Kane Cornes - Flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I actually rate him. Shouldn’t have gone so hard at ginnivan, and at times he leans too far into shock jock mode, but listening to him a bit on SEN he generally backs it up with stats and speaks very well.
He has apologised to ginny and died his hair, seemed to lean into the fun of it all in the end.

Remember when he flipped off Brodie holland after they held on to beat us by a kick? He was young and brash and got pulled up by chocko at the time. Reckon he just sees himself in Ginny and wanted to deliver the same lecture.

Think he’ll be a media mainstay for the next 20 odd years and the key will be whether he can stay more of an analyst than a shit stirrer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Saw footage of him in the Andy Maher meltdown (which I loved 🤣)
He was more upset because we continue to show him up.
The guy is a clickbait merchant, I refuse to read or listen to SEN when he comes on due to his s**t stirring, worse than ol negative Nancy Caro 🤮

Just be ready when we do lose a final because he will be in full on boots and all.

Needs to be careful smashing an institution of such prestigious history all the time I think, karma bites hard.
He needs to understand that no matter what Collingwood does for the rest of the season, he was wrong. He had them bottom 4 at the start. I'd respect him a lot more if he just admitted he got it wrong.

He’s not a coward just for having a crack at people occasionally and sure, he starts discussions with opinions he knows will be divisive, but he’s always been happy to put his hand up when he’s been wrong, and he always gives airtime to callers who disagree with him. I haven’t agreed with everything he’s ever said but that’s not the point of him being in his role.

Also, his serious analysis is as good as anyones. Give me Cornes over all the Jonathan Brown/Cameron Ling “good bloke” types any day of the week.

I think he's great. Informative and honest.
One of the very best in the business, along with Lloyd and Buckley.
He wasn't barracking for Collingwood, so what? He's Port Adelaide why would he?
It's not that he wasn't barracking for Collingwood. He looked as shattered as Andrew Maher.

He’s not a coward just for having a crack at people occasionally and sure, he starts discussions with opinions he knows will be divisive, but he’s always been happy to put his hand up when he’s been wrong, and he always gives airtime to callers who disagree with him. I haven’t agreed with everything he’s ever said but that’s not the point of him being in his role.

Also, his serious analysis is as good as anyones. Give me Cornes over all the Jonathan Brown/Cameron Ling “good bloke” types any day of the week.
Rubbish -

What would happen to you if you bought some advertising time and spewed the type of character assassinations he specializes in?

Firstly the victims would sue your rrrrrs off and secondly you would be spending jail time.

Cornes knows he is protected by the laws surrounding the media and he hides behind it.

THAT makes him a coward.

Rubbish -

What would happen to you if you bought some advertising time and spewed the type of character assassinations he specializes in?

Firstly the victims would sue your rrrrrs off and secondly you would be spending jail time.

Cornes knows he is protected by the laws surrounding the media and he hides behind it.

THAT makes him a coward.

I don't know what you're talking about, Jon.

I understand the words, but the sentences formed by those words make no sense to me at all.

SEN should sack both Andy and Kane. Showing obvious bias like that is unacceptable for a commentator.
Na the bias is okay. I love that they hate us. It fuels us makes the wins better. Makes funny moments like the Andy Maher one. I even changed my avatar in honour of that moment. I don't think any other supporters get quite the same enjoyment as we do due to the hate and bias.

He makes his living hiding behind his professional protecting whilst publicly attacking people who have no possible way fighting back.

There is NO justification for his professional existance.

Who has he publically attacked? Outside of football players and their onfield performance that he comments on (which is his job)..

The sour,po faced expression on his face at the end of the game says it all,really,How anyone can look so sour at the end of such an exciting game is just beyond me.It just speaks volumes about his own bias.He looked every bit as miserable as Maher did at the end of the game.You could expect Maher to look miserable because he’s a Carlton supporter,but what’s Cornes’ excuse?He clearly doesn’t like us,and people should stop pretending that he’s some sort of professional unbiased commentator.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kane Cornes - Flog

Remove this Banner Ad

Back