Just this once ...

Who for Barry Hall and why?

• Matthew LLOYD (will have Glass as a match up)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quinten LYNCH (will battle Fletcher, Lucas & Mal)

• Brad JOHNSON (has struggled in recent weeks)

• Matthew RICHARDSON (never know what you get)

• Russell ROBERTSON (playing Carlton, weak backline)

• Justin KOSI (more time in ruck with no Clarke)

• Jarrad WAITE (does he want to win)

• Brad OTTENS (scored 150 last week, no Charman)

• Fraser GEHRIG (Plays well vs Tigers, unreliable)

• Jeff FARMER (scored well the past few weeks)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 15, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I usually don't make a thread specific to my team, but as I often offer advise and suggestions, I thought being Grand Final week I will ask one bit of advice about my team. All thoughts and suggestins appreciated :thumbsu:

Who should I get for Barry Hall and why?

In exactly the same position and also the first time I asked for advice (on the main thread). Throw Hird in the options too (for me that is).

Apparently WC vs Ess games don't produce many high scores.

Already got BJ, but he's one of the the most consistent scorers out there so if you don't have him then get him.
It's partly down to luck in picking the foward that has a good game. Richo can produce a 130, but is just as likely to produce 50.

My opponent has Lloyd and Johnson and for those reasons I was trying to stay clear of them.

Thought I would try and gain an advantage rather than just break even.

Still appreciate the ideas. Keep them coming :thumbsu:

yeah - but u want the highest scorer out of these guys huh?! if that is BJ (in my opinion, and others)... then wouldnt you want to go for him?? otherwise you would be getting less points?? i dont know.. i honestly think he is the most likely to score 100+ out of them.. some others might have the potential to score more, but with less consistancy than the big BJ!

yeah - but u want the highest scorer out of these guys huh?! if that is BJ (in my opinion, and others)... then wouldnt you want to go for him?? otherwise you would be getting less points?? i dont know.. i honestly think he is the most likely to score 100+ out of them.. some others might have the potential to score more, but with less consistancy than the big BJ!

What you say has alot or merit.

It's just Johnson has not pulled in a 100+ for a few weeks and has struggled a bit.

I was leaning towards Lynch early in the week, but have gone off him a bit since Fletcher is back. Robbo is also a smokey.

Richo leading poll at this stage ... why do people suggest him. Who will play on him from the saints? Sam Fisher?

Richo leading poll at this stage ... why do people suggest him. Who will play on him from the saints? Sam Fisher?
Exactly. Who have the Saints got to match up on him?
Richo's last 4 weeks:
106, 90, 117, 130
Rd 22 last year: scored 189.
Wouldn't normally recommend a hack like Richo - but this seems like the time to take a punt if you need to.
BJ doesn't average as well against the Roos (nor do many of the Dogs players)
It sure is a punt though.

On that List, BJ is the class, but hasn't been up to it lately. Can you risk this in the GF? I would go for Richoman OR Lynch. I don't care that Lynch is up against Essendon/Mal/Fletcher, he's taking a lot of marks on the lead at CHF and will have plently of supply coming in. He has biggest scoring potential IMO, but it's out of those two for me.

Okeefe
Pavlich
Riewoldt
Brown
Gablett
Chapman
STEVE JOHNSON

If you don't have anyof those from that list.

If I could afford any of them they would be on the list.

Already have S.Johnson. All the other out of my price range. Remember this is Barry Hall im trading ... he hardly worth much this season :thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in the team sheets Barry Hall is listed as playing...

why do they play mind games with us!

Frustrating isnt it. Surely he won't play considering they ruled him out very early in week and he has hardly trained this week. Even f he is still named tonight I think I wll trade him. I don't have any emergencies in my forwards and he is likely to be a late change.

At this stage it looks like its between Richo and B.Johnson. Form would say Richo. He has still scored 100+ the past 4 weeks despite getting 4-6 clangers in those games. Can't see who could hold him from the saints backs. S.Fisher will probably play on him, but not big or strong enough for Richo.

Looks like S.Fisher will get the job according to this article on saints website from Tuesday....

Lyon isn’t expecting an easy day at the office on Saturday, despite Richmond being on the bottom of the AFL ladder. The Tigers have hit arguably their best form of the season in recent weeks, with Lyon suggesting Brett Deledio, Nathan Foley and Richard Tambling could prove tough to stop if given too much latitude this weekend.

And Saints defender Sam Fisher – who is likely to get the job – would need to closely monitor key forward Matthew Richardson, who Lyon had nothing but praise for after seeing him first-hand during his time as an assistant at the Tigers.

“He’s a monster athlete,” Lyon said.

“He’s a very special player and we’re all lucky to watch him play.”

http://www.saints.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=5315&newsId=49947

I usually don't make a thread specific to my team, but as I often offer advise and suggestions, I thought being Grand Final week I will ask one bit of advice about my team. All thoughts and suggestins appreciated :thumbsu:

Who should I get for Barry Hall and why?

After all the posts and replies, who are you leaning towards mate? Richo?

After all the posts and replies, who are you leaning towards mate? Richo?

Well its still a tough one between Richo and B.J

Richo with his 100+ the last few weeks ... he has had close to 20 disposals, 15 marks and a goal or two the past few weeks, yet still gets just over 100. Way too way clangers 3-6 a week on average.

Positive for Richo is that he has the potential to score a big one with these stats and his form. Would all come down to the clangers. Also playing on S.Fisher who I don't think will stop him. Only concern is Richmond have to get the ball down to him.

B.Johnson is a proven scorer over a long period of time, but his recent few weeks have been average. He has only kicked 2 goals in the past 4 weeks and last week only played 1 good qtr which boosted his numbers.

As a mentioned earlier my opponent has B.Johnson so do I just break even, or do I go Richo as a bit of a wildcard and hope he has a big one and Johnno has a shocker.

Bottom line is a still don't know :eek:

I reckon Richo will outscore BJ... BJ won't star. If you go BJ and he does no good, well, you've gained nothing given you know your opponent has him. Richo's form warrants selection for me.

Whatever way I go will be the wrong way.

Richo would have to have a clanger fere game though.

SC right?
His first quarter was very quiet, but if he kicks the match-winner for the Tiges then that should boost his stats a little ;)

Yeah S.C.

Richo played a decent game footy wise, just not good for supercoach with a couple of frees against and at least 1 out on full.

Im spewing. I started a thread 2 weeks ago about the G-train and how he always does well against the tigers and was anyone considering him.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Hope its does not cost me to much :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Just this once ...

Back