Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you think the Eagles didnt cut him loose three years ago?

Because your list is a binfire.

Don’t even take that the wrong way, every west coast fan with two working brain cells is the first to admit that. It’s just where your list is at.

Why would you have cut him three years ago?

West coast aren’t averse to players who get in trouble, you had no need to cull players

Because it’s a punt that Port are taking that he will recapture his form from a few years ago. If he was in career best form now, he’d cost a lot more in trade.
What would Willie’s value be if he played the football we all know he’s capable of since 2018? Then deduct from there.

Does not owe west coast a thing! It’s a business good on him.

Correct. And on the same token WC don't owe him a thing by accepting a token pick. A 3rd or 4th rounder is completely useless to them.

Port will have to cough up something decent or Clarko will get a free Rioli

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does not owe west coast a thing! It’s a business good on him.

Bullshit. The club stuck by him for 2 and a half years through multiple incidents, providing income, psychological, legal and club support with players, coaches and officials all visiting him on the Tiwi Islands. If WCE had of cut him the moment he was cited for tampering he wouldn't even be in the AFL system now let alone looking at a 4 year contract. He probably would have had someone go to give him a shot but the moment he got caught taking weed through the airport any other club would have wiped their hands right then.

Now in regards to Ryan Daniels being wrong, I am certain it's because the WCE were 100% confident Rioli would sign after they matched the years on the Richmond offer and were completely blindsided by Port.

We probably paid him for 2 years while he wasn't playing footy due to failing a drug test, looked after his welfare etc. I don't think many players would leave under the same circumstances.
Probably not! But needs to look after himself and get a good final contract you can’t blame him

Correct. And on the same token WC don't owe him a thing by accepting a token pick. A 3rd or 4th rounder is completely useless to them.

Port will have to cough up something decent or Clarko will get a free Rioli

Not a snowballs hope in Hell of Clarkson picking up an indigenous player who wants to be elsewhere and is on a contract that possibly defies common-sense.

It's a deal where the only winner is going to be Rioli for mine.

Port and the Eagles will work something out I'm sure but it won't be anything meaningful.

Bullshit. The club stuck by him for 2 and a half years through multiple incidents, providing income, psychological, legal and club support with players, coaches and officials all visiting him on the Tiwi Islands. If WCE had of cut him the moment he was cited for tampering he wouldn't even be in the AFL system now let alone looking at a 4 year contract. He probably would have had someone go to give him a shot but the moment he got caught taking weed through the airport any other club would have wiped their hands right then.

Now in regards to Ryan Daniels being wrong, I am certain it's because the WCE were 100% confident Rioli would sign after they matched the years on the Richmond offer and were completely blindsided by Port.
Why then in his interview w ch7 this arvo did he say he feels “uncomfortable” at wc if the club provided so much support and understanding?

After supporting him for 2 years after everything, this is poor from Rioli. Clubs often get accused of being brutal, and rightly so, but this is right up there. Hope the Eagles play hard ball.
Heard him being door stopped today, has 2 young kids and this is his chance to secure his and their future. You can’t begrudge him even though it sucks losing a player.

Ageee fundamentally he’s worth close to a 2nd based on talent hwr it’s quite a complex equation for both clubs. Has the potential to burn either party pretty easily
If this is a 100% commercial decision then I hope West Coast will give him a better offer and he re-signs. Wouldn't be the first time that its happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Junior Rioli (West Coast) - [to Port Adelaide in multi-club trade]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back