Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for the feedback. The design is awkward, but I've been sitting on it / mucking around with it for awhile and it's grown on me somewhat (I've got used to it).
It started out with this idea as a workaround for the whole Collingwood black and white stripes argument. This also has some potential, but naturally enough it looked somewhat incomplete;

View attachment 2036040

I wonder if you did the teal line on the front as a white line instead. Then filled in below that with all teal. Could look cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't remember if it was a dream, or if someone told me last night that Essendon are signing with Puma in 2025. Was bored so I made a mock-up of what their 2025 home jumper could look like.
View attachment 2034694
Puma have fantastic looking onfield strips kind of hoping my team the hawks will go back to a major brand wanting to sponser them now they are on the rise again , not a big wrap for the ISC gear especially our home guernsey looks amateurish with those different stripe widths .

IMG_6321.gif IMG_6322.png IMG_6323.png
IMG_6324.jpeg

not sure if this has been done, but since my photoshop skills are horrible. i would love to see the essendon logo get given the melbourne storm/manchester united treatment. perhaps two versions, one with the normal red and a second one with a highlighter red sorta color. pretty much a monochromatic version of their current logo. would really up date their logo like storm did with theirs.

Do all clubs in puma 😻
Big agree, probably the best manufacturer going around right now. Nice collar, unobtrusive template, good logo on the jumpers, nice material, hard to fault them in any way at all. When I did my Ideal AFL portfolio back in 2021 I used them as the manufacturer cause they’d easily be the best choice. What I’d do for a Puma Port jumper…

Enjoy Puma while it's here because we all know how cyclical the AFL footy jumper industry is. you're lucky to have a jumper sponsor for more than a few years.

I'm surprised the league don't get an official onfield apparrel privider, like the NBA.

Deal then shared back to clubs. Clubs then get off field apparel partners.

I'm surprised the league don't get an official onfield apparrel privider, like the NBA.

Deal then shared back to clubs. Clubs then get off field apparel partners.
There’s a few reasons why I don’t think that can necessarily work out in the AFL.
Nike put their eggs in the NBA basket because they have hopes that basketball can become the biggest sport across the globe in a similar vein to soccer. Basketball easily has the biggest global reach and appeal of the big 4 US sports but it isn’t quite at soccer’s level by any means. Footy doesn’t really have the potential to do that.
I wouldn’t say this is a basketball vs footy thing, it’s more of a US sports vs Australian sports thing. We just don’t have the reach to be able to sell uniforms across the globe so there isn’t an incentive for a company to splash big on the contract. US sports have a tendency to see players move around a lot and people want a player’s jersey more than a team’s jersey. Either that or they want the jersey of a guy who’s currently on their team than one who just left. As such, the potential for repeat customers as a percentage of all sales would be much lower if I had to guess.
Nike also splashed big so they’d be able to put their logo on the uniforms (which Adidas never did, at least in game). The AFL has already had this for quite a while, and clubs are probably enjoying the fact that they’re now allowed to sell that space to other sponsors. I doubt they’ll want to pass up on that opportunity.
Another thing that people have been critical of Nike for doing is all these alternate kits that don’t really have much of a connection to the actual team. Some of them might look cool but on the whole I think the quality of alternate kits has been trending down slightly since the 2017 ones that had a bit more of an obvious connection to the teams and their cities. The problem is Nike needs to keep innovating and creating more designs that people will hopefully want to buy. I don’t think that’s a trend we should follow in the AFL. If individual clubs want to innovate then by all means go for it, but Collingwood’s fans as an example will overwhelmingly be opposed to having a flashy and bright design forced on to them.
As an aside, I don’t really trust the AFL to go with the best possible option. Puma have gone hard at local footy where the clubs pay them to produce the jumpers whereas they would have to pay the AFL to make AFL jumpers. Cotton On would be alright (I love their retail material) but wouldn’t be eye catching and if they went the Nike or Adidas route I could see them not putting much care into the operation.
This post probably comes off as extremely pessimistic, that’s my bad and I wasn’t intending for that, but that’s just the reasons why I don’t think it’d ever happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back