Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey y'all,
Probably a bit to early to start this thread but oh well , may as well start it.
Post your ideas for 2017. Normally all these threads will have same shit posted every year but their are these odd now and then intelligent new ideas that the designers on here come up with. So be creative and make something new.

I'll start, based on Port's 97 away strip I turned it into an average teal clash jumper:
port-adelaide-clash-2017.png

I'm glad someone else started this incredibly early because I was having a toy with some ideas the other day
I was tossing up whether to start it or not. Had a couple ideas and thought 2016 one was pointless.
I'd get rid of the number panel.
Yeh I'm with you on this one. All teal back is class.

I made this ages ago before the NAB jumper unveiling. Hopefully they can bring in a refined version of the crusader.
95czUE0.png

Some random clash/pre-season ideas. (These are sloppy because I'm not advocating most of them).

h51icSS.png

51l7lcS.png

Uh4pkWk.png

j4DQOvS.png

Hawthorn Hawks
Alright, first up with the home:
- Removed fangs
- Watermarked monogram
- Sharper colours
- Yellow socks
- Removed back stripes for cleaner look
hawks-home-2017.png
I couldn't help myself but want to see the Hawks continue to wear their home jumper with white shorts.
hawks-home-w-white-shorts.png

Away:
Simple invert of home, except monogram is too stand out.
-Worn with brown shorts only
hawks-away-2017.png

Clash:
-:p;)
hawks-clash-2017.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS Home.png

New Gee dubya home - charcoal back kills the clash with Hawthorn and all but removes the need for the Hawks to have a clash...

Hawthorn Away.png

Hawthorn away - basically what Cody had

Hawthorn Clash.png

As a white strip is no longer necessary as a result of GWS fixing their clash creating piece of shit, this is the new Hawks clash strip.

Next season:

• Western Bulldogs 120th year in existence
• 120 years since Essendon's, and the VFL/AFLs, first flag
• The Adelaide Crows' first flag will have been 20 years ago
• The 20th season of the combined Fitzroy Football Club-Brisbane Bears, 'Brisbane Lions'

Right? Just had a quick skim there. Not a huge amount of scope really, every jumper from those times is basically being used now (it feels nice saying that).

Hawthorn Hawks
Alright, first up with the home:
- Removed fangs
- Watermarked monogram
- Sharper colours
- Yellow socks
- Removed back stripes for cleaner look
View attachment 229704
I couldn't help myself but want to see the Hawks continue to wear their home jumper with white shorts.
View attachment 229705

Away:
Simple invert of home, except monogram is too stand out.
-Worn with brown shorts only
View attachment 229707

Clash:
-:p;)
View attachment 229711
all look fantastic, but i still cant figure out why teams need a white jumper if there reversible jumpers don't clash with any other club.
I have always been a fan that every team wears their main jumper then a reversible jumper if there is a clash

View attachment 229765

New Gee dubya home - charcoal back kills the clash with Hawthorn and all but removes the need for the Hawks to have a clash...
Not to mention the clash with Sydney at every Battle.
all look fantastic, but i still cant figure out why teams need a white jumper if there reversible jumpers don't clash with any other club.
I have always been a fan that every team wears their main jumper then a reversible jumper if there is a clash
My only criticism is that that doesn't really work for clubs that have three colours. What would St Kildas guernsey be reversed to? Same goes for GWS, Port, Adelaide etc

Not to mention the clash with Sydney at every Battle.

My only criticism is that that doesn't really work for clubs that have three colours. What would St Kildas guernsey be reversed to? Same goes for GWS, Port, Adelaide etc
obviously if white is part of their jumper they can use that as a secondary colour

good work posters.
I would love for someone to update the suns home jumper with a minor addition to bring in some blue (like our club song says!)
something simple like some blue between the red and yellow sides, or perhaps some blue/yellow on the front logo etc.

I don't think the suns will change their new 2nd jumper for at least a few years. but the home is surely due for an upgrade, even if minor

Next season:

• Western Bulldogs 120th year in existence
• 120 years since Essendon's, and the VFL/AFLs, first flag
• The Adelaide Crows' first flag will have been 20 years ago
• The 20th season of the combined Fitzroy Football Club-Brisbane Bears, 'Brisbane Lions'
This year is the Brisbane Lions' 20th season, same as Port.

What (free) programs do you guys use. I'm looking at venturing into making my own designs but I've never had the proper tools to do so.

I would love to see someone put up a template our current (red) away jumper with matching blue shorts.

What (free) programs do you guys use. I'm looking at venturing into making my own designs but I've never had the proper tools to do so.

I would love to see someone put up a template our current (red) away jumper with matching blue shorts.

Any of Paint.NET, GIMP or Inkscape are all free programs that are a step up from MS Paint which can be used to create guernseys

View attachment 229765

View attachment 229766

Hawthorn away - basically what Cody had

View attachment 229764

As a white strip is no longer necessary as a result of GWS fixing their clash creating piece of shit, this is the new Hawks clash strip.
Like the Hawks ones. Will probably never happen but I'd be happy with brown as home and stripes as away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back