Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks
In a short press release they refute most of what edie says

-They get $1m per year no 2-2.5 as eddie suggested

- Agreed to by AFL and all clubs - colling wood did not 'fix' it for them

- No connection whatsoever to what jumper the Kangaroos wear.

- They wear the blue one in a purely voluntary way

Not happy eddie

Pessimistic said:
In a short press release they refute most of what edie says

-They get $1m per year no 2-2.5 as eddie suggested

Either Eddie doesn't know how much we get or he does and was spinning his usual rubbish to suit his argument.

Either way he looks like a goose.

Eddie was on 'On The Couch' and in his own arrogant fashion inferred, Collingwood keep the Kangaroos alive by putting money into the equalisation fund and the kangas take 2 - 2.5 million a year from it, when it was actually one million this year, and because of this the Kangas agree to wear a different jumper when they play Collingwood, and Collingwood wear their black and white stripes. The Kangas today made clear there is no such agreement. In Eddie's head Collingwood's jumper can't be touched but the kangaroos jumper means next to nothing, that's the way he came across. Basically Maguire denigrated the Kangaroos with his 'we are Collingwood' attitude when using the Roos as an example of the role Collingwood play in helping other clubs, when his facts were loose and wrong. Eddie was bearable for the rest of interview but his words on the kangaroos just showed everything painful about his attitude. Great work to the kangas for giving him a clip back, he needs to learn respect for other clubs, though his face would go blue if someone told him this.

NorthBhoy said:
Either Eddie doesn't know how much we get or he does and was spinning his usual rubbish to suit his argument.

Either way he looks like a goose.

Eddie bashing time again, poor little Kangaroos being beaten around the ears by the big boys in the league.

Canberra can't stand you either, only go to see the Swans/Roos games for the Swans, couldn't give a stuff about your team.

steviewonder36 said:
Eddie bashing time again, poor little Kangaroos being beaten around the ears by the big boys in the league.

Canberra can't stand you either, only go to see the Swans/Roos games for the Swans, couldn't give a stuff about your team.

Exactly why it's a problem for Eddie to get his facts wrong and put another club down - there's so many sheep who will follow.

I'd guess Eddie wouldn't have wanted it to come out the way it did - he always gives the impression he has a lot of respect for North. Just getting a bit carried away with the idea that the competition rests on Collingwood's shoulders, and as he does so often, fudging the facts to make his argument. Glad to have my club standing up to fix the wrong impression given.

And open your eyes, stevie, it takes more than a big training centre and your own tv show to make you a big boy in this league. Eventually you have to win something.

steviewonder36 said:

You know what, apart from the headline of this thread, I don't think the Kangas said anything inflamatory, they merely cleared up the points Eddie made.

I actually thought McGuire was pretty good last night.

But as for your statement about Canberra....well I've got a 6 point result from Sunday that I've been waiting to tell a noisy Woods supporter AAAALLLLLLLLLL ABOUT.

THOMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Hearts to hearts said:
Exactly why it's a problem for Eddie to get his facts wrong and put another club down - there's so many sheep who will follow.

I'd guess Eddie wouldn't have wanted it to come out the way it did - he always gives the impression he has a lot of respect for North. Just getting a bit carried away with the idea that the competition rests on Collingwood's shoulders, and as he does so often, fudging the facts to make his argument. Glad to have my club standing up to fix the wrong impression given.

And open your eyes, stevie, it takes more than a big training centre and your own tv show to make you a big boy in this league. Eventually you have to win something.

You idiot, where does it mention that i'm a sheep or a 'follower' of Eddie!

I want on field success more than anything, but I'm sick to death of opposition supporters whinging about Eddie or Collingwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

steviewonder36 said:

I want on field success more than anything, but I'm sick to death of opposition supporters whinging about Eddie or Collingwood.

1. Eddie started yesterday with an attack on North Melbourne.

2. North Melbourne put out a release to calmly clear up the wrong things he'd said.

3. Someone posts the clarification on here.

4. You jump in with a completely uncalled for post saying how pathetic the NMFC is, no-one wants to watch us and unlike Collingwood we aren't "big boys".

No-one whinged about Eddie or Collingwood, in fact no-one got personal until you arrived to champion Eddie right or wrong, and put down the club that was just pointing out where he had said things that were untrue. Baaaa.

steviewonder36 said:

so you posted in a thread, attacked the author and his team, didn't defend the argument at hand (and you just happen to be a collingwood supporter) but we are not to think you are on here defending eddie?

*sigh*

What Eddie deflecting something else by making an issue about another club?

Surely not? Give up guys the vast majority of Pie fans think his ******** don't stink.

How many Eddie threads can you have in one day. Talk about boring everyone ********less.

goalpie said:
How many Eddie threads can you have in one day. Talk about boring everyone ********less.

Thats right. Stick with the messiah faithful one. Don't you understand he is turning a club which once did have respect (not to be confused with affection) into a long running soap opera? He's all about ratings not respect

eddiesmith said:
Kangaroos heritage has had many jumpers, the kangaroos joined the VFL after Collingwood. Its up to them not to clash.

Don't we do that anyway?

I don't think Eddie 'attacked' North, nor do I think our press release was anything but a clarification of some points that Eddie was incorrect about.

North are not in a position to rock the boat. Not the AFL's boat, not Collingwood's. That ok. We'll play submissive servants for as long as it takes.

All while we kick your arse of course.

I have a copy of the Collingwood Encyclopaedia in front of me right now (don't ask why) and after a quick flick I can't see a black backed jumper anywhere in here.

Regardless of whether they did have this version at some other stage in their existence, haven't the Pies changed their strip since Eddie came to power? And I could be completely off beam, but wasn't it at the behest of one of their sponsors?

Look, in Ed's defence, it must be hard to be successful in every other facet of life but to follow a team that's won next to nothing in his lifetime. Heck even a club that's subserviant to his has won 4 flags in that time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Kangaroos give "McGuire" a serve

Remove this Banner Ad

Back