Not-a-cluey Kanga Kanga Kanga! Woof Woof Woof?

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, good point. On balance, the rumour has to be true because the OP speaks so authoritatively on the matter and he's just setting out the facts. You know, like the 11 delistings being a big indicator of the transaction already in motion, especially since all 11 are so desirable that they've already been snapped up by other clubs.

What clinched it for me, though, was the OP using Rhyce Shaw's code-name, Rhys. Only those deep in the know are privy to this.
Apologies. I'll make sure to check the spelling on further updates

Only merger takeover that makes sense is a Carlton North Melbourne merger where the club can be called Carlton North Football Club and they can use the Kangaroo as there emblem and stay wearing blue and white colors based at Princes Park. What thd hell is a Nor West lol ... is that like a norwesterly wind break or something? Too much bulltish in the original post. Not happening 100% made up crap.

Can’t see it happening AFL signed a TV deal meaning a certain amount of games per year. So unless another team comes in to replace one lost it won’t happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May as well get straight into this one.

Western Bulldogs & North Melbourne Merger/Acquisition.

A lot still to play out on this including member and AFL sign off but the paperwork is there ready to roll.
A few points to consider:
  • Norths's list dump
  • NM Senior Coaching vacancy
  • AFL expansion
During the week WB execs and high level financiers were seen wandering around Arden St doing what looked like a survey of the surrounds. The recent turmoil around NM and their immediate future the key subject matter of their visit. Like other M/A's before them (Bris/Fitz) an amalgamation of the two team names was floated with the most popular "Nor-West Bulldogs"

LIST DUMP: Probably the biggest sign of this M/A taking place is NM clearing out its dead weight. While its fair to assume list sizes will shrink in the coming seasons, north has been shedding players for a bigger reason.

COACHING VACANCY: Its not fair on Rhys Shaw to speculate on the reasons he's facing personal challenges (we hope you're doing well Rhys, All the best) a source noted that when the merger discussions were being talked about in meetings only a few were privy to, the coaching team from a WB standpoint would remain for the most part, untouched. When told there wouldn't be a role higher than assistant available to him it had a profound affect on his state of mind and subsequently has stepped away.

AFL EXPANSION: As discussed many times in secret meetings the league is looking to grow but is unsure how it would be received. The VFL being used in 2021 as a test case to see how a longer season and expanded team roster will play out. Main issues here are the discussion around conference systems when the league gets to 20 and above entities. This all paving way into a 20 team league including NT thunder and a Tasmamian entry slated to be along the same entry pattern of GC and GWS starting in 2025.

While still a lot to play out in this matter its starting to look clearer by the day that this could very well be the way forward for North Melbourne and a chance to Expand the reach Western Bulldogs sought after their GF win in 2016.

WEP

Sources: High level financier at WB, Merger and Acquisitions facilitator for one institution enlisted & recently redundant staff member at one of the entities involved.

All true. Illuminati is behind it. Obviously.

Don't know why you had to leak it so early, Twerp ol' son. We were supposed to nurse it for a bit longer. *Sigh*

My preference, as a high ranking Illuminati member (board level), was for Carlton & North.

Outvoted by the Bulldogs Admin, who pretty much run these conspiracies in the modern era.

So be it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All true. Illuminati is behind it. Obviously.

Don't know why you had to leak it so early, Twerp ol'son. We were supposed to nurse it for a bit longer. *Sigh*

My preference, as a high ranking Illuminati member (board level) was for Carlton & North.

Outvoted by the Bulldogs Admin, who pretty much run these conspiracies in the modern era.

So be it.
'Twerp' 🤣

personally the two clubs financially im most worried about are melbourne and stkilda

if this kind of thing was to happen, i'd assume they would be the more likely candidates

Given the Ch7 contract requires a certain number of teams to fulfil I can't see a merger being the best course of action. A relocation seems more viable but still unlikely at the moment.

personally the two clubs financially im most worried about are melbourne and stkilda

if this kind of thing was to happen, i'd assume they would be the more likely candidates
You should check you facts before posting champ.

But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

You should check you facts before posting champ.

But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good story.

the concern i have for you guys is where your revenues are coming from in 2021/22

selling your pokies has helped for now, but what will your books look like with less sponsors, less members, much less attendance, and less support from the afl?

recent history is also against you - this is the forth time we've been told in recent decades that the dees were now financially sound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back