give the measurement of the femur found at Scarborough. I suppose if it is his tibia then the Leeuwin current could have carried it down the coast. In the photos he appears to be taller than 160cm though.

The missing persons news articles describe him as tall.
So that probably rules out the tibia bone being his.

'The teenager is described as tall, with dark skin, short hair and braces. He was wearing black Adidas shorts.'

Our locals could keep an ear to the ground for any news of digging on Cott beach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was another woman who disappeared leaving her car parked near City Beach, it was assumed she went swimming and drowned. Robyn Santyn.
At 170cm tall, not a shortie either.
Can't find any full length photos of her though.

'Height:170cm'

What if someone murdered Julie Cutler, or knew where Julie's remains were, and then only recently returned to the beach in the dead of night to bury the bone in the sand or throw it into the sea, to try and get the case even more closed than it already is. Or to provide some form of closure for her family and loved ones.

Me too! Does anyone know how far up the beach the bone was found in relation to the ocean?
I found this re the bone being in the ocean:

How long will human bones last in the ocean?
Putrefaction and scavenging creatures will dismember the corpse in a week or two and the bones will sink to the seabed. There they may be slowly buried by marine silt or broken down further over months or years, depending on the acidity of the water.

And

In spite of their long immersion in sea-water, the bones were, in general, well preserved.

What if someone murdered Julie Cutler, or knew where Julie's remains were, and then only recently returned to the beach in the dead of night to bury the bone in the sand or throw it into the sea, to try and get the case even more closed than it already is. Or to provide some form of closure for her family and loved ones.
I guess that would eliminate BRE as a suspect. He's not moving any bones around.

Does anyone know how far up the beach the bone was found in relation to the ocean?

Not yet.

However, the tide on Perth beaches at 9am on Saturday 28th September 2024 was with the tide going out (approx. 0.80m at 9am).
So not a particularly low tide when it was found, or in relation to the low tide of 0.52m the day before.

Need to see what the weather and swell was doing in Perth in the days leading up to the bone find.

27 FR
0433 0.94
1517 0.52

28 SA
0702 0.93
1532 0.56
2318 0.77

'The 40cm bone was spotted protruding from the sand at Cottesloe Beach at about 9am on Saturday.'

1727926881855.png
WA Police secured the bone with the help of Surf Live Saving personnel
1727926942199.png
The 40cm bone was spotted protruding from the sand at a beach 14km away from Perth

Yeh, I hope it's not been 'planted' there or it could belong to anybody.

Not yet.

However, the tide on Perth beaches at 9am on Saturday 28th September 2024 was with the tide going out (approx. 0.80m at 9am).
So not a particularly low tide when it was found, or in relation to the low tide of 0.52m the day before.

Need to see what the weather and swell was doing in Perth in the days leading up to the bone find.

27 FR
0433 0.94
1517 0.52

28 SA
0702 0.93
1532 0.56
2318 0.77

'The 40cm bone was spotted protruding from the sand at Cottesloe Beach at about 9am on Saturday.'

View attachment 2130021
WA Police secured the bone with the help of Surf Live Saving personnel
View attachment 2130022
The 40cm bone was spotted protruding from the sand at a beach 14km away from Perth
Maybe metic can help?

Yeh, I hope it's not been 'planted' there or it could belong to anybody.
Hopefully there's high quality CCTV with night vision recording what happens on that beach at night.
Although for privacy reasons, there might not be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Julie Cutler - Murder - 1988 - Cottesloe WA *To the Coroner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back