Coach Justin Longmuir

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Hird forever radioactive? At some stage he'd have to have a chance to mend fences.

But geez radioactive is putting it mildly!

If Josh Carr is continually being talked up, does he want to come back to WA. Isnt his wife\SO a SA girl and thats why he burned us and went back to Port?
Does his exit with Freo last time make him persona non-grata?

This left field candidate is really interesting?

Herd needs to work his way up again Be an assistant or coach a state team.

Word is you guys will be getting a mystery coach. He will never be revealed to the public/Players or coaching staff . In the coaches box he will be hidden behind a box giving instructions to his assistants and players via Facebook Messenger.
Like the Dentist add. I like it. Never shows his face in public. Just the back of head. His voice is encrypted like a criminal demanding a ransom. Could actually work. One thing for sure the mystery coach would never appear on 6PR.

Word is you guys will be getting a mystery coach. He will never be revealed to the public/Players or coaching staff . In the coaches box he will be hidden behind a box giving instructions to his assistants and players via Facebook Messenger.
we'll still be able to work it out though based on his short stature and that idiot ringing a bell everytime he walks by.

Simon Black
Maybe they should send the candidates all to Fiji Survivor style. Last man standing wins the job. The mystery candidate an intruder added to the island in the last week. Definitely worth seeing Josh Carr and Dean Solomon ruling the roost on an isolated Island. Having a Korean host with a feathered cap will be interesting as well.

My guess would be Scott Burns. If he really wants to coach, why would you restrict yourself to one option?
Particularly if RTB is keen on Adelaide, he may be concerned.

Why do we tolerate you?

Tbh I'd be more excited if Carr got the job, I have a bad feeling about JLo.

The board/panel would have to tease out whether Justin Longmuir can coach in his own right and can co-ordinate his assistants to that end.

They would need to be convinced that he can handle the rigours of media and member negativity to ward himself on the back of poor team on field performances.

There seems to be no doubt as to his footy intellect and role coaching given the positive references.

Josh Carr has plenty behind him but we know little of his public persona being in SA. Very good positive references (if any) may have a very big bearing on Josh's application along with a good presentation/interrogation

Dean Solomon it is said is very good in coach to player relationship and has stood firm with a club that has copped a lot of criticism and scrutiny, not as head coach though. Like Longmuir Solomon could be described as a modern day systems coach. Solo only had a brief stint coaching in his own right as HC.

Imop Sumich is by far the most knowledgable, experienced and successful as a player and as an assistant coach and coach of lower grade. However, he is old school in many aspects of his coaching style and whether his fault or not he has a polarising effect on members and supporters seemingly through his public demeanour.

Whether agree or disagree, they all have strengths and question marks. The panel really do need to assess whether the question marks/weaknesses could be covered and improved through ongoing development within a certain time frame if chosen.

One thing I found interesting about how this process has unfolded, imop sometimes you need to select your panel members after you have gained an idea of who your candidates are going to be. I wonder if they knew that they would only have mainly untried candidates beforehand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually probably via 6pr

One of Longmuir hobbies is getting in the garage to build tables and bits of furniture, with the 38-year-old finding tinkering with a hammer and nail takes his mind off football.
However the furniture is so good the soon-to-return Matt Scharenberg was motivated to buy an outdoor table off his assistant coach, although Longmuir said the talented defender got such a good deal he virtually stole it.
In an era of rebuilds, renovations and restumping, having a knack with a hammer and nail might not be the worst skill for a coach to have. But more importantly, the tale tells of the relationships Longmuir has built with Collingwood's defenders in his relatively short time at the club.
Snap Shot just hopes Scharenberg, who is in line for selection this week after several VFL games as he returns from his third knee reconstruction, doesn't have to worry for one second about the legs on the piece of outdoor furniture that Longmuir built.

Does anyone recall the potshots longmuir took when he was appointed at westcoast

mainly regarding how much more resources were available at wce and how that would correlate to better success?

I am little surprised at the hesitation now on JL, though I take the point that appointed coaches were always highly regarded prior to getting a gig so I dont think that in itself is the indicator you want.

Do I understand correctly that JL was at 2 clubs seperate clubs that went to a GF, Collingwood and WC? Was he with us when we went to the big dance.

I rate being involved in multiple clubs that get to the big dance a lot higher than winning one flag tbh. There are a lot of factors that go into winning on the day, if Sheed misses that shot last year does JLs stocks suddenly go higher? Shouldnt really, what should be taken into account is that he was involved in both the forwardline at WC and defense at Collingwood for clubs that made a Granny. I think what's he's done with Collingwoods defense has been exceptional given what they've had down there for most of the year.

One thing that does annoy me with this whole process is that for whatever reason, we've only really been linked with ex-freo employees. This indicates one or all of the following
a) Media have no ****ing idea and just link us with ex-people for the sake of it
b) Only ex-freo players want to come to us
c) Only ex-freo players were realistically wanted.

The fact we dont seem to have even been in the running for Burns who would have to be rated AT LEAST as highly as JL is irritating. We need the club get to the point where people in the industry actively want to join us

Does anyone recall the potshots longmuir took when he was appointed at westcoast

mainly regarding how much more resources were available at wce and how that would correlate to better success?
When will you mention the potshots you alluded to, or were you thinking that Fremantle is the better resourced club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back