Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

This is probably the first film Liman has finished since Go, assuming he didn't have his arse kicked off it like on The Bourne Identity and Mr and Mrs Smith, but the end product speaks volumes.

Apparently a prize looney who can't make decisions and slips miles behind on every day of shooting.

I'm going to go against the trend, I actually thought it was ok.

Some of the acting was bad, Hayden Christenson kind of annoyed me, as did Rachel Bilson but apart from that I thought the concept was good, the special effects were pretty good and some of the shots of things like the Pyramids and especially the colosseum is worth the admission price alone.

It could have been done better obviously, but I think some of the criticm goes too far. A good fun movie imo. 6/10.

Just my two cents.

for a movie on such a big budget you'd think they could have cast a better lead actor.

I actually heard they were going to go with an unknown kind of actor but a week before they started shooting they thought they'd go after a "bigger name". On reflection, probably not a good idea.

I even read somewhere Eminem was considered for the role :eek:

I actually heard they were going to go with an unknown kind of actor but a week before they started shooting they thought they'd go after a "bigger name". On reflection, probably not a good idea.

I even read somewhere Eminem was considered for the role :eek:

Teresa Palmer was originally cast as Millie but got dumped 2 weeks before filming. She would of been wayyy better than Bilson who as wooden as wood. Also forced Annasophia Robb (who is a dead ringer for Palmer when she grows up) to change her hair to brunette to be able to play young Millie.

Despite reading this topic beforehand I ended up paying to see this film on Tuesday :eek: I was walking around and ended up near the cinema and thought "why the **** not?". I wouldn't say I regret my decision to see it, but if I hadn't known it was shit beforehand I would of been really let down.

The simplest way to describe the film is to say that it's pretty awful. Mostly because it has about 393848484 plot holes. And besides some religious mentionings ("Only God should have the power to jump!" or something along those lines) as to why the bad guys are bad nothing gets explained.

It's just sad. Especially since the premise of people being able to jump anywhere is a really interesting one but somehow they ****ed it up.

I've got no ****ing idea how it cost US$85 million to make.

Also, did anyone else notice that the actress playing young Millie also played present Millie's mum? At US$85 million surely they could have hired one more person!?!?! :confused:

some of the shots of things like the Pyramids and especially the colosseum is worth the admission price alone.

Meh, except for the scenes in the Colosseum and some outdoor scenes in Ann Arbor everything was filmed in Ontario, so most of the "famous landmarks" is just the actors in front of blue screens.

I'm going to go against the trend, I actually thought it was ok.

Some of the acting was bad, Hayden Christenson kind of annoyed me, as did Rachel Bilson but apart from that I thought the concept was good, the special effects were pretty good and some of the shots of things like the Pyramids and especially the colosseum is worth the admission price alone.

It could have been done better obviously, but I think some of the criticm goes too far. A good fun movie imo. 6/10.

Just my two cents.

He He - I liked it as well. Agreed the acting was questionable but aside from that it was no too bad.

Meh, except for the scenes in the Colosseum and some outdoor scenes in Ann Arbor everything was filmed in Ontario, so most of the "famous landmarks" is just the actors in front of blue screens.

Yeah but even so, they were spectacular shots.

Jafa said:
He He - I liked it as well. Agreed the acting was questionable but aside from that it was no too bad.

Good to have someone agree with me. It seems most critics hate it, but there are plenty of people on imdb etc.. that seem to think it was pretty good.

the movie was alright to me it was jst the fact that it was short nd when it ended i was like was that all that was short iexpected it to be a 2hr movie but the chick is hot forgot her nme :D:D:D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon?
The colloseum was the colloseum. But the pyramids scenes looked really fake.

This film had no redeeming features

What do you mean by fake, green screen? They were all shot on location..

CS: Did you have to shoot any of the locations and then shoot the actors on green screen then put them together at any time?

Liman: No, we just went and did it. There's no green screen in Tokyo. I mean, obviously, the car couldn't teleport so there's some visual FX work, but that's all real. We really put Hayden Christensen in a car and drove the car 80 miles an hour through the streets of Toyko.

..Liman: I made it easy on him (Hayden Christenson), because we actually physically went to the real places. He didn't have to imagine what it was like to be in the Roman Colosseum, he physically was there.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=41797

Re: the pyramids looking fake...

How was shooting in Rome and Cairo for this movie?

Liman: This was by far the most challenging of any of the shooting that I've ever done because these were the most extreme locations. We didn't just shoot in Rome and Cairo. I shot in places like that on 'Bourne' as well. We shot in The Coliseum and we shot on the Pyramids. These are like sacred monuments and we're doing massive action sequences on them. It’s ultimately remarkable how many different parts of the world and how many different cultures worked with us and allowed us to shoot this movie because it wasn't about the money. We'd come in and they'd say, 'You can't do it this way. This isn't how it's done in this country.' We ultimately would find a way to work together. We did that in eleven different countries, countries under military dictatorships and we worked under a crazed Japanese sort of strict rule abiding environments and in remote arctic regions. All of these people went above and beyond the call of duty which ultimately allowed us to do things that have never been done before.

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-1-1-with-doug-liman-on-jumper-3896
"Doug and (producer/co-writer) Simon (Kinberg) and I made a decision pretty early about wanting a movie about teleportation to have some authenticity and not feel like some special effects extravaganza," said Lucas Foster, one of the film's producers. "We wanted people who had been to those places or who live there to go: 'Wow, they really went there. That is Shibuya. That is the Colosseum. For real, and it's not some digital version.' We were willing to sacrifice other things to have that."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr..._location/e3i939be0e2597fa2cdedb523c14108c88d

Thats what saved the movie for me, the stunning shots. otherwise I would have given it about a 4/10. But the visuals added at least 2 stars.

Saw this movie yesterday, have no idea wtf it was meant to be, but any movie where Rachel freaking Bilson is your best actor is always going to struggle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back