Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see a combination of retro & heritage round next year.

I feel it would be nice to see some biff in the classic kits.

Below is an example of what could be, more to come soon...

Brisbane vs Gold Coast

For Brisbane I decided to keep it simple and go with the OG Bears look, as I feel like this hasn't been used since it was binned. As for the Suns, I felt an ode to the Southport Sharks history of football on the Gold Coast would be fitting. Incorporating the classic AFLQ logo as well as mix of the sharks 'V' design along with their magpies history with stripes subtly added in the background to pay respects without causing any issues with the sensitive Collingwood crowd.

Secondly, the biggest rivalry of them all. I think we can all agree it would look amazing to see these 2 powerhouse clubs (and fanbases) battling it out in front of 90k+ people at the G in these retro kits.

For the baggers I have used their older CFC monogram purely because I feel it isn't as used and needs some love, I have made the collar a 'yolk' colour as a hint to their very first jumpers and previous heritage jumpers.

As for the Pies, I have made a return to the white with black stripes. As it acts as a perfect clash to Carltons navy blue. The jumper as a whole draws inspiration from the style worn from 1960-1975 with the additional pin stripes aside of the main stripes.

Dons Vs Hok

Another great rivalry.

Essendon's kit take inspiration from their 1996 heritage jumper. There isn't a whole lot to work with, with Essendon's jumpers being mainly black with a red sash throughout their history. I think that the red cuffs and collars is traditional enough while also bringing a fresh take that supporters would enjoy. Red shorts would complete the look but I think considering they are versing the Hawks, black is more suitable.

HokBall takes inspiration from the jumpers worn from 75-05 as there are no stripes on the back of the jumper and also features the retro logo. Not much to say about the Poo's & Wee's as a Geelong supporter, it was tough not to match them up against my mighty Cats. But we will save them for later.

Swans vs Giants. The battle of the bridge they say.

As tempting as it was to bring back the hoops, I decided to bring back the 97' pre season jumper. A very unique blend of design elements that I think would sell well to the current supporters. Nothing much has changed from the original but it would be nice to see it back in action.

GWS was a bit tricky as they don't have too much history to really work with. I would like to do some research to see if there is a local team with history in the area that pre dates the AFL expansion (similar to Southport for GC) but im a bit lazy and wanted to bring back the OG 2010 'Team GWS' kit. I was tempted to recreate the kit in the current charcoal and orange colourway but I think blue is a better clash to the swans red & its more true to the original design. Rather then add the 'team GSW' script below the V, I thought it was more fitting (and looked better) to add the Giants 'G' in its place and a tie between where they started and where they are now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back