NeoBlaze

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC, Everton
i agree with most of the sentiments on the board with how we played, we were still a long way from our best however, the things I just noticed were one:

The reason why Watt gets caught out so much is because he has unbelievablely poor agility and relies on his straight line running too much which you can't do in AFL footy

Simpson and Harding are the two worst kickers in the entire game, and probable the worst you will ever see

Clayton should be playing netball, however still seems to get the ball

We were murdered in the middle, and Porter is nothing he was hyped up to be, best of best scenario is we get an average ruckman out of him....

Baird is ready to stake a claim as one of the best defenders in the league, i was sceptical as to whether he'd be able to hold down a key position, let alone nick riewoldt (although he did look rather flat)

makepeace is a bonafide star, king, grant, sinclair and wells are our best ball carriers

the game proved that we were really too tall, we had no crumbers at all for us and that's where st.kilda murdered us

xavier clarke is a brilliant brilliant talent!

Brown is not a forward, and Petrie is truly exceptional, how could we not give him a game!!!

Jeremy Clayton was very well respected after he buried St.K in the praccy, didn't get anywhere near it, but tried hard which i liked to see

Brady Rawlings was fantastic, Colbert looked sharp and Rocca looked way off it....

Drop a Tall next week {Rocca comes to mind..} Bring in a small.. Watson or Harris- maybe Jones - dependin on how he goes (or went) for Port Melbourne this week.. {I am assumin he isnt injured- just not in form}

Edit: What am I talking about? Just bring in Jnr:D He's got to come in anyway..

Go Roos

I think the most important thing to think about is the futility of judging players on 1 game. A young side, and young players will have their up weeks and their down weeks, and IMO not a huge amount should be read into the performances, good or otherwise, of players today.

I'll leave the Porter comment aside other than to say I strongly disagree with your views on his value to the club.

Moomba

Re: Re: just things to think about...

Originally posted by moomba
I think the most important thing to think about is the futility of judging players on 1 game.

I'll leave the Porter comment aside other than to say I strongly disagree with your views on his value to the club.

Moomba

;) ;) ;)

Originally posted by NeoBlaze
the game proved that we were really too tall, we had no crumbers at all for us and that's where st.kilda murdered us

St.Kilda's crumbers were bloody quiet in the last quarter, whilst the North talls grabbed a few marks up forward and nabbed a couple of goals. As they say, as a game goes on, the small players lose their run, the tall players still stay tall.

However, I've got no idea how we'll fit Burton into the team next week. If it's Burton in for J. Clayton, then I reckon we might be too tall.

Re: Re: just things to think about...

Originally posted by Shinboners
St.Kilda's crumbers were bloody quiet in the last quarter, whilst the North talls grabbed a few marks up forward and nabbed a couple of goals. As they say, as a game goes on, the small players lose their run, the tall players still stay tall.

However, I've got no idea how we'll fit Burton into the team next week. If it's Burton in for J. Clayton, then I reckon we might be too tall.

We were too tall yesterday... needed one more small player- DMotlop coming in will be good {I hope he comes in}.. however- not for JClayton- and Burton has to come in as well.

JMO

Go Roos

Originally posted by tashibatts
We were too tall yesterday... needed one more small player- DMotlop coming in will be good {I hope he comes in}.. however- not for JClayton- and Burton has to come in as well.

JMO

Go Roos

Totally agree ppl....We are definately One Tall too many.
Huge dilemma for JYD... Sav needs more run into his legs so I'd leave him out instead of having him wasting away on the pine

Sav's 200th will have to wait IMO

J.Clayton shouldn't be sacrificed. Where's D Harris ?

the one point i really agree with if you have the talls contesting for the mark you definitely need a good crumber at the fall of the ball, harding runs hot or cold, jnr is not the answer here as i see him as more of a ball runner than a crumber,

With Baird and Brown becoming regulars this year, Hale knocking on the door and Macca an unknown, the selectors are going to have to make some tough decisions. Especially with Arch and Spider to come back.

That`s where we`ve improved over last year. We have more depth both in the air and on the ground. Injuries might make things a little easier selection wise. It`s a long season, so if I knew a certain player was carrying an injury that would be better for an easier hit out, I`d play him in the magoos to get it right. That`s providing we`re in the finals mix. It`s an interesting dituation and the selectors aren`t going to please everyone no matter what they do.

Originally posted by Dingster
It`s an interesting situation and the selectors aren`t going to please everyone no matter what they do.

With JYD being JYD, I think we'll be far less predictable than under Pagan so as Dingster says, not going to please everyone at selection time.

I'm sure JYD has more gameplan dimensions than the former with more options ! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if rocca is dropped this week , i will bare my ass on bourke st
, the guy has kicked 100 + goals in the last 2 seasons, but saying that we do have a dilema reguarrding our talls , the other change in the line up for next week imo will be a straight swap with j.clayton and d.motlop

Originally posted by theox
if rocca is dropped this week , i will bare my ass on bourke st

i will join you ... we looked far better in the 3rd quarter because he provided a leading target for our midfield (and then proceeded to drop the mark:D ).

But when he gets his marking touch back he will be good for 3-4 a week.

Remove this Banner Ad

just things to think about...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back