USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait what?

Zero hedge had an article looking at various polls post the debate that show a jump in support for The Donald.

I'm not surprised at all.

This ain't over yet folks.

Havesumadat!!!!
After the debate you were all doom and gloom. But now you say you're not surprised over some alleged poll boosts for Trump.

This shows that for you ideology trumps observation, and that you're unwilling to critically analyse your sources and their polling.

When you say you are "well educated", do you actually mean "I was stuck down a well the day they taught us logic"?

538 are saying similar

The aggregate has come in to 2.8% but most polls are also +4 for Harris

There must be a few ' spin room ' polls thrown in

On 538 they try and spot political influence and even one of the RED pollsters has Harris ahead by +3

After the debate you were all doom and gloom. But now you say you're not surprised over some alleged poll boosts for Trump.

This shows that for you ideology trumps observation, and that you're unwilling to critically analyse your sources and their polling.

When you say you are "well educated", do you actually mean "I was stuck down a well the day they taught us logic"?

Fair points. A lot of my like for Trump is that he infuriates a lot of lefties - Trump has an ego and is self centred - I know all that. I expect it. He doesn't try and hide it.

Politicians, and in some respects lefties in general, like Harris are the opposite - they are equally as self-centred and selfish but play like they are for the battler and the downtrodden.

The Donald is still in the fight.

Fair points. A lot of my like for Trump is that he infuriates a lot of lefties - Trump has an ego and is self centred - I know all that. I expect it. He doesn't try and hide it.

Politicians, and in some respects lefties in general, like Harris are the opposite - they are equally as self-centred and selfish but play like they are for the battler and the downtrodden.

Do you have a poster of Nicky Jam on your bedroom wall? Trump reckons she is hot.

A lot of my like for Trump is that he infuriates a lot of lefties
You could have stopped there

While I dont think its a valid criticism 8 years on I can kinda understand immature people still thinking like this

The Mo Bros or the Chad and let us not forget the Incel all think like this and listen to Rogan and Tate non-stop to affirm their manliness

But good luck on having a fully matured outlook on life

self-centred and selfish but play like they are for the battler and the downtrodden.
How is this the opposite of Trump? I'm not sure you could describe him better if you tried.

Two of Trump's main achievements were cutting taxes overwhelmingly in favour of corporations and the wealthy, and installing 3 pro corporate, anti citizen stooges to SCOTUS as well as many similar judicial appointments in lower courts.

Democrats are also majority pro corporate, special interests over anything else, but at least some of what they do addresses structural issues and longer lasting relief for the lower, middle class.

Wait what?

Zero hedge had an article looking at various polls post the debate that show a jump in support for The Donald.

I'm not surprised at all.

This ain't over yet folks.

Havesumadat!!!!
Its certainly not over.

But 'various polls' as curated by ZeroHedge, you might as well be getting your political analysis from the back of a cereal box. Did they include the NewsMax one with Trump winning 93% to 7% in their averages by any chance? :tearsofjoy:

This post to me says you’re so alienated from society and disillusioned with politics that you would put your own subjectivity above the rights of others.

Is there a twang of empathy for the minorities that cop the backlash from his racist vitriol?

How is this the opposite of Trump? I'm not sure you could describe him better if you tried.

Two of Trump's main achievements were cutting taxes overwhelmingly in favour of corporations and the wealthy, and installing 3 pro corporate, anti citizen stooges to SCOTUS as well as many similar judicial appointments in lower courts.

Democrats are also majority pro corporate, special interests over anything else, but at least some of what they do addresses structural issues and longer lasting relief for the lower, middle class.
He proudly disrespects the democratic process and then complains about ‘self centred and selfish’ people being elected - you can only ‘gaslight’ the ignorant, whether it be involuntary or by temperament.

Bernie Sanders has an anti-establishment ideology.

Fancy worshipping a guy that has to phone up radio stations, incognito, to boast about famous women he is bedding (not). Long way from the American male that looked up to ‘salt of the earth’ icons; Gary Cooper, John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

Last edited:
This post to me says you’re so alienated from society and disillusioned with politics that you would put your own subjectivity above the rights of others.

Is there a twang of empathy for the minorities that cop the backlash from his racist vitriol?
The joy of observing the suffering of others comes from the observer's feeling that the other's failure represents an improvement or validation of their own group's status in relation to minority groups.

For those less academically inclined - WADSFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I kinda think there are more important motivations to seize onto for one's political choices.

I can see what you are saying - but when has any political party helped anyone but their donors?

Donald Trump would never have been elected in 2016 if it wasn't for the perennial hollowing out of the middle class, bit by bit, from 1995 onwards. For me, Obama bailing out Wall St bankers in 2008/2009 really was the icing on the cake for a lot of people who would have voted centre-left most of their lives.

Donald Trump is hardline on the border issue - that for me is what this election should be about. People will crap on about the economy etc, but really, most western countries have high private debt levels driving housing prices - until those prices correct - economies across countries such as Aus, Canada and to a lesser extent, the UK and the USA, economies across these continents will continue to groan until a deleveraging event occurs.

When I see Harris talking with a fake accent at an event, or talking in another word salad, it reminds me of how so many politicians are just taking us for a ride, but pretending to be our friend. At least The Donald is upfront about it.

The joy of observing the suffering of others comes from the observer's feeling that the other's failure represents an improvement or validation of their own group's status in relation to minority groups.

For those less academically inclined - WADSFA

Borderline offensive post.

Countries have a right to protect their borders - with any force necessary. Just like you lock your house at night.

Borderline offensive post.

Countries have a right to protect their borders - with any force necessary. Just like you lock your house at night.
Then why did the GOP kill the bill that was negotiated in a bipartisan way to try and fix the problem?

Because Trump wanted to make it an election issue for personal benefit.

His current ‘concepts of a plan’ would mean parents of children born in the US could be deported.

He’s claimed illegal immigrants are crossing the border ‘to come and kill your family’ yesterday

I haven't heard him say that. I can't comment.

But I'm anti open borders. So is most the population. Trump wouldn't be a viable candidate if political parties listened to the populace on this issue. That is the real issue here.

Then why did the GOP kill the bill that was negotiated in a bipartisan way to try and fix the problem?

Because Trump wanted to make it an election issue for personal benefit.

His current ‘concepts of a plan’ would mean parents of children born in the US could be deported.

Of course. It is a huge issue at the moment - across all western countries truth be told.

I haven't seen the plan - but if someone enters a country illegally and gives birth while they are there, I don't necessarily think that should preclude them from being deported. I think that is a perfectly reasonable position to have.

Of course. It is a huge issue at the moment - across all western countries truth be told.

I haven't seen the plan - but if someone enters a country illegally and gives birth while they are there, I don't necessarily think that should preclude them from being deported. I think that is a perfectly reasonable position to have.
A lot of them are ‘undocumented’ so due to delays in processing, allowed to enter the community, get a job and then become part of a local community. Jobs which also form the backbone of the US economy.

My real take is it’s just standard exploitation by the wealthy that sets up this situation, but a political solution is needed not just a promise to round up people and put them in camps because a) where are they going to go b) who is going to pay to fund these camps…nobody, a fascist is likely to use them for slave labour.

I haven't heard him say that. I can't comment.

But I'm anti open borders. So is most the population. Trump wouldn't be a viable candidate if political parties listened to the populace on this issue. That is the real issue here.
No-one, at least no elected federal and probably state representative of either major party in the US, is pro open border.

You know this.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA Kamala Harris the 47th President of the United States - Hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back